Cat Killer Sentenced

Comments

• BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    What a fuss about a cat. Theres millions of them about.

I wish someone could have killed all my ex-neighbours cats. She made our lives a misery living next door to her:mad:

:eek: There are millions of humans about too - would you advocate killing them if they annoyed you too? :mad: .

Surely you could've just moved house if you didn't like the fact that cats lived next door? :confused:
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    HOLY SHIT!

I think you need to read the definition of a family!

Unless someone in your family has been having it away with a cat!?!? :eek:

So family can only be achieved by people "having it away" with each other?

By your reasoning, adopted children cannot be part of their parents' family.

I know that my cat is not the same species as me, but I love her and consider her to be part of my family. Who are you to judge how valid people's feelings are?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »

I know that my cat is not the same species as me, but I love her and consider her to be part of my family. Who are you to judge how valid people's feelings are?

I completely agree - my two mogs are definitely part of the family :) .
  • good shepherdgood shepherd Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    So do people. Does that make it alright to stuff them into plastic bags and drown them?
    No.
    Whether it was an animal or a human, what it was is loved by someone.
    I never suggested the cat was not "loved".
    Childless housebounds. How much ruder and more patronising can you get and how much further can you show your ignorance and embarrass yourself?
    Please get a sense of perspective.
    Quite frankly, I'm sure most people would rather have a flea off the back of a diseased spider as a family member than either of you if your obvious intellect, tact and eloquence are anything to go by.
    Quite frankly I am appalled by your rudeness!
    You do you cause no good by writing such things and you only alienate yourself from the more "moderate" cat lovers, and in the end do your cause more harm than good. I suggest you apologise, not only to me and "LAW ENFORCEMENT", but to other DS members, who should not have to witness such nastiness.

CAN I MAKE IT QUITE CLEAR I DO NOT REGARD "Forever Awkward" AND HIS VIEWS AS REPRESENTING THOSE OF THE CAT LOVING COMMUNITY. I realize most "genuine cat lovers" will try to distance themselves from him.
    I don't believe it is proportional to the crime. Child killers get many years in jail. Pet killers should get at least some

Are you suggesting the man should have got off with a "slap on the wrist" had the cat been a stray and not a pet. I find this point abhorrent. It is not the cats fault!!!:mad:
    I don't know about amielouise but you and good shepherd should hang your heads in shame.
    I hang my head, but it is in quiet meditation. I suggest you do the same! Search your inner self, why so much nastiness? Has anyone ever hurt you? If so please feel free to PM me, where we can discuss it privately.

How many millions of people are there? I repeat, does that make it alright to stuff them into plastic bags and drown them?
    As has been said, no one is saying the guy did no wrong (except maybe his solicitor). Simply in the scheme of things it's no big deal. I think deep down you know this as true. What concerns me is why you insist on continuing this bizaree charade. Is anyone threatening you if you don't continue to make "pro cat" posts , perhaps saying that you will be of of the "gang" if you don't?:confused:
    Forum Member
    No, and you know why because you then said ....
    She is not part of your family, in the same way a four slice toaster can not be part of your family no matter what your feelings for it are.
    Forum Member
    Bigfeet wrote: »
    I completely agree - my two mogs are definitely part of the family :) .
    No they are not. No matter how much want it you will never be part of the family.

I have a very nice pair of black shoes, they are no more part of my family than your cats are part of yours.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and you know so because you then said

She is not part of your family, in the same way a four slice toaster can not be part of your family no matter what your feelings for it are.

Now I'm unsure whether you are likening an adopted child to a toaster or not

Whatever the case I still find some of your comments on this thread abhorrent.
    Forum Member
    Now I'm unsure whether you are likening an adopted child to a toaster or not
    My response concerning the toaster, was a direct response to a (quoted) point about a FM who had a cat who considered it as part of her/his family.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not. No matter how much want it you will never be part of the family.

I have a very nice pair of black shoes, they are no more part of my family than your cats are part of yours.

A 'family' is whatever you define it to be surely?

Technically you are quite correct of course. But when we are discussing people's emotions, technical truth doesn't come into it.

To say that a cat or dog is not part of 'the family' is pure semantics.
  • fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    well on the other hand she should have been fined for letting her pet wander freely onto another persons property. i hate it when cat owners just let their pet free to wander and kill wild life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abbie1953 wrote: »
    We have just been to court to-day to witness the despicable monster who threw a neighbours cat in a canal being sentenced. We all thought the outcome would be community service,but were delighted that he was sentenced to 4months in prison, what a wonderful outcome for a person to have thought he would never have been caught.I have posted previously when he was allowed to go on holiday to Tennerife and kind people helped me to copy the stories to this forum.Watch newspapers tomorrow.

In all honesty, if you were to spend more time worrying about human beings as opposed to a cat I'd have some sympathy for your plight.

In the time taken to write this reply at least 100 children have died due to starvation.

Cats! Show some humanity and worry about humanity!:mad:
    Forum Member
    jase1 wrote: »
    A 'family' is whatever you define it to be surely?
    No.
    Technically you are quite correct of course. But when we are discussing people's emotions, technical truth doesn't come into it.
    When it comes to determining right and wrong, we have to (try to) remove all emotions.
    To say that a cat or dog is not part of 'the family' is pure semantics.
    Pure truth. It is not part of his family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frasera wrote: »
    well on the other hand she should have been fined for letting her pet wander freely onto another persons property. i hate it when cat owners just let their pet free to wander and kill wild life.

Agreed -- but why are cats always singled out?

Our neighbour's dog invades our property and messes it up -- should our neighbours be fined as well?

(Probably yes actually IMO -- if I can keep my cats in check, so can that tosspot next door keep tabs on his flaming mutt!!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No offence, but shoes do not have personalities or give affection, nor are they naughty at times :p:D .
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    No, and you know why because you then said ....

I consider her part of my family. Your comparison of a living being and an inanimate object is ridiculous :rolleyes:! My toaster is as much a part of my family as my car is (i.e. not at all).

LAW ENFORCEMENT inferred in his/her post that a cat cannot be part of the family unless a family member had been having it away with a cat. Why are you answering comments questioning his/her posts? And, if you do choose to answer them, then at least have the foresight to read the whole thing first :rolleyes:

And who are you to say that my feelings are invalid?
  • fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Agreed -- but why are cats always singled out?

Our neighbour's dog invades our property and messes it up -- should our neighbours be fined as well?

(Probably yes actually IMO -- if I can keep my cats in check, so can that tosspot next door keep tabs on his flaming mutt!!).

because cat owners tend to be more brazen and cats can scale fences that dogs can't handle. the same applies for dogs yes, but its mostly a cat issue. if you let your cat roam and it gets killed on the road or buy some guy it is partially your own fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A relationship still exists though.

If not 'family', then property applies. It still doesn't alter the fact that this man has no right to take what belongs to someone else, and destroy it. And that's before you get onto the cruelty aspect.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My response concerning the toaster, was a direct response to a (quoted) point about a FM who had a cat who considered it as part of her/his family.

You also quoted their comments regarding adopted children with that response.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    It's good that harsher sentences are being given, if only this would follow suit into other areas.

Truth didn't stop you suggesting people were childless and housebound.

Or can you make statements of opinion but everyone else must be factually accurate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frasera wrote: »
    but its mostly a cat issue.

I disagree with this actually.

Our cats stay indoors, and only go into the garden supervised, so I can hold some moral high ground on this issue.

I find that cats are a constant stream of mild irritation, whereas when dogs are a problem, they're a major, potentially dangerous one.

We still have people refusing to pick up after their dog's mess when taking them for walks, dogs getting into other's gardens and -- quite unlike the typical cat -- becoming aggressive toward a neighbour on his own property, dogs biting other people's dogs/children etc etc.

So it depends on what your priorities are really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abbie1953 wrote: »
    We have just been to court to-day to witness the despicable monster who threw a neighbours cat in a canal being sentenced. We all thought the outcome would be community service,but were delighted that he was sentenced to 4months in prison, what a wonderful outcome for a person to have thought he would never have been caught.I have posted previously when he was allowed to go on holiday to Tennerife and kind people helped me to copy the stories to this forum.Watch newspapers tomorrow.

I wish there were more people like you around, hats off to you.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a charming fellow you must be.
    Bigfeet wrote: »
    :eek: There are millions of !)humans about too - would you advocate killing them if they annoyed you too? :mad: .

Surely you could've just moved house if you didn't like the fact that cats lived next door? :confused:

Read this article & it'll make my reasons clearer. (The only place I could find it was in a St Albans newspapers archive for some reason. The East Londons paper search facility isnt working).

Yes, bigfeet, we did move thats why I put ex-neighbour.

She got done for changing the use of her house to a cat charity but won on appeal for some stupid reason :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read this article & it'll make my reasons clearer. (The only place I could find it was in a St Albans newspapers archive for some reason. The East Londons paper search facility isnt working).

She got done for changing the use of her house to a cat charity but won on appeal for some stupid reason :(

Your link won't open for me :( .

So did you move just because of the cats then? :eek: :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The road to hell...

Anyway, why is this woman's actions reason to kill the animals in her care?

This was one for environmental health.

Did you arrive there first or did the cat nutter?
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    He should not have killed the cat.

Why did he admit it to the police ????????

If he'd said nothing he probably would be free today.

I don't know anything about cats.

Was there no way for the owner to keep the cat away from the neighbours house and going into the house ?

How do you keep a cat from going into gardens?? That's right, we have to like it or lump it.

This is the excuse given to me by cat lovers. It makes me angry still that I spent hours preparing what was a beautiful, beautiful flower garden only for some flea bitten rat of an animal tear up all the flowers in order to bury its droppings. I was then supposed to buy coke bottles filled with water, fake cats, lion dung(???) and make sound recordings of dogs just so keep these scourges of people's gardens out.