Options

Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Apparently Ozzy, Tony and Geezer all took 30% for the new album whilst Bill got offered 10% but refused

Any sources for this?

This?
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169953
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point of listening to any other heavy metal band except Smashing Pumpkins? The music is intelligent, has great lyrics, is heavier than anything else on the planet, and has great melodies. Anything else is mere child's play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    What's the point of listening to any other heavy metal band except Smashing Pumpkins? The music is intelligent, has great lyrics, is heavier than anything else on the planet, and has great melodies. Anything else is mere child's play.

It would be a boring old world if we all had the same tastes though, wouldn't it? :)
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a new trailer for Wacken.

I need to go next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    There's a new trailer for Wacken.

I need to go next year.

Won't they be releasing day tickets for this year once they've firmed up the running order?
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, apart from the fact I wouldn't really categorize the Pumpkins as metal, try listerning to Pantera, Tool or Mastodon for a slightly different take on things.

Smashing Pumpkins were fantastic though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Black Sabbath's new tune God Is Dead? is back up on the Official Sabbath youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfUimq2KeI

Almost nine minutes long but still not long enough! Can't wait for the album!
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Black Sabbath's new tune God Is Dead? is back up on the Official Sabbath youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfUimq2KeI

Almost nine minutes long but still not long enough! Can't wait for the album!

It's a sensational track - and the listening party comments all seemed to suggest it was one of the weaker ones on the album :eek:

How does Tony Iommi keep coming up with such bone-crunchingly brutal riffs after 40 years in the business? Such an immense talent.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't they be releasing day tickets for this year once they've firmed up the running order?

I don't think they have day tickets, not anymore at least. Besides, it's a bit far to travel. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think they have day tickets, not anymore at least. Besides, it's a bit far to travel. :p

Have you got the new Amon Amarth track yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got the new Amon Amarth track yet?

I've just listened to it now. I'm really into it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just listened to it now. I'm really into it!

I downloaded it free from their website the other day but it looks like that's not available anymore. Love it! Shame the artwork's a bit crap though - not up to their usual standard. Is Loki fighting Santa? :D
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie and Adore were pretty good albums, but i don't play the rest that often. In retrospect, Machina had some decent tracks too. But i have to be honest, i find Billy's voice to be rather grating after a while, which can be quite awkward, as i have a friend who occasionally has James Iha staying at his house. :o
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i'll give Sabbath a miss on this tour. I love Iommi's riffage, but Ozzy puts me these days off. I saw him at Donnington in 96, and it was shocking. But i suppose he is healthier these days (the relapse aside).

If anyone has a DeLorean or a Tardis, perhaps we can use it go see the Paranoid tour in 1970. Any Time Lord's or crazy wild eyed scientists in the house? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just stumbled on these videos on Youtube. We get to see some of our favourite (and not so favourite) Rock & Metal bands either acting like d*ckheads or having stuff happen to them. I never thought I'd feel sorry for Nickleback :eek: :D

Concerts Fail Compilation - Part 1 (Rock/Metal)

Concerts Fail Compilation (Rock/Metal) - Part 2

Concerts Fail Compilation (Rock/Metal) - Part 3

Oh and, I've no idea who this is but it's f*cking funny :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fK0dyDTRI
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sabbath debuted another new song, 'End of the Beginning', at their first show in Auckland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7wkNL9oR_8

I think the studio version will sound better. It's pretty good but a bit long and plodding, not as good as the single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Sabbath debuted another new song, 'End of the Beginning', at their first show in Auckland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7wkNL9oR_8

I think the studio version will sound better. It's pretty good but a bit long and plodding, not as good as the single.

Oooh, I like that. You're right, it's not as catchy as God Is Dead? but it's still a great tune. It's also reassuring to hear that Ozzy's voice is just fine live :)
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody else seen Alex Lifeson's (Rush) Acceptance Speech at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.Pretty much agree with every word he said :D:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7M7AEi68a20#t=289s

Not sure what the 'pop' lover's on the outside of here on DS would think of it though.They seem to think you're not successful unless their favs have won a Brit / Grammy or something :o:p
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just stumbled on these videos on Youtube. We get to see some of our favourite (and not so favourite) Rock & Metal bands either acting like d*ckheads or having stuff happen to them. I never thought I'd feel sorry for Nickleback :eek: :D

I'm at work at the moment, but I genuinely can't wait to watch these! I love a good fail compilation.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Axl Rose is a proper arsehole
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Axl Rose is a proper arsehole

Was it you who waited three hours to see him, or have I got you mixed up with someone else on here?
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it you who waited three hours to see him, or have I got you mixed up with someone else on here?

Yeah that was me, i was only 20 back then and a lot less cynical and wise than i am now, no way would i do that for anyone now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Yeah that was me, i was only 20 back then and a lot less cynical and wise than i am now, no way would i do that for anyone now

Oh, I thought that 'making them wait three hours' thing was more recent. Has he done it more than once?
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought that 'making them wait three hours' thing was more recent. Has he done it more than once?
    I actually posted this video on the Axl Rose IMDb board when it had a couple of thousand views back in 2010 so that gives you an idea

I pity the causal fans really since the older fans will know that it's 'Axl being Axl' knowing the routine