Eastenders - 24/3/08 - Will Max Survive? - Episode Discussion

I know it's quite early, but it looks like quite an exciting episode tonight!
Tanya's still stood frozen in the woods, staring down at the coffin in the grave, while a muffled banging can still be heard from inside – Max is still alive and he's scrabbling to get out. Tanya's rooted to the spot and suddenly falls to her knees to bury the coffin. Inside the wooden container, Max scrambles for his mobile and calls the house…

Back on the Square, Bradley's still babysitting the girls and is watching a DVD with them. The phone rings but they ignore it, leaving the answering machine to click in. They all hear Max's voice and Abi runs for the phone. Max can't get a word in edge-ways as Abi proceeds to tell him about her trip to the ice rink. The thudding of the earth on the lid of the coffin continues. Max then loses his signal and the call drops.

Clearly overwhelmed by the situation, Tanya and Sean look at each other. Sean suggests that they leave but Tanya remains transfixed on the earth below.

On their return to Walford, Tanya is surprised to find Bradley in the house, while Lauren begins to complain about her ankle injury from ice skating. Tanya, however, is distracted by what's just happened in the woods. It's not long before Lauren accuses Tanya of having an argument with Max. Abi then wanders down the stairs wanting to know when her dad's coming home as she has a present for him. Tanya looks sickened.

Sean returns to the Slaters' covered in mud and is immediately confronted by Stacey who asks him what he's done to Max. Sean denies his state is anything to do with Max.

Tanya's tucking the girls up in bed but continues to feel worse and worse. The door bell rings – Tanya's scared…

In the woods, six feet under, Max's phone battery dies. In the darkness, Max whispers 'Dad'…

Written by Simon Ashdown.

Discuss tonight's episode here. :)

Rate 230 votes

Excellent
62% 144 votes
Very Good
15% 35 votes
Good
6% 16 votes
Average
2% 6 votes
Poor
3% 7 votes
Very Poor
9% 22 votes

Comments

• Muckle FluggaMuckle Flugga Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they don't bring max back too soon - it would be better to have him return to the square in a few months rather than this week. I actually wish he HAD died :o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't bring max back too soon - it would be better to have him return to the square in a few months rather than this week. I actually wish he HAD died :o
    Max is rescued by Tanya tonight, but will leave the Square at the end of the episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good, got a good night of tv ahead of us as well as tomorrow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait, looks brilliant
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone feeling sorry for Max yet???

Not me - he has lied and cheated his way through his life leaving one woman for another, cheating, lying and generally being an all round bad ass

I am glad he is leaving and wont be sorry to see the back of him
  • Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »

Not me - he has lied and cheated his way through his life leaving one woman for another, cheating, lying and generally being an all round bad ass

I do, he didnt deserved to be buried alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do - it was an extremely cruel thing to do and I don't think he deserved it. There were other options.

I hope he comes back and wreaks vengence on them both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milosimab wrote: »
    I do - it was an extremely cruel thing to do and I don't think he deserved it. There were other options.

I hope he comes back and wreaks vengence on them both.

Yup agreed, it was a very heartless thing for Tanya to do and contemplate.

I dont really care what a man gets up to when hes cheating on his partner but to actually be buried alive is pretty evil in my books.

But i do hope he comes back and gets some sweet revenge...perhaps not against Tanya but against Sean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were other options.

Obviously not to Tanya otherwise she wouldnt have done it - she wanted to hurt him as much as he had hurt her so decided to do the one thing she knew would terrify him - justifed revenge FROM HER POINT OF VIEW
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to watch it :D I wonder how many people will still moan at the out come :rolleyes:

More Tanya and Max :D

I do feel sorry for Max, but it's his worst fear come true yet again, and IMO what goes around comes around :D

Still luv Max though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanya was such an idiot with her first revenge scheme, she should have let him moved in after signing the papers not before. Then she went and shagged him afterwards. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcane2 wrote: »
    Tanya was such an idiot with her first revenge scheme, she should have let him moved in after signing the papers not before. Then she went and shagged him afterwards. :eek:

Yeah wasn't she, and I couldn't understand why she trusted him to post them. Hasn't she cottoned on yet that he is a compulsive liar. She should have insisted on posting them once he had signed them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah wasn't she, and I couldn't understand why she trusted him to post them. Hasn't she cottoned on yet that he is a compulsive liar. She should have insisted on posting them once he had signed them.

Isnt that what pushed her to bury him tho? Finally the lightbulb came on when she discovered Max had no intention of signing anything over to her - hence her burying him alive - he had just pushed her too far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt that what pushed her to bury him tho? Finally the lightbulb came on when she discovered Max had no intention of signing anything over to her - hence her burying him alive - he had just pushed her too far

The lightbulb was a really faulty one, in other words it took much longer to come on than a normal lightbulb would.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I still think deep down Tanya still loves Max, though I will never understand why Max cheated on Tanya, I mean she is gorgeous :D god if I had a women like her I would never even look at another women let alone cheat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but she must have realised after all that has happened in the past year that he couldn't be trusted to post those papers. I don't know why she was so shocked when she found them ripped up. That would be par for the course with Max and she has been married to him long enough to realise that.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to tonight's ep :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lightbulb was a really faulty one, in other words it took much longer to come on than a normal lightbulb would.

well yes would have to agree there

The fact that he started an affair with her whilst still married to, cant remember her name, should have made the lightbulb come on in the first place, but no she married him and had 3 children!!

Once a cheater always a cheater IMO only
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO-one deserves that, what a frightful fate......kill 'em & bury him I could understand but to let someone die like that would make you as bad as them.

Good viewing though. But a bit surpprised they didnt make it a longer episode & broadcast it a bit later. Could freak out some kids I would have thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XXBarbXX wrote: »
    NO-one deserves that, what a frightful fate......kill 'em & bury him I could understand but to let someone die like that would make you as bad as them.

Good viewing though. But a bit surpprised they didnt make it a longer episode & broadcast it a bit later. Could freak out some kids I would have thought.
    but she doesnt let him die does she? she goes back and lets him free but all accounts, or so i am led to believe with the spoilers that are around
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    but she doesnt let him die does she? she goes back and lets him free but all accounts, or so i am led to believe with the spoilers that are around
    No she doesn't
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    No she doesn't
    ok so who does if tonight he is seen walking out of the Square??

Confused.com!! :confused::confused:

or have I got the wrong end of the stick??
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isnt it common knowledge, atleast on here - that he does infact
    survive

so why are we putting it in spoiler tags, lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dunno - thought it was the "right thing to do"

didnt want to upset anyone but not using a spoiler when i should have done so thought it best to use a spoiler when not sure!
  • BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it was the revelation that she had shagged Max again that brought Sean into the revenge plot because up to that point he was trying to talk her out of it.