Heather Frost aka 'Dole Queen' and family goes into hiding

barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
Forum Member
http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2013-02-19/anger-over-mansion-for-mum/ - due to death threats and malicious phone calls.

Well done all, mission accomplished! :rolleyes:

Comments

• StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2013-02-19/anger-over-mansion-for-mum/ - due to death threats and malicious phone calls.

Who is this "all" you're referring to? If you have any information I suggest you forward it to the police.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    With a hairstyle that bright red and a family that big it surely won't be long before they are discovered. The story almost makes them sound like the von Trapp family in the sound of music - perhaps the nuns have taken them in and will sabotage the Sun journalists cars so that they can escape across the border into the safety of Wales?:D
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Cool, if you were a single mum looking after 11 children I'm sure you'd find the time to work too right? The kids are here now, nothing you can do about it - the fact people are envious of the life that this woman has had is proof they are thick as s**t.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Cool, if you were a single mum looking after 11 children I'm sure you'd find the time to work too right? The kids are here now, nothing you can do about it - the fact people are envious of the life that this woman has had is proof they are thick as s**t.

Yes - but perhaps we could design a benefit system that discourages lone parents from having 11 kids secure in the knowledge the state will house/feed/clothe them for life!

Cos if you think this is all so wonderful - you pay for it and we can vote to have our taxes spent on the frail elderly and disabled who didn't but themselves in their predicament by choice!!
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest it is whoever it was that reported it to the newspaper in the first place that are most to blame.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Yes - but perhaps we could design a benefit system that discourages lone parents from having 11 kids secure in the knowledge the state will house/feed/clothe them for life!

Cos if you think this is all so wonderful - you pay for it and we can vote to have our taxes spent on the frail elderly and disabled who didn't but themselves in their predicament by choice!!

But its not as if there are loads of people going down this route. This is a rather extreme example of someone on benefits that the gutter press have jumped on because it fits their 'scroungers' narrative. They've picked an easy target, whipped up an outrage and now 11 children are unable to stay in their home through no fault of their own. This is shameful.
    Forum Member

This is just an extreme example, something you'd find on Record Breakers..

The original two houses that she was living in will now be provided for two people/families, and when her kids grow up and move out the new house will be downsized for another person or family to move into the new separated home, good money saver for the taxpayer, we have a welfare state, like it or not, and thats how you use it, why should the kids suffer for it too, its not their fault is it?

And Child Benefit benefit stops at 16 years of age unless special needs/disabled, the current reform will probably make sure of that.
  • geordiejackiegeordiejackie Posts: 3,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    But its not as if there are loads of people going down this route. This is a rather extreme example of someone on benefits that the gutter press have jumped on because it fits their 'scroungers' narrative. They've picked an easy target, whipped up an outrage and now 11 children are unable to stay in their home through no fault of their own. This is shameful.

Well said

Regards Jack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    I've seen people in the supermarket buying a trolley full of baby food - on several occasions. I've not surveyed it, but I'm not sure it's an anomaly either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So what would you do when the Catholics cry religious persecution?
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just an extreme example, something you'd find on Record Breakers..

The original two houses that she was living in will now be provided for two people/families, and when her kids grow up and move out the new house will be downsized for another person or family to move into the new separated home, good money saver for the taxpayer, we have a welfare state, like it or not, and thats how you use it, why should the kids suffer for it too, its not their fault is it?

And Child Benefit benefit stops at 16 years of age unless special needs/disabled, the current reform will probably make sure of that.

so your perfectly happy to have another lot of kids brought up in the belief that there's no need to contribute to society

personally I see that as just as detrimental to children's well-being as the possibility of suffering a little hardship

how can you expect children to value the notion of personal responsibility and self worth
    when everything in their upbringing teaches them otherwise
    Forum Member
    bspace wrote: »
    so your perfectly happy to have another lot of kids brought up in the belief that there's no need to contribute to society

personally I see that as just as detrimental to children's well-being as the possibility of suffering a little hardship

how can you expect children to value the notion of personal responsibility and self worth

How do you know thats how they've been brought up? You don't know them do you?
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you recommend is done for those children then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But without support it wouldn't be a little hardship, it would be quite alot. Chances are all they would learn then is how to beg and steal to survive. In what way would that benefit society?
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    For all those who say,but what about the poor kids I say there is no way this feckless irresponsible woman would have had 11 kids if child benefit stopped at 2 or 3 children.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ahem, I for one are not one of the baying Tory mob, who seem to think that the unemployed and disabled are as the Christians were to the Romans there for their sport and entertainment as they fed them to the lions.

Many Tory contributors on here need to take a look at themselves.
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's managed to go "into hiding" then does she really need this house? Sounds like she's already found somewhere else to live pretty quick! ;)
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone with any shred of intelligence knew that this was going to happen once the Right Wing press had whipped up their hysterical chimps into a frenzy.

People won't be happy until this woman and her family are all dead, just because she had the audacity to claim benefits, some benefits, such as Housing Benefit which was introduced by the Tories and Thatcher in the 80's I might add.

This is going to cost the tax-payer even more now, well done all who hounded this woman and her family.

The hysterical Right Wing masses strike again and needless to say it's clear now that the Tories demonisation of benefit claimants and the disabled is working.

And before anyone starts, yes I do find this woman and her excessive breeding repugnant, it's bordering on child abuse, and that child benefits should be capped at 2 kids max and capped at families earning £30k.

Interesting to note too, that the media are still insisting it's the council building her the home, from the article:
    The council has been criticised for building a six-bedroom house for Heather Frost
    it was revealed that Tewkesbury Council is building a new home for her family.

But yet the council are not building it, it's the Housing Association who bought the land that is building it. So why do the media keep saying the council are building it unless they are deliberately trying to provide misinformation to the public?

Reminds me of "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this story legitimate, or simply a con job ?

A few weeks ago, one of the red tops featured (I think) someone professing to be a Lithuanian Woman, who came to the UK, and was living the life of luxury on benefits.

BUT... it turned out that she was an actress, and paid by the Red Top to play this charade.

In the meantime, you have the utterly hapless George Iain Duncan Smith, introducing policies which are either illegal or systems which do not work, where in the case of Universal Credit (due to go live on April 1st 2013), a Troubleshooter from the Major Projects Authority has had to be seconded to the DWP to get to grips with Universal Credit. And, in the case of a key system,, Universal Job Match, which was introduced on Nov 19 2012, the system does not work. A flaw in the system may result in candidates being matched to vacancies which, when applications have to be made through an external website, may have been withdrawn.

Of course... the Work Programme cost about £3Bn, and recent accredited figures suggest that only 2.5% of candidates assigned found sustainable employment, and Universal Credit cost a modest £16.5Million.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Anyone with any shred of intelligence knew that this was going to happen once the Right Wing press had whipped up their hysterical chimps into a frenzy.

People won't be happy until this woman and her family are all dead, just because she had the audacity to claim benefits, some benefits, such as Housing Benefit which was introduced by the Tories and Thatcher in the 80's I might add.

This is going to cost the tax-payer even more now, well done all who hounded this woman and her family.

The hysterical Right Wing masses strike again and needless to say it's clear now that the Tories demonisation of benefit claimants and the disabled is working.

And before anyone starts, yes I do find this woman and her excessive breeding repugnant, it's bordering on child abuse, and that child benefits should be capped at 2 kids max and capped at families earning £30k.

Interesting to note too, that the media are still insisting it's the council building her the home, from the article:

But yet the council are not building it, it's the Housing Association who bought the land that is building it. So why do the media keep saying the council are building it unless they are deliberately trying to provide misinformation to the public?

Reminds me of "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it".

I can't believe that you really think people want her dead
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I can't believe that you really think people want her dead

Yes, it was a very silly and immature thing for tysonstorm to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The level of intelligence, not to mention compassion, amongst some in this country is worrying to say the least. Some folk seem to lap up these stories in the media, pontificate upon high about how wrong they are then vilify them for being victims of government policies. I dread to think how any children they have are being brought up. Children don't see colour, disability, illness, they interact and play happily with whoever they are around. To have that replaced by hate, scorn, racism or xenophobia learnt from their parents is a tragedy. The government and media have an awful lot to answer for...
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's like a mantra for the modern west (maybe just the UK)

aaahhh, the poor little kiddies ...

----
    part of the trouble is the industries full of do-gooders creaming millions in support services on the back of these "people in need".

The poverty industry is alive and well
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    For all those who say,but what about the poor kids I say there is no way this feckless irresponsible woman would have had 11 kids if child benefit stopped at 2 or 3 children.

And what? The situation is what it is so blathering on about whether she would have had 11 children if the child benefit rules are different isn't going to do anything for anyone. People can still feel sorry for the children without necessarily sympathising with the mother but your inference here is that we shouldn't care about the children because most of them shouldn't exist. How callous.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well why don't you and others that agree with you support this woman financially? I don't see why the rest of us should! :mad: