Options

How likely is it that Britney Spears will come out of this okay?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
Forum Member
I am no great fan at all and I think she brought a lot of stuff down on her own head, but she also seems to have had little or no guidance from people close to her.

It was this report that triggered off the question:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a44075/britneys-family-want-her-to-quit-hollywood.html

Is she likely to listen? After all if some in her entourage are to be believed she won't listen to any advice at all, not even from those people hired to advise her.

She's obviously sailing down that big river in Egypt with regard to what she's suffering from. I just wonder if there is any chance she will make it back and if she does, will all the really negative stuff surrounding her stop her record company or any other record company from taking a chance on her?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    American audiences seem to like someone who has f*cked up and paid for their actions; so if she sorts herself out, I reckon she'll still have a career. Over here in the Uk is another question, I think she's killed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I fear you may be right, especially judging from the lack of British interest in the subject. I was just curious really. Her family's interventions seem to be too little too late on the surface, but we don't know how much has gone on behind the scenes between them and her.

The sad thing is that I wasn't even surprised that this had happened. she flew up too fast and too high. the fall is always more spectacular in those cases.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people in the UK are probably sick of hearing about her now. She's got a long way to go if she has any chance of clawing back her career.
  • Options
    Mizz FilthMizz Filth Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like someone said further up, the USA like the fallen star come good check Mariah, Elvis, Whitney etc so she should be back to megastar status there if she produces a good album.

Not sure about over here really, everyone is harsher and more judgemental imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Mizz Filth wrote:
    the USA like the fallen star come good

That's the phrase I was looking for.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to her, but she's been such a f*ckup. She achieved what most others can only dream about, but she has to behave like a spoilt brat and destroy everything. The way she was behaving lately, she gives a white trash a bad name. Not that it would matter to her what I think about her, but her album would have to be ingenious to get any respect from me. Well, Mariah, Elvis, Whitney, they all can/could sing, Britney is only a playback dancer to me :p
  • Options
    Mizz FilthMizz Filth Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote:
    Good luck to her, but she's been such a f*ckup. She achieved what most others can only dream about, but she has to behave like a spoilt brat and destroy everything. The way she was behaving lately, she gives a white trash a bad name. Not that it would matter to her what I think about her, but her album would have to be ingenious to get any respect from me. Well, Mariah, Elvis, Whitney, they all can/could sing, Britney is only a playback dancer to me :p

I think she should definitely go down a different route with her music, no catchy pop songs with a dance routine in the middle coz it would come across as horribly fake now.

Maybe folk singing, that doesn't require a great voice. :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote:
    I am no great fan at all and I think she brought a lot of stuff down on her own head, but she also seems to have had little or no guidance from people close to her.

It was this report that triggered off the question:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a44075/britneys-family-want-her-to-quit-hollywood.html

Is she likely to listen? After all if some in her entourage are to be believed she won't listen to any advice at all, not even from those people hired to advise her.

She's obviously sailing down that big river in Egypt with regard to what she's suffering from. I just wonder if there is any chance she will make it back and if she does, will all the really negative stuff surrounding her stop her record company or any other record company from taking a chance on her?

If Britney is smart (which she isn't), then she will follow her family's advice, quit Hollywood, and go back to Louisiana to live a normal life. She's got more money than she'll ever need, so why does she keep insisting on staying in a business that is destroying her? Because she's addicted to fame- that's what I truly believe the problem is. If Britney stays in showbusiness during a time she's already a mess, you can bet that there will NEVER be a happy ending for her. Showbusiness is destroying her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think her family are right too.

The thing is that she has no real lasting talent with regard to singing. Her records are well done and make her sound 'pleasant' enough, but to make a comeback would require a lot more than that. Most of her image relied on the fresh wide-eyed innocent sexuality of the young girl and later on she was surrounded by the on tour showgirl type of hype with lots of gyrating young dancers. Unfortunately she can never get that back, she's gone through too many changes and the birth of two children.

If she has any sense she will go back home and concentrate on being a good mom to those boys. Unfortunately I honestly can't see her doing that. As you say, she is addicted to fame.

I know a lot of people get off on watching an accident in the process of happening, but I honestly hate it.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote:
    I think her family are right too.

The thing is that she has no real lasting talent with regard to singing. Her records are well done and make her sound 'pleasant' enough, but to make a comeback would require a lot more than that. Most of her image relied on the fresh wide-eyed innocent sexuality of the young girl and later on she was surrounded by the on tour showgirl type of hype with lots of gyrating young dancers. Unfortunately she can never get that back, she's gone through too many changes and the birth of two children.

If she has any sense she will go back home and concentrate on being a good mom to those boys. Unfortunately I honestly can't see her doing that. As you say, she is addicted to fame.

I know a lot of people get off on watching an accident in the process of happening, but I honestly hate it.

Exactly. And her life and image has changed dramatically since her last studio album- she's been married twice, had two kids, has been hooked on either alcohol and/or drugs, and has been acting as trashy as they come. She's also 25 years old. I mean, how many teenagers can relate to someone like her? Besides, a whole new landscape of pop singers have taken over. She's old news.

She should just be happy with what she achieved with such little talent and now focus on her kids- that's MOST important.