[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    yes Kirstie Allsop would be superb choice
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Don't think Mel B would be allowed to do it, she came 2nd on DWTS dancing with Maks. She's was pretty good too. ;-)

She was brilliant, I still think she woz robbed!
    I would REALLY love for a Rugby League star again ala Martin Offiah but with our season not finishing until October I guess it would have to be a retired player. Sean Long or Robbie Hunter-Paul might be good shouts for it though (Would secretly love Sir Kevin Sinfield to do it, but not until after he retired)

Oh yes, I'd love to see any of them (but definitely not Sir Kev just yet, let's try and actually win the League first before he retires). I'd love to see Garry Schofield, he'd be hilarious, or Jason Robinson, shame they lost Ellery Hanley to Dancing on Ice, Andy Farrell or Denis Betts, Jamie Lowes, Joe Lydon, Alan Tait, Paul Wellens, there's so many I'd love to see on Strictly :)
  • Options
    yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca Adlington seems to be doing the rality show circuit, already been on I'm a Celeb and Come Dine With Me, so Strictly could be next.
  • Options
    Emma2121Emma2121 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    What about Gareth Malone (Choir BBC programme)??
  • Options
    Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I would like lucy out of eastenders the actress who plays her now.
    I would like hannah tointon
    Martinez mccutchen
    Holly willoughby
    Emma willis
    Jacqueline jossa
    David witts
    I would like to see Scott maslen but he has already been on so we need a new eastenders male on. So I quess David witts would be good to be on.
    I would also like to see Lacey turner I am huge fan of hers I even share her birthday but I would like her to stay on eastenders.
    A lot of eastenders girls have already been on natalie Cassidy, Louisa Lytton, kara, letitia dean, Jill halfpenny.jessie Wallace.
    maybe we could get the person who plays poppy as she is leaving.
  • Options
    Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering Steve Redgrave has put himself forward for a C4 reality Winter Olympics show (they learn to ski and whatnot), I doubt he'd be unwilling to do Strictly in the future.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Jenna Coleman would be great but suspect her schedule will be very full what with the new doctor who and will she be doing more stuff like "Death comes to pembery"

Anna Maxwell Martin would be another one I'd like to add to the list
  • Options
    sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that if SCD gets a new host next year then the BBC will get some big names in to keep the interest while a new host beds in.

I believe Thierry Henry is doing the world cup for the BBC next year and I could see him being offered it.

Also Nigella, depending on how things go.
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a random choice, but I could see Mat Horne turning up on Strictly some year - since him & James Corden parted ways after their comedy show they did together he hasn't really been seen much (and it would start up the campaign again for Gavin & Stacey to come back!)
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rifleman wrote: »
    Jenna Coleman would be great but suspect her schedule will be very full what with the new doctor who and will she be doing more stuff like "Death comes to pembery"

Anna Maxwell Martin would be another one I'd like to add to the list

If there's any Doctor Who stars then my money is on Freema Agyeman...
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Natalie Anderson from Emmerdale has said she wants to do it.
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Natalie Anderson from Emmerdale has said she wants to do it.

Wouldn't mind her doing it. other possibilities?
    Nigella Lawson
    Someone from the Saturdays
    Someone from JLS (HOPE NOT THOUGH)
    Rufus Hound...or another comedian or two. WE need more comedy in the early weeks.
    But please....not ALEX CURRAN! Been there, done that....
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Michelle Keegan leaves Corrie next year so she may be offered, whoever leaves Easties will be offered and someone from Hollyoaks or Emmerdale may be offered - some good former dancers on Hollyoaks
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robbleona wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind her doing it. other possibilities?
    Nigella Lawson
    Someone from the Saturdays
    Someone from JLS (HOPE NOT THOUGH)
    Rufus Hound...or another comedian or two. WE need more comedy in the early weeks.
    But please....not ALEX CURRAN! Been there, done that....

can see them going for another wag though not Alex or Colleen but what about Sheree Murphy?(ex Emmerdale) :))
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    can see them going for another wag though not Alex or Colleen but what about Sheree Murphy?(ex Emmerdale) :))

Sheree's not a bad idea and at least she was a well known tv personality/actress before she became a WAG ;-)

I think I read she lives some of the time in Australia though so not sure if it's possible for her to do strictly.

I'm not that excited about which 'celebs' could take part next series tbh. I've learnt after this series not to raise my expectations.
  • Options
    Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I like natalie Anderson I would only want her partnered with artem unless anyone from eastenders went on then I'd want them partnered with artem. I think he always gets the soap star to dance with. Also natalie is married so no rumours would be surfacing. I don't care that he has already danced with a natalie. If Lacey turner went on I would want artem to dance with her.

Artem is my favourite pro.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Nicola123 wrote: »
    Artem is my favourite pro.

I think that this sentence is surplus...
  • Options
    strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes please to Nicola Adams! But please not Tim Henman he is so boring. Zac Purchase could also be interesting.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    Well Michelle Keegan leaves Corrie next year so she may be offered, whoever leaves Easties will be offered and someone from Hollyoaks or Emmerdale may be offered - some good former dancers on Hollyoaks

Agree Michelle Keegan may be offered to chance to appear. I seem to recall reading a year or two ago, that she had been offered the chance but Corrie would not release her. Will be free to do so now.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Michelle Keegan - Former Corrie Actor
    Michael Owen - Retired Footballer
    Mel B - Spice Girl
    Matt LeBlanc - Friends Actor
    Ruth Langsford - This Morning Co Host
    Gregg Wallace - Masterchef Judge
    Anne Robinson - Weakest Link Host
    Ortise Williams - JLS Member
    Laurie Brett - Waterloo Road Actor
    Noel Edmunds - Deal Or No Deal Host
    Alexandra Burke - X Factor Winner
    Reggie Yates - Former Radio 1 DJ

But Mel B already did the American version DWTS and was a runner up (she wuzzzzzzz robbed >:()
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please not Alexandra Burke - i cannot abide her! I wonder if Rebecca Addlington who asked to do it this year but wasnt successful might get chance next year. Watched her in the jungle - a girl with alot of issues i feel!

There has been a bit of speculation that Janet Ellis (Sophies mum -ex blue peter) might do it - perhaps next year would be too soon after Sophie?

Oh please , not Janet. I don't want to see her crying every week :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    If there's any Doctor Who stars then my money is on Freema Agyeman...

I would love to see her on the show :)
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Emma2121 wrote: »
    What about Gareth Malone (Choir BBC programme)??

He's on my wish list every year, along with Prof Brian Cox.

Cant see either of them ever doing it:(

I live in hope they might do a Christmas show though
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes! It seems only about 3 months since we were speculating about this year's contestants...Hang on, it is only 3 months!! :o:o

Well, since you're asking, I'm still rooting for Simon Reeve. Yes, I'm loyal to my beloved, aren't I?! However, I also have a new love - Patrick Grant - he of the soft, soulful, gooey eyes. I'd be happy with either. :D:D
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would personally Like to see the following:
    Jonny Irwin
    Teddy sheringham
    Jason Robinson
    Allan smith
    :)