Options

Morrissey to appear on Russell Brands new chat show (channel 4)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
Forum Member
I hope he's more relaxed than on Jonathan Ross a few years back. Should be an interesting watch anyway (friday December 1st 11pm)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    He's such a miserable git and I can't see him getting on with Brand any better than he did with Ross?

Hasn't he got the autonomy to choose which chat shows he goes on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Yevrah- wrote:
    He's such a miserable git and I can't see him getting on with Brand any better than he did with Ross?

Hasn't he got the autonomy to choose which chat shows he goes on?

lol, i think he chose Brand's show because of Russell's obvious love for the man , Russell named his cat "Morrissey", he championed him on BBC2's the culture show's "greatest living British icons" too (Morrissey has made the top 10 apparently), car crash tv i bet, I'm looking forward to it (big fan of both)

Another guest is Courtney Love. :eek:
  • Options
    xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That whole greatest living Icon thing is a joke. Celebrity cocaine addict Kate Moss is in the top 10 lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh I can't stand him! Great lyricist but people often think that it makes him a cool person. It really doesn't.

Making people into icons = yuck.
  • Options
    lillyoolillyoo Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he just singing or is he gonna talk to Russell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he's doing both, depends on the format of Russels new chat show. It starts next Friday i think.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    With or without any living icon awards, and like it or not, Morrissey has been my icon since the 1980s and always will be. I don't need to vote on it.

And anyone who really knows anything about Morrissey will know he is NOT a miserable git. That always makes me laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was on Jools Holland's show and Jools tried a knock knock joke on him for some reason.
    Jools "Knock knock?"
    Morrissey "I'm not in."
    :D
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does RB start on C4? Maybe RB can save C4's disasterous Autumn.

But IMO, Unanimous is great, another American show that is too complex for the majority of the chav British viewers.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Sprogg
    When does RB start on C4? Maybe RB can save C4's disasterous Autumn.

The Russell Brand Show' starts on Channel 4 on Friday

November 24th - 11:05 - 11:55pm.

Time - 23:05 - 23:55 (50 minutes long)

When - Friday 24th November on Channel 4

The Russell Brand Show, hosted by one of the hottest and most talked about talents of the year, welcomes you to Russell's late-night lounge club for five very special one-off shows. Each week's show contains a unique blend of Russell's comic humour, combined with witty celebrity interviews, comedy sketches, topical chat on the week's funniest news stories and live acoustic performances from some of the best bands in the country.

Watch Online, Subtitles, Part 1 of 5)

Source: five.tv/tvguide/

On the advert I saw for the show last night, he said that David Walliams and Matt whatshisface are the guests on the first show, no doubt talking about Russell having a part in their stage show for Comic Relief, which he mentioned earlier on his Radio 2 show.

His new slot on Radio 2 started tonight - 9:00 - 11:00 and is very good so far, if not a little on-the-straight-and-narrow for our Russell. It seems that he's on his best behaviour so far, and I dont think I've heard the infamous 'dinkle' as yet! Sadly, I've not laughed out loud to anything as yet, so I'm a little dissapointed. I'm sure Russell will settle down over the next few weeks and we will get some of his naughtyness back - I love all that, the swine! :D