Options

Which kind of neighbour would you prefer if you had to choose

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,274
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A nosy neighbour

A noisy neighbour

or a nose in the air, unfriendly neighbour?

Comments

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last
  • Options
    Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    The last one.
  • Options
    TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A nosy neighbour

A noisy neighbour

or a nose in the air, unfriendly neighbour?

I'd prefer all three, keep things interesting.
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    one i never see or hear.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last one. A nosy neighbour would come in handy if I ever lived on my own and died in the house though.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Last one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last one. A nosy neighbour would come in handy if I ever lived on my own and died in the house though.

Actually nosy neighbors are also good for defending your property whilst you are away. They will normally (In my experience) have a full report on what "those bloody kids were up to" (normally, loitering or otherwise not actually doing anything) and how they valiantly chased them away for you.

Problem with that is you have to be ever so grateful. So it has positives and negatives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one's going to say 'noisy' or 'nosy' are they?

You should have had 'friendly but not too friendly' as an option.

I'd still have picked the 'nose in the air unfriendly' option, but others might want the choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    Actually nosy neighbors are also good for defending your property whilst you are away. They will normally (In my experience) have a full report on what "those bloody kids were up to" (normally, loitering or otherwise not actually doing anything) and how they valiantly chased them away for you.

Problem with that is you have to be ever so grateful. So it has positives and negatives.

I used to have a nosy neighbour where I used to live. He was quite lovely really, just had a bit too much time on his hands.

I think I've changed my mind. I'd rather a nosy neighbour than an unfriendly one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've changed my mind. I'd rather a nosy neighbour than an unfriendly one.

I think I have too actually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the above. A hermit preferably, who doesn't drive. (More space for me). ;)
  • Options
    himerushimerus Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer a friendly neighbour.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last one. In fact, I've got that at the moment which suits me just fine, considering the previous neighbours were an absolute nightmare.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosy is pretty helpful! You won't be burgled while you're out. Nosy doesn't have to mean unfriendly or unpleasant, get a nosy neighbour on your side and they'll keep an eye out every minute of the day, especially if they're housebound and nosy.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    nosy
    least they can look out for your stuff and be friendly maybe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Nosy is pretty helpful! You won't be burgled while you're out. Nosy doesn't have to mean unfriendly or unpleasant, get a nosy neighbour on your side and they'll keep an eye out every minute of the day, especially if they're housebound and nosy.

Nosy people tend to be friendly as well, especially to your face. They have to be, to be able to get all that juicy gossip :D
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfriendly. I prefer the quiet life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    None of the above. I'd prefer a couple of hot bisexual 19 year old girls, with low morals and a liking for a threesome with a balding idiot. That'll do me. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone, apart from the self important, arrogant, thicko squire I have at the moment
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    A noisy one. I'm stuck living next door to a right pair of miserable ***** atm, nowt better to do with their sad lives but complain to the council about me. Sigh......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One that is never home just now

I seem to get annoying, nasty, unfriendly noisy ones who stay home a lot:(

My ideal would be cordial, polite and considerate - who would talk to you and would help out if needed and you reciprocate. You still have your own lives and they don't intertwine too much. If either of you have a party, you invite each other.

My last neighbour wasn't annoying and said hi if we saw each other.

it is dangerous to get too friendly with neighbours, if you fall out, it is very uncomfortable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A noisy one. I'm stuck living next door to a right pair of miserable ***** atm, nowt better to do with their sad lives but complain to the council about me. Sigh......

If they are anything like the one that lives next to me Puzzler, they will have a glass to the wall trying to hear noise, just so they can complain and threaten to beat my OH up..

We are not even loud, we even get shouted at for laughing. It is of course different when he has BBQs until 2am, keeping the whole street awake!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are anything like the one that lives next to me Puzzler, they will have a glass to the wall trying to hear noise, just so they can complain and threaten to beat my OH up..

We are not even loud, we even get shouted at for laughing. It is of course different when he has BBQs until 2am, keeping the whole street awake!

that annoys me when they complain and even more noisy themselves - goes hand in hand:mad:
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nosy neighbour would be pretty good for security purposes I suppose.
  • Options
    Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have nosy neighbours- we'd got on so well!