Options

Did anyone buy anything from the sales today?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Stayed in all day and husband sort of told me off for tidying up as apparently Boxing Day is supposed to be for relaxing! So there's no way we would've gone near the shops today
  • Options
    BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treated myself to a few track suits from the Adidas website, also a pair of good quality shoes, and a jacket
  • Options
    willow32willow32 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of nice winter coats, talcum powder and an electric toothbrush reduced from £99.99 to £34.99. My teeth are nice and sparkly.

All done online from my nice, toasty living room.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought myself a nice Agent Provocateur Fatal perfume gift set online :) Haven't even smelt it yet :o
  • Options
    BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willow32 wrote: »
    A couple of nice winter coats, talcum powder and an electric toothbrush reduced from £99.99 to £34.99. My teeth are nice and sparkly.

All done online from my nice, toasty living room.

Talcum powder how old school
  • Options
    willow32willow32 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talcum powder how old school

:D Reduced from Penhaligon's so, even more old school.
  • Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No don't need junk
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Same. As a retail worker I know most shops won't ever shut for more than a day whilst there is demand for them to be open. If the store makes more than it costs them to be open then it counts as demand and they'll open again Boxing Day next year. I know as one person my contribution is negligible but I would prefer stores not to open Boxing Day at all, to allow people a proper Christmas break.

Some hope for you retail workers out there, the papers are reporting that Boxing Day sales were down 5-10% this year. No doubt due to the retailers over indulging with the Black Friday madness and reducing the appeal of the sales.

Not enough to shut the shops next Boxing Day, but a further dip next year may make some shops think twice, those massive retail stores cost a fortune to heat, light and staff and they may think that going online only on Boxing Day works better for them.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to but the ASOS website is having technical problems
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i bought myself a cardigan, nice one too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142