Anybody got Android L (OTA) on their pre 2014 Nexus device yet ?

bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Supposed to start the rollout this week, but still no sign on mine yet.

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Supposed to start the rollout this week, but still no sign on mine yet.

According to Artem Russakovskii's post on his Google+ page, OTA for Android 5.0 for Nexus devices has been pushed back by a week. They're ironing out some last minute bugs. We'll see it this time next week.

My Nexus 7 (2013) can wait a week.
    Hey guys, I just got word from one of our tipsters that the first OTAs got delayed due to some outstanding bugs, now currently scheduled for the 12th.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    According to Artem Russakovskii's post on his Google+ page, OTA for Android 5.0 for Nexus devices has been pushed back by a week. They're ironing out some last minute bugs. We'll see it this time next week.

My Nexus 7 (2013) can wait a week.

yep, 12.11.14 , as just confirmed here
    The Android 5.0 Lollipop release date delay has given other OEMs a chance to beat Google at their own game and jump ahead with their own OTA rollout. In any case, look forward to seeing your Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 or Nexus 4 get the Android 5.0 Lollipop update rollout OTA starting Wednesday, Nov. 12.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing how it looks on my Nexus 7. Hope it improves the battery life!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing how it looks on my Nexus 7. Hope it improves the battery life!!

That's supposed to be one of the main benefits.

Together with a much enhanced appearance :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I haven't got offered it yet, but I still run Android 4.x! I'm running updates now so that I'll be ready for the new update. I hope it runs fine on a 2013 Nexus 7!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got offered it yet, but I still run Android 4.x! I'm running updates now so that I'll be ready for the new update. I hope it runs fine on a 2013 Nexus 7!

Should do, that's one of the prime recipients :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing on my Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing on mine yet, either - patience :kitty:

"Your system is up to date" ^_^
  • Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that the BBC is alleging that their latest iPlayer update has fixed the stuttering in Lollipop but not KitKat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y Me wrote: »
    I see that the BBC is alleging that their latest iPlayer update has fixed the stuttering in Lollipop but not KitKat.

Really ? - do you have a link for that ?

Great news if true.

Found this which doesn't look great, tbh.
  • maninthemaskmaninthemask Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Just had my nexus 7 updated .
  • Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Really ? - do you have a link for that ?

Great news if true.

BBC iPlayer App in Google Store. Version 4.4.1. Can't confirm as I haven't received Lollipop OTA yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lucky you - I know it's a staggered rollout.
    Y Me wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer App in Google Store. Version 4.4.1. Can't confirm as I haven't received Lollipop OTA yet.

Cheers :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    BBC iPlayer works fine with Android 5 now according to the recent app update listed in the Google play store.
    What’s new in Version 4.4.1?
    • Downloads now work in Android Lollipop (5.0), and without any playback stuttering. So be sure to accept any operating system upgrades when they become available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer works fine with Android 5 now according to the recent app update listed in the Google play store.

Thanks - yes indeed, just looked it up :)
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My 2012 N7 updated last night.

How do you rollback to 4.4? I wish I'd looked at the interface of 5 prior to installing, it is utter garbage.

After Apple blatantly copied some Android designs, Android is now copying the iOS look and feel. It looks lousy. Feels terrible. And on my N7, it is definitely slow. Very, very slow.

The only good thing I can see from Lollipop and iOS8 is that the awful designs should be playing right into MS hands, as WP8 is definitely the one interface design that actually stands out as working quite well .... but then MS couldn't market anything.

I would honestly suggest that anyone with a 2012 N7 either waits for a 5.1 update (to address the performance issues), or just don't bother - it really doesn't improve the experience in the slightest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »

How do you rollback to 4.4? I wish I'd looked at the interface of 5 prior to installing, it is utter garbage.

After Apple blatantly copied some Android designs, Android is now copying the iOS look and feel. It looks lousy. Feels terrible. And on my N7, it is definitely slow. Very, very slow.

The only good thing I can see from Lollipop and iOS8 is that the awful designs should be playing right into MS hands, as WP8 is definitely the one interface design that actually stands out as working quite well .... but then MS couldn't market anything.

I would honestly suggest that anyone with a 2012 N7 either waits for a 5.1 update (to address the performance issues), or just don't bother - it really doesn't improve the experience in the slightest.

Do you mean the browsing is slow ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How is it performing, and have you got the 2012 or 2013 version ?

Incidentally, I know lollipop isn't being rolled out to Nexus LTE devices yet. The wi fi ones are first.
    Forum Member
    2012, to be honest it updated late last night . i have`nt had much chance to use it yet. so far does`nt seem a lot of a difference
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing on my Nexus 7 2013.
    Forum Member
    It has really slowed down anything I try to do on chrome browser.... Not impressed !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has really slowed down anything I try to do on chrome browser.... Not impressed !!

You're the second person to say it has slowed things down.

Worrying.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Nothing on mine either. Guess I'll just have to wait :kitty:

How did you get it?
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »

LOL, and people moaned when I said I did not like the look of it.

You can't, you have to download Kitkat images and do it that way.

This is what I have been saying that everyone copies everyone else.

I hope it works out for you in the end.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got it on my Nexus 10 this morning. It seems to be running just as normal so far, no noticeable increase or decrease in performance.

I use the Google Now Launcher, but you can also switch back to the standard launcher which feels more like 'classic' Android. This may not be possible on the Nexus 5 and Nexus 9.