Rihanna is slacking

RihannaRoyaltyRihannaRoyalty Posts: 282
Forum Member
I'm a die hard stan but it feels like she's paying dust to this era and her team aren't managing her releases that well just like talk that talk era.I still want the Pour It Up video she's been teasing for months :(((((

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's already recording her next album, so I don't think she or her team cares much for this era now. They are focused on finding brand new smashes for her to record.

It's sad that she has only released one or two singles properly with her last few albums, there are a few more songs on Unapologetic which could easily be singles, but that's just how she is as an artist, she seems to move on from her albums very quickly. She and her team have a strategy which works, so I'm not surprised that they haven't changed that yet.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It annoyed me with the TTT era that it seemed rushed but now i think that i like that she releases an album ever year and theres is always a worldwide no 1 smash follwed by another big song. Im not really bothered what other songs are released as i will have the album but its good to see the videos.

If she doesnt release an album in November i wont be happy!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    It annoyed me with the TTT era that it seemed rushed but now i think that i like that she releases an album ever year and theres is always a worldwide no 1 smash follwed by another big song. Im not really bothered what other songs are released as i will have the album but its good to see the videos.

If she doesnt release an album in November i wont be happy!

yeah, i kind of feel like that too, its like part of the christmas countdown for me.:o i do feel like overall material has been wasted and songs have been overlooked in terms of singles, but i agree, once you have the album it doesn't really matter. i would like more videos too, but i think the touring at least every other album is taking its toll of her promotional routine.
  • RihannaRoyaltyRihannaRoyalty Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I still want pour it up video it could of slayed the charts:(
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I still want pour it up video it could of slayed the charts:(

Pour It Up would never have done anything anyway, since when it was released as a single in the UK Capital FM refused to play it.

I do feel like Unapologetic has a lot of potential hits on it though, I wish they'd move onto another song, Right Now is too bland to do anything.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Slacking?! I hope she doesn't release a new album this year, the girl needs to take 6/12 months off touring and promoting and come back with a decent album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been lacking since the Loud era. I miss the days when Rihanna shot a video for every single but with only one video this year and three last year, is not good enough. PIU could've been a top 10 in the US of she had at least released the video and perhaps some promotion. RN should've never been released. However WN is top 20 in Australia on iTunes and climbing in New Zealand and French speaking countries. If she shot a video and did a few promotional events (VMAs, big talk shows, X Factor etc) or even rang up radio stations as that doesn't take much.

HOWEVER, she was seen shooting a video with A$AP Rocky so maybe WN Remix hopefully. But she's probably doing a remix for his new single. I doubt it's a new lead single for a album. Though she's on a break until early September so she still can shoot a video for WN because it can smash worldwide.

I would live a new Rihanna album for imo she should re-release UNA or GH. So she can put out a few singles.
    Forum Member
    She needs Another loud era or she's going to become irrelevant:/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has this strategy that once the album is out, she is more focussed on the tour rather than having more singles. All her albums now gets certified platinum in the US and sell rather well in Europe and Oceania. I think that was what Cheryl also had in mind as well when she did A Million Lights (Yes, there was the reunion, but she would have released one or two more singles before that).

That being said, I agree that TTT and Unapologetic era felt really rushed. At least if she has no time for a storylined video for a single release, she could have used some footages from her tour like the song, Cheers (Drink to That).
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a die hard stan but it feels like she's paying dust to this era and her team aren't managing her releases that well just like talk that talk era.I still want the Pour It Up video she's been teasing for months :(((((

I wished she would just take a longgggggggggg or even short break ; just go somewhere already......ughhhhhhhhhhhh...
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a die hard stan

I'm a die hard derek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    That being said, I agree that TTT and Unapologetic era felt really rushed. At least if she has no time for a storylined video for a single release, she could have used some footages from her tour like the song, Cheers (Drink to That).

That's the thing, it's not just her slacking, it's her whole team. A video in the vein of Cheers could have easily been made and fit a song like Right Now or even Jump down a T. Rihanna wouldn't even have had to lift a finger.

I'm frankly baffled why no-one on her team seems arsed to actually make the era EVEN MORE successful while Rihanna's off recording (getting drunk/high).
    Forum Member
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    That's the thing, it's not just her slacking, it's her whole team. A video in the vein of Cheers could have easily been made and fit a song like Right Now or even Jump down a T. Rihanna wouldn't even have had to lift a finger.

I'm frankly baffled why no-one on her team seems arsed to actually make the era EVEN MORE successful while Rihanna's off recording (getting drunk/high).
    She seems more concerned with her fashion line then actual music career :(
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna's current strategy seems to be release a smash lead, a big hit, some flops, a mediocre selling album and then repeat. The fact she didn't up her game after Talk That Talk's disappointing performance (compared to Loud), but in fact became even more complacent, leads me to believe she doesn't really care about diminishing returns so long as she gets that mega smash every year.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna is slacking

I believe women can have an operation to remedy that problem now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems more concerned with her fashion line then actual music career :(

Because in her point of view, why should she? Her formula has been working and people buying whatever she's selling, so why not put the effort into something she really wants to be doing? She can put out an album tomorrow and you will buy it so she probably feels she is passed the point of actually having to create anything when it comes to music.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    I really want her to get number one in the UK in 2013 as she's had like a 7 year run and it'll be a shame to see it end :O
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week was the first week Rihanna has not had an album in the UK albums chart since summer of 2009:eek:
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word you are looking for is "lacking".