Advice on Algarve Portugal

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
Forum Member
Hello people!
Me and my friends have booked a 10 night stay in Algarve, Portugal towards the end of June. We have a booked a hotel called 'Agua Marinah' which is in Albufeira somewhere lol. We've gone for a relaxing holiday, but we would like to know a bit about the area. There's the albuefiera strip, but I would be interested to know the distance it is from the hotel. You know just the main things about the areas. I'm looking forward to the trip away, as it will be during World Cup season too! Yay! Lol.
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• StinkerbellStinkerbell Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    I think your hotel may be in Olhos D'Agua, which is right on the outskirts of Albufeira, it's a separate resort and I think it's about a 15 minute drive to central Albufeita. I've been to Albufeira lots, but never to Olhos D'Agua so sorry I can't help much. Albufeira itself is fabulous, the main town square and surrounding streets are very picturesque and quite lively at night! The strip looks a bit run down during the day but I have never visited at night.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think your hotel may be in Olhos D'Agua, which is right on the outskirts of Albufeira, it's a separate resort and I think it's about a 15 minute drive to central Albufeita. I've been to Albufeira lots, but never to Olhos D'Agua so sorry I can't help much. Albufeira itself is fabulous, the main town square and surrounding streets are very picturesque and quite lively at night! The strip looks a bit run down during the day but I have never visited at night.

Im off to albufeira in june for a few nights. Can you recommend any nice restaurants? I think the old town sounds more my thing than the strip!!
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just go there and enjoy - we have spent time there and the walking around and exploring is part of the fun during the day along with checking out menus, restaurants, bars, etc.

Albufeira is full of lots of good eating and drinking places. Have loved all our hols. in the Algarve.

Going to Ibizza this year though! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Thanks 'Stinkerbell' haha.
    How's the beaches there, what's the best one to go to?
    Is there rentals for Quad Bikes you reckon?
    Mate il see you there in June somewhere lol
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been to albufeira twice, don't know where your hotel is sorry. The strip and the old town are a mile or two apart but there is a bus that looks like a train which goes in a constant cycle
    Back and forth it's a few euros for one trip or a bit more for a day pass.

The old town is very nice, the strip is what it is. I wasn't there for that it doesn't sound like you are either. The beach at the strip end is nice though

I went on a quad bike day, through the countryside. Brilliant

Edit - your hotel is some way out of the main town
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll be the one with a cocktail and a smile on my face. Roll on June, cant wait. Enjoy :D
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Old Town of Albufeira is great with a lot of good bars and restaurants and a mixed crowd of people of all ages. The Strip is pure Club 18-30 land and is best avoided unless you want that kind of thing.
    Forum Member
    Lol it would be nice to experience what I can there.
    Is there anyway to travel from algarve to Madeira, not by plane
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol it would be nice to experience what I can there.
    Is there anyway to travel from algarve to Madeira, not by plane

Yep you can swim or hire a pedalo, approx. 600 miles of open ocean.

I think the ferry services stopped some time back, due to high operating costs. The only real alternative is to fly there I'm afraid.
    Forum Member
    Lol I'm going to be in the ocean for days !!