Options

Best mobile for texting?

TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
Forum Member
I'd be interested to hear from anyone else regarding which mobiles are the easiest to use for typing in text messages as the keys are shared on most mobiles, e.g. 7 doubles up as PQRS too!

In particular, I'd be interested to hear also from any virtual screen users, e.g. iPhone, or from anyone who uses a Blackberry which has a full QWERTY pad. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacberry full qwerty keyboard. There are short-cut leys - highlight a message in your inbox, press 'R' and it opens in reply mode. Download the full manual and see for yourself.
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for something fairly cheap without advanced features, LG are now selling a budget phone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard called the KS360. I'm not sure how good it is, but I've been looking for a new, cheap phone lately and that's the only affordable QWERTY one I've found. Sadly, it's exclusive to Orange which makes it no use for me, but you might like to look at it.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    I would definitely recommend a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, second choice would be a normal keypad and trailing far, far behind would be a touchscreen.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Thanks to bellville1, prking and the researcher for that info - much appreciated. I'll go check out the recommendations particularly the KS360 as I'm with Orange anyway.
  • Options
    Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're looking for something fairly cheap without advanced features, LG are now selling a budget phone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard called the KS360. I'm not sure how good it is, but I've been looking for a new, cheap phone lately and that's the only affordable QWERTY one I've found. Sadly, it's exclusive to Orange which makes it no use for me, but you might like to look at it.

only the pink one is exclusive to orange. u can get the blue one on 02. my partner mite be getting this
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think its exclusive anymore as i saw it on the O2 Online Shop
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTY is definitely quicker. iPhone isn't the best but I can text faster on the iPhone than I ever can using a numeric keypad. Some people though I like speed demons on those numeric keypads though, like my girlfriend, but I still think I can beat her typing the same thing on my iPhone. Haven't used a Blackberry that much but that is probably even faster.

There is a point though for a lot of users where it just clicks. There is a point where you can use both thumbs and put trust in the correction software and you can fly. You have to look at the phone though and sometimes I miss the space bar and sometimes the word correction can be a bit American.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an LG Viewty which has an option for an onscreen qwerty keyboard which is pretty easy to use with the stylus pen thing but difficult to use with your fingers if you have big hands. But the normal onscreen phone keypad is very easy to use as the 'buttons' are big.