Options

The ''What was your most rubbish present'' thread.

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    A re-usable Tesco carrier bag. Thankfully I got loads of good stuff, that was just a bizarre stocking filler.

Same here except the one I got was from Morrisons and it had Ant and Dec on it :p It was only a joke present though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A garish cheap red toaster and kettle set, the kind of thing marketed for students on a tight budget.

Nice thought, and I don't like to sound ungrateful, but we already have a very nice matching chrome toaster and kettle of much higher quality which matches all the other kitchen items and kitchen colour scheme (the person knew this).

So my wife now feels obliged to put away her much-loved kettle and toaster for these new things!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Last night I opened a present from my aunty it was an erotic book, she told me she's going to build me an erotic book library. That was quite odd.

WHAAAAAAA!?

What did you say?
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got no crap presents this year at all. My husband managed to get mine spot on for once, which only took 26 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biawhiska wrote: »
    I love getting socks too. Infact, I only got 1 pair this year so a bit peeved :cool:

I don't think I have bought socks for myself - ever!

My only source of sock - the MIL - died last year so I got none this year.

This is going to be a problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to say it but my wife is a bit of a mug when it comes to gifts.

She has a friend who has a daughter in her late teens. Both stipulate exactly what they want - nice clothes, jewelry, trendy perfume, and so on.

Every Christmas without fail my wife gets stuff these people obviously received as gifts previously they didn't want. For example clothes. Not TOO bad you might think, but my wife is several sizes bigger than her friend. Or a necklace, if worn, would asphyxiate her. Or sweets so far past their use by date they are toxic.
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a face cloth.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a face cloth.

That would wipe the smile off my face
  • Options
    whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Same here except the one I got was from Morrisons and it had Ant and Dec on it :p It was only a joke present though.

Awww! Yours is better than mine. Gutted!:D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Awww! Yours is better than mine. Gutted!:D

Why??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i have just remembered i have a crap present..a pair of hand warmers off this work colleague on our works secret Santa's do :D( someone mentioned i had hers lol)
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A diamond encrusted Rolex. Ugh, I have four as it is already.>:(
    So ostentatious - how you must have recoiled at such vulgarity; such lack of class.:o
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Positive Thinking CD and a Videogame that I have no interest in playing.
  • Options
    whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Why??

Mine is just a red Christmas bag, no Ant or Dec on it >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    A Positive Thinking CD and a Videogame that I have no interest in playing.

Was it by Morecambe and Wise? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i have just remembered i have a crap present..a pair of hand warmers off this work colleague on our works secret Santa's do :D( someone mentioned i had hers lol)

and i not opened them as they can go for someone else in next year's work do, or someone else can have them wrapped as a gift lol
  • Options
    jasonjimbobjasonjimbob Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    My ex father-in-law (who is in his eighties) is legendary for his absolutely bizarre Christmas gifts and he didn't disappoint this year.

He bought my 18-year-old daughter a men's Lynx Africa gift set and got my ex wife the Lynx Apollo equivalent.

I can't wait to find out what he got my eldest son when I see him tomorrow. :D

I cannot fault him for imagination, :D
  • Options
    jasonjimbobjasonjimbob Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was about 9 my mum asked me what I wanted and I asked for a snooker table and balls, she got me what I wanted but the table fitted in the palm of my hand (yes it was that size) and the balls looked like painted ball bearings in various colours, needless to say I lost the balls in minutes
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »

That is awful, id have hidden that in a cupboard regardless of how much it cost.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason, a couple of my mums friends, who I have never met buy presents for my daughter each year and they are inevitably awful.
    Each year I say to my mum 'please can you ask these women to stop buying her things' but my mum reckons that would be rude so these women keep wasting their money buying unsuitable gifts for a child they don't know
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    A second-hand book of wheelchair-accessible walks in Cornwall.
    I last went to Cornwall 14 years ago.
    And I'm a fit and healthy, bi-pedal, 34-year old.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    A second-hand book of wheelchair-accessible walks in Cornwall.
    I last went to Cornwall 14 years ago.
    And I'm a fit and healthy, bi-pedal, 34-year old.
    I think we've got a winner :D
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    For some reason, a couple of my mums friends, who I have never met buy presents for my daughter each year and they are inevitably awful.
    Each year I say to my mum 'please can you ask these women to stop buying her things' but my mum reckons that would be rude so these women keep wasting their money buying unsuitable gifts for a child they don't know

Ooh we need examples! :D

I think its worse when youve asked for nothing. My boyfriend used to get shaving kits every xmas from my nan despite us telling her that he didnt shave!
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

My 3 year old nephew received a resin "Golliwogs and Pencils" ornament from a family friend who has never met him.

He'll now grow up to be mildly racist.