Scripted....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
Forum Member
I'm beginning to hate BB but STILL feel compelled to watch it. I think they are playing the public for this last series - twisting the whole ideas of perception, social experiments etc on the audience and proving that we will believe what we are led to believe. Too many actors in that house......
:D

Comments

• Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would appear that way.

Why dont BB understand that a natural house is always the best house!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which was how it started, a natural house with the GP watching people interact. Glad its finished
  • cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think also they just dont care this series, i think they know a lot of ex-HM's with no future paydays will blab about behind the scenes the minute the series is off air .. especially those who dont get onto Ultimate BB. People will be shocked i think, well the mainstream public at least.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which was how it started, a natural house with the GP watching people interact. Glad its finished

Hopefully another channel will take it back to its glory days :D
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a decade-long fan of BB, I really wish someone would publish a 'warts & all' book about BB, featuring interviews with one or two of the more popular ex-HM's from each series, giving true accounts of their BB experience right from the moment they first applied, what their audition process/lockdown involved, their time in the house - including any BB manipulation in the DR which may have occurred, but was never shown (or even recorded!) - and the quality of after-care (if any) provided by BB after they left the house.

I think not only would their accounts show us how the programme evolved from BB1 (ordinary members of Joe Public allegedly being randomly chosen from a phone book) into this final BB11 (which appears to have several 'I was approached and invited to audition' and/or wannabe actors in it than you'd find at your average stage school!), but it would also hopefully expose some of the manipulations exerted by BB producers over the years. I'd certainly be very interested to read such a book. Would anyone else? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    As a decade-long fan of BB, I really wish someone would publish a 'warts & all' book about BB, featuring interviews with one or two of the more popular ex-HM's from each series, giving true accounts of their BB experience right from the moment they first applied, what their audition process/lockdown involved, their time in the house - including any BB manipulation in the DR which may have occurred, but was never shown (or even recorded!) - and the quality of after-care (if any) provided by BB after they left the house.

If you haven't already read them I highly recommend that you read both Dean (BB2) and Narinder's (BB2) books. Deans is about his whole experience and Narinder's is about the experience of several different HMs.
    I think not only would their accounts show us how the programme evolved from BB1 (ordinary members of Joe Public allegedly being randomly chosen from a phone book)

I've never heard that before. :confused: Some of the HMs for the first series answered an advert that was in The Stage Magazine.
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks NightSwimmer, I wasn't aware Dean and Narinder have written books (I must admit I tend to kind of lose interest in ex HM's very quickly after each series). I'll look out for them anyway though and give them a read. Shame they were both written from the BB2 perspective though, as that (for me, anyway) was when it still appeared to be sticking to the original 'formula'. Mind you, although I like the way BB has evolved over the years, the past few series have increasingly had me wondering what really is going on behind the scenes, especially the year they didn't show the nominations being made in full. We were lucky if we saw one nomination from each HM, and we were then told who else they had nominated.

I can't remember where or when I heard the BB1 HM's were picked at random from a phone book, but that's the impression I was under and I've never heard about an advert in the Stage Magazine, but it does seem feasible. Come to think of it ~ wasn't the Spice Girls originally formed by answering an ad in that mag too?