MADNESS Live: Goodbye Television Centre BBC 4 Now

1235»

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a good sit down:D:D;)

I'm watching Gardeners World now :o To much excitement in one night is not good for me :D
  • ricardoyluciaricardoylucia Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was Fab-bloody-ulous.....loved every minute....now, this is what I call music...
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I suspect Madness will still be performing in 50 years time when New Broadcasting House closes.

They are the perfect act for those of us of a certain age. This makes up for them being left out of the Olympics ceremonies.

Ah you can't beat a bit of Madness, so many hits.......and jumping up and down are the only dance moves you'll ever need! AND they're timeless - my sons love them, but above all they always put on a great show......Liz's place made a great terrace! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    I wish this was in HD :(

It's been shown in HD tomorrow :-)

Top Band, nice to see them finally getting a bit of recognition that they truly deserve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I'm watching Gardeners World now :o To much excitement in one night is not good for me :D

:D:D:D:D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    daz2008 wrote: »
    It's been shown in HD tomorrow :-)

Top Band, nice to see them finally getting a bit of recognition that they truly deserve.
    Yes thanks, just seen that, set my timer.

Wish we could ditch the new BBC2 HD & just have BB4 HD instead. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Yes thanks, just seen that, set my timer.

Wish we could ditch the new BBC2 HD & just have BB4 HD instead. :(

I agree, BBC4 is one of the best channels ever.
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I loved this mob back in the day ...

http://youtu.be/F6fQnTyEniM

This was their best, but it's never played on the radio, unlike their other biggest hit :(. 1980 is probably my favourite year ever for music.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed them :cry: But sure I will find it somewhere to watch!!

Madness were my fav group even though I was a latecomer to their greatness, due to the fact when they were first popped on the scene, I was a bit too young to appreciate them! I was gonna marry the bass player you know? So ok he knew nothing about this, but in my teens and twenties I had plans for him.... :o:D

Love seeing them all old and wrinkly now, makes me feel old, but at least I know as a young 'un, I had excellent taste. Even their new stuff is as good as the old. OK gush over!
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    whos stupid idea was it for the concert to take place out of doors?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost missed it as I didn't know it was going to be on.

Great show.
    They played songs which I'd never heard before which were also good.
    Loved it.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    whos stupid idea was it for the concert to take place out of doors?

I think it was appropriate for them.
    Made the lyrics of 'The Sun and the Rain' more relevant and poignant.
    I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that! iPlayer still don't have it up grr :mad:
    Forum Member
    It's repeated tonight on BBC HD & tomorrow on BBC4
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    It's repeated tonight on BBC HD & tomorrow on BBC4

Struggling to understand why it wasnt live on BBCHD last night.

Great show, Madness are just one of the best bands ever and their new stuff is just as good as the old.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

Great show, Madness are just one of the best bands ever and their new stuff is just as good as the old.
    Agree. Never Knew Your Name is a beautiful, clever, heartbreaking song.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started to settle down to watch the Madness Concert and then the electricity went out because of the snow blizzards.
    Caught the first five minutes and then the last five minutes
    I was totally disgusted but enjoyed the banter between the guests that were on the show later especially John Cleese,
    Ronnie Corbett, Bruce Forsythe, Noel Edmonds talking about their experiences at BBC Television Centre. Again the end of another era
  • Mrs Cee JayMrs Cee Jay Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch it on iplayer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recorded it when it aired but why on earth didnt they play One Step Beyond? Had hoped they came back at the end to play it as their final song.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

Totally agree re this. I'm just catching up watching it now, even though it's 3 am. But it's so good to see them, awww happy memories!
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded it when it aired but why on earth didnt they play One Step Beyond? Had hoped they came back at the end to play it as their final song.

They did it was the first song they played. However it was shown on the One Show. Has it been restored to the show on Iplayer ?

On a Sadder note, Wilko Johnson has had to cancel his final two shows due to his health. So that means his performance with Madness that night was his last public performance.:(

He's still trying to complete a new album. I hope he has enough time left to do this.
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    They did it was the first song they played. However it was shown on the One Show. Has it been restored to the show on Iplayer ?

It was shown on the BBC HD repeat, & is on iPlayer here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rgr1j/hd/Madness_Live_Goodbye_Television_Centre/
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great concert - never appreciated them when I was younger, strangely really enjoy them now!

Their recent albums have been excellent - Oui Oui Sa Sa Ja Ja Da Da, Liberty Of Norton Folgate, Dangermen Sessions - add those to a best of (like Divine Madness or a.n. other) and you have perfection!
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »

On a Sadder note, Wilko Johnson has had to cancel his final two shows due to his health. So that means his performance with Madness that night was his last public performance.:(

He's still trying to complete a new album. I hope he has enough time left to do this.

I'm really sorry to hear that Wilko Johnson has had to cancel the last two shows of his final tour due to his health. Full marks go to Suggs and his friends for having Wilko on their TVC show on Friday. Every one of them is a true gentleman! If this should sadly prove to be Wilko Johnson's last public performance then I think it can be said it was definitely a very memorable one!

Don't know why they bothered with that rapper, though. Thought his appearance was completely unnecessary, and the BBC also found it necessary to show an apology for the use of strong language (before the watershead) during his appearance. He might have been swearing but I couldn't hear what he was saying, anyway. I honestly think the show would have been better without him. Suggs wasn't swearing, why was it necessary for the rapper to do so?

Same record company as Madness, perhaps, or brought on to please some of the younger viewers?