Davina applied for Katie Puckrick's Job on The Word

JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought a few of you might be interested to know this if you didn't already.

I was watching one of the old Best of The Word shows on TV Choice the other night (It was four in the morning, I couldn't sleep and I've watched everything else on TV Choice) and there were a few clips of some of the aspiring presenters trying out for the presenting job that Katie Puckrick eventually got.

And there was Davina! A lot younger. Lighter hair. Even then, the same annoying overreaction to everything.

How the tables have turned........I wonder if her and Terry mentioned it at all.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. ooh, interesting stuff :) I liked how she called the show, during Terry's interview, "a Word" then quickly recovered by saying, "The Word" ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard she also wanted the job Bruiser de Cadanet eventually got...but he was the better presenter, so... ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when Davina was a vj on MTV. I remember when she did a show on there that had her running around in a bikini. Oh how I miss those days.
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigWalrus wrote: »
    I remember when Davina was a vj on MTV. I remember when she did a show on there that had her running around in a bikini. Oh how I miss those days.
    Same here.

MTV VJs Ray Cokes,Maiken Wexo..great times.

Didnt davina also work for a cheap cable tv channel or did i dream that? I also remember john leslie on some music channel on cable which sometimes got aired in the wee small hours on itv.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fave pre-BB Davina thing is being Kylie Minogue's best friend in the Word Is Out video :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fave pre-BB Davina thing is being Kylie Minogue's best friend in the Word Is Out video :D

Ohhhhhh....never seen that video for ages....Kylie is damn hot in it.:o
  • SpecialFriedSpecialFried Posts: 3,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't anyone remember God's Gift?:D (Was that her first national show?)

It was never the same after Davina left, that Winkelmann really couldn't hack it, lol.:D
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    get-tae wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh....never seen that video for ages....Kylie is damn hot in it.:o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SsRNIfOQo1U&feature=PlayList&p=A367DAA69925E88E&playnext=1&index=19