'Neck Nominations' The new Facebook craze

Comments

• kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Ah come here it's only a few pints of cider.... No vodka, whiskey etc so hardly dangerous.

I'm not meaning what you would take personally, but the fact that you are effectively adding to the long list of people who do it and think it's ok. There's always going to be one mug who will want more attention and risk their life and all just to try and outdo other people. People have already died. So where does an end come to it if nobody is prepared to just say no and tell their friends it's a mug's game?
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I saw a young woman dressed as a hippy on a night out I think I'd literally hug her at this stage.
    I wouldn't....

Some ******** would probably accuse me of being a pedophile even if she was in her twenties!
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kate03 wrote: »
    I'm not meaning what you would take personally, but the fact that you are effectively adding to the long list of people who do it and think it's ok. There's always going to be one mug who will want more attention and risk their life and all just to try and outdo other people. People have already died. So where does an end come to it if nobody is prepared to just say no and tell their friends it's a mug's game?
    Honestly, all my mates have stuck to beer/cider and some of the videos have been actually hilarious and not dangerous in the slightest - it's bouncing around the world at the minute from Irish expats in particular ... To be fair if your stupid enough to drink a pint/litre of vodka straight then your not right in the head.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    So your willing to sacrifice your life just to avoid a bit of ribbing ? :confused:

I think its sad that people risk their health to be in the "in crowd".

The worst part is sensible people who dont follow the crowd are seen as dull, boring, party poopers. Although id rather be an uncool person than the coolest corpse in the mortuary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the facebook page is to be removed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26013063
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    if someone were to neknominate me i would punch them in the cock. or unfriend them, whichever is worse these days.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, all my mates have stuck to beer/cider and some of the videos have been actually hilarious and not dangerous in the slightest - it's bouncing around the world at the minute from Irish expats in particular ... To be fair if your stupid enough to drink a pint/litre of vodka straight then your not right in the head.

If the funniest thing you have seen is watching your mates get drunk, just goes to show how sad you really are!!!

If you really want to do go on ahead!! What is it to the rest of us if you kill yourself or someone else, just as long as you have a laugh doing it.

Not sure how old you are, but I really hope you don't have a partner or children cause you really are a immature idiot.
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy watching the lads do it ... it kind of turns me on ...
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Looks like the facebook page is to be removed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26013063

Typical. Wait until there's a couple of deaths before doing anything about it.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Neknominate as a subtle form of cyberbullying others to binge-drink they don't normally do.

This latest craze should be banned with immediate effect before young lives are ruined by ill-health/early death.
    Forum Member

be sure to nominate someone else too. then if they die you wont feel bad or be prosecuted and sued because nothing in life has consequences.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Just think how much better the world would be if instead of neck nominating, people were pressuring people into doing worthwhile good things?

But i suppose eating your own crap so all your mates think youre the best thing since sliced bread is preferable to donating your old clothes to charity.

Im thinking if youre stupid enough to have to do this then you deserve it if you end up dead, but then think of the loved ones left behind.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iofiel wrote: »
    I enjoy watching the lads do it ... it kind of turns me on ...
    Right,,,,,,,,,,,:confused:
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only heard about this thing on Saturday, and by yesterday there had been two deaths related to it. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    be sure to nominate someone else too. then if they die you wont feel bad or be prosecuted and sued because nothing in life has consequences.

Let them do it!! If they are really that stupid or so easily led, then the world will be a better place if they are not in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    If the funniest thing you have seen is watching your mates get drunk, just goes to show how sad you really are!!!

If you really want to do go on ahead!! What is it to the rest of us if you kill yourself or someone else, just as long as you have a laugh doing it.

Not sure how old you are, but I really hope you don't have a partner or children cause you really are a immature idiot.
    Ah 22... Btw you don't get drunk from drinking one pint of cider - ha I didn't do it yet, I'm still undecided.... I fail to see how people are getting so upset, what do you lot think happened last Friday, Saturday and Sunday night across Ireland/UK - you can be sure a bit more then one pint was drank by a couple of million people. It's all relative ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    They won't die after one pint - don't be so stupid.
  • HelenW82HelenW82 Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I heard about this and was told that person a had nominated person b, so that person b could nominate person a again. This way person a couldn't be nominated again ...

Instead of asking if person b was going to try and get out of being nominated twice I just smiled and went 'right then' feeling a little old as I thought: what ever happened to a round of Tequila, bit of salt and lemon and whoever finished last brought the next round of shots ...

Didn't realise it was the latest social media craze where more than just beer and cider were involved in said drink. Sounds very silly and pretty vile from what I've read on here!
    Forum Member

I've never been so proud to be called stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They might not, but you have to nominate three other people. So what will they be drinking, but I suppose it's of no concern of yours if they drink something stronger and end up killing themselves or someone else.

As long as you can have a laugh.:confused:
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It very much depends what they drink...

The trouble with these things is that they dares get increasingly extreme and it's only a matter of time before someone tries it with spirits and dies... as has already happened in a couple of cases.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    They might not, but you have to nominate three other people. So what will they be drinking, but I suppose it's of no concern of yours if they drink something stronger and end up killing themselves or someone else.

As long as you can have a laugh.:confused:
    Or I could do it and nominate no one ....
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote: »

The trouble with these things is that they dares get increasingly extreme and it's only a matter of time before someone tries it with spirits and dies... as has already happened in a couple of cases.
    indeed. if i nominated someone who nominated someone who nominated someone who dies i don't think my conscience would be clean.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Stop It Before It Kills Us All. End Of Transmission.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »

Of course your right - but if you read back I have said anyone who thinks it's a good idea to drink a pint of vodka is almost beyond redemption and probably half slow in any case.