X Factor 2014 - The Official Bootcamp Thread :)

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might just as well scrap the celeb judges then, and have a panel of porducers. The show is a shambles.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relevant to the "fix" allegations is the recent Teen Twitter Turmoil regarding the Teen Choice Awards in the US (look it up). In a nutshell, the winners of a category are not purely chosen by vote, but are chosen from the top 4 (or something) of the said category. It's in the fine print so it's legal but some teens got prissy about it.

It's nothing new and it runs in the best interests of those who cough up the money.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grof_Griff wrote: »
    I may be being a bit naive, but I'm not sure we should rush to conclusions with all these "fix" accusations.

At the end of the day, the judge has got a fixed contract and so they can pick who they want, whether the producers like it or not - they're set for a whole series, so they shouldn't be pushed around, I'm sure Simon isn't.

The producers go and talk to the judges during the show anyway, this happens during live shows, and it happened during arena auditions. At the end of a day it is a show and the producers' could be saying other stuff, or indeed just hinting to change their minds, maybe - but, still, they aren't forcefully scripting the judges to do this.

We all know the producers hand-pick some acts, and allow acts with existing management in, but this is only very recent and in the beginning it wasn't this way at all. When someone was found to even have management they had to withdraw! It's claims that the show is fixed which put people off applying, meaning they have had to do this more recently.

It may be a complete fix. Or maybe partially. Or maybe not at all. None of us can know, unless we're involved in the show's production. :)

Having said this, I do agree Steph being there is simply not fair, why can't Simon sign her solo, she's already done this on a sister show. I don't think the public will receieve this well, and this will make the show look bad.

Eddy, as you were there for most sessions, would you say the talent you saw is of a higher, equal or lower calibre than recent years?

But it was the same a few years back lois wanted to send rylan home but a producer told him to change his mind and carolynne went home instead
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Cheryl for sending home Lydia she annoyed me But hate Mel B for sending through Jake
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here is a clip of overload from yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5LFnJ_DWA They still only give groups 1 seat
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overload are good louis is a idiot for not letting them in
  • Rye_Alexander1Rye_Alexander1 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Overload are good louis is a idiot for not letting them
  • mgiudamgiuda Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Savannah O Reilly in the top 6 gis category?
    Forum Member
    Who is the jazz singer
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the jazz singer

Id assume that is either Lizzy Pattinson in the overs or Chloe Jasmine in the girls, they have quite jazzy/bluesy voices
    Forum Member
    I don't get how chole jasmine is an novltey act she sings in tune
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddy, as you were there for most sessions, would you say the talent you saw is of a higher, equal or lower calibre than recent years?

Honestly, I am not exaggerating when I say this - The talent is really fantastic and miles better than last year. I was lucky enough to go the filming of the show last year too, so I've been able to make some good comparisons between all the live performances. I know we hear the same old cliches year after year, but each category genuinely has a potential winner. There's two groups who will go far, three boys who are great, and one particular over who I think could win. I didn't get to see the girls, but with Steph in that category, there's your potential winner :cool:

Hugely excited for this series, as I feel both the judges and the talent are on point. It's going to be a good series.
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    That's great news, I'm excited too, just think they need to speed up the promotion maybe e.g. glam shots, make the launch day very obvious, alternative teaser trailers :)

Apparently they are going to do all the Room auditions and then all the arena auditions, unlike last year :)

I only managed to go to the first arena audition session. In the end I DID get Bootcamp tickets for what turned out to be the Girls category, but at 9pm at night (I thought they said 4 days before at the most :confused:) it was too late notice :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Fixed based on Twitter which suggests that Rain was swapped out and says it's a five piece girlband who got through not a boyband

Rain was out, a 34 woman called Helen was the last person to sing before the sing off with lizzie/rain. She was probably the best one of the night and made Mel B cry lol. Like i said i was there on Saturday and the final 6 was,
    Top 6 Overs
    1. Fleur East
    2. JJ Jay James
    3. Ben Haenow
    4. Lizzy Pattinson
    5. Stevie Rochie
    6. Helen

I do have some photos of the final six i took after it all finished.
  • RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smallios wrote: »
    Rain was out, a 34 woman called Helen was the last person to sing before the sing off with lizzie/rain. She was probably the best one of the night and made Mel B cry lol. Like i said i was there on Saturday and the final 6 was,
    Top 6 Overs
    1. Fleur East
    2. JJ Jay James
    3. Ben Haenow
    4. Lizzy Pattinson
    5. Stevie Rochie
    6. Helen

OOO send one please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    That's great news, I'm excited too, just think they need to speed up the promotion maybe e.g. glam shots, make the launch day very obvious, alternative teaser trailers :)

Apparently they are going to do all the Room auditions and then all the arena auditions, unlike last year :)

I only managed to go to the first arena audition session. In the end I DID get Bootcamp tickets for what turned out to be the Girls category, but at 9pm at night (I thought they said 4 days before at the most :confused:) it was too late notice :(

Yeah I've heard that too. It does seem likely :)
    Forum Member
    In this video clip there is a young girl she is black did she get to judges homes? http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/191998-x-factor-2014-first-look-watch-cheryl-cole-cry-at-auditions.html
  • Xfactor_VoiceGuXfactor_VoiceGu Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know whether Amelia O'connell got through in a group or either solo? I seen her and 6 other girls in a group photo and I thought surely they can't be doing a 7 piece girl group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVwjHyi9q8

A video of her on the voice, hopefully you's will recognize her.
    I will be extremely upset if she doesn't get through as I bought her album and her voice is extremely incredible. Her voice isn't as strong as Leona's but her range actually is as big (maybe bigger, idk. I've not measured it)

:p
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen (the final over) is Helen Fulthorpe.
    She sand God Bless the Child at her room audition and is in the top 6.
    Rachel Rabin aka Rain is unfortunately not through despite being v successful and controversial (an ideal contestant surely)?
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM mentioned that Harry S. cousin is one of the lads that will be in the final
    Reminds me of BGT and one of the lads(the 2 boys) brother is in a famous pop group but can not recall the name of the group but they were guests on BGT.
    Maybe ID will also be guest artists on X Factor
  • Directioner_HazDirectioner_Haz Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    FM mentioned that Harry S. cousin is one of the lads that will be in the final
    Reminds me of BGT and one of the lads(the 2 boys) brother is in a famous pop group but can not recall the name of the group but they were guests on BGT.
    Maybe ID will also be guest artists on X Factor

They probably are because they release album 4 in November
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smallios wrote: »
    Top 6 Overs
    1. Fleur East
    2. JJ Jay James
    3. Ben Haenow
    4. Lizzy Pattinson
    5. Stevie Rochie
    6. Helen

Could you please post pictures here ? Thank you in advance :)
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did kisela berice make it?
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did kisela berice make it?

I don't think so based on spoiler we got so far ..

Top 6 Girls
    1. Steph Nala (Luminites from BGT)
    2. Lola
    3. Chloe-Jasmine (The Face contestant & novelty act)
    4. Chloe O Gorman (Returnee)
    5. Emily Middlemas (TeenStar 2014 Winner)
    6. Lauren Platt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    In this video clip there is a young girl she is black did she get to judges homes? http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/191998-x-factor-2014-first-look-watch-cheryl-cole-cry-at-auditions.html

I was at the judges room auditions.

All three people featured in that clips are Monica, Kisela Berice and a novelty act. All three made it through to bootcamp but none made judges houses.

Monica sang her own song (about her 6 year old daughter) which is what made Cheryl cry. She then sang Don't Let Go by En Vogue at the arena auditions.