Options

[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 2 [Live Show 2]

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Rachel Hylton
    There's no denying that you have an amazing voice, an extremely interesting tone to your voice and bags of power and stage presence. However that song was just too panda pop for me; you're a person who's been through a lot and whilst I can see the sentiment of the song it just really didn't work for me. The song just doesn't suit what sort of an act you are; some with some grit and its a shame that your mentor has gone down this route to showcase you. Not awful, but nowhere near brilliant. Good luck in the voting tonight.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, not the best comments for Rachel, could she be in trouble tonight?

Once again over to the "12 class and with an unique song at the ready, it's MK1!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6qVbIgbjk
    Note: This was one of the nominees to represent Lithuania in 2012.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

MK1

Sim, Charlie…jaw dropping. That rap was so full of emotion Sim, I really enjoyed it. It was really difficult finding a song to suit you for this theme but I felt happy (and relieved) when I found this for you because it suits your vocals really well and not only but the performance was incredible! I really enjoyed Charlie’s part too. It showed that Charlie can hold notes too! And Sim’s rap was full of emotion, perfect combination. I want MK1 here next week, guys please vote if you enjoyed their performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MK1
    MK1 does Eurovision and rock Eurovision! I was interested to see what you would do and I think Roxie has managed to pull the perfect song out of the bag for you. I liked Charlie's haunting vocals in this song and thought rap was good too; you bring something different to the competition and at the moment its good. I can't help but feel you may be a one trick pony act but I'm sure Roxie will prove your not in future shows. Well Done tonight though great performance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So MK1 dominates once again, could Roxie be onto a winner after just two shows?

Now once more to the "10 class and with a cover of Russia's entry from 2008, it's Aiden Grimshaw!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL6auVD4uZo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's comment

Aiden

I don’t know about this performance. To be honest, today’s standard has been really high (surprised myself – considering the theme) and I don’t know if that was enough. I like the original song so much and I love Bonnie T, but I don’t like that version. Bonnie T sings with such beautiful emotion and I didn’t feel it from that. There was some nice range there and I liked the tone of your voice. I think it was a nice song and a nice performance, but just fell short of the goal post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aiden Grimshaw
    I was unsure as to how you as an act was going to react with a theme like Eurovision and I can appreciate that picking a song for you this week was probably fairly difficult. I have to comment on what we seen and whilst it wasn't as bad as some of the performances in the first live show I don't think it was one of the best performances that we've seen. As an act I'm excited by you, however I don't think with the songs you've been given thus far has really been over to show just what and who you are as an act. I hope you're safe tonight as I believe you have more to give so good luck with the voting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if Roxie realized, but Bonnie T sung Believe In Me, not Believe, lol. :p

But anyways, a huge drop of praise for Aiden, could he be another act in trouble tonight?

Now for our penultimate performance, with Germany's entry from this year, it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77A9-hQAp0

Perri
    Do you know it’s time to let yourself go?
    Why don’t we just let it show?
    Tell me what you’re waiting for

Leigh-Ann and Jade
    ‘Cause I, I wanna live before I die
    Crash and burn and lose my mind
    We can set the world on fire

All
    Tonight we can be glorious
    We are young at heart and we’re free
    The world is ours, I can feel the music in me
    Glorious, found a love that eyes cannot see
    Delirious, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh

Jesy
    I believe the little child inside of me
    Can reveal my destiny
    And one day I’ll be breaking free

Perri
    Now’s the time, we’re running at the speed of light
    I’ll meet you on the other side
    Every time I close my eyes

All
    Delirious, I can feel the music in me

Leigh-Ann/ Jade (Glorious)
    Perri Found a love that eyes cannot see
    (We are young, oh oh, oh oh oh)

All
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Little Mix

Cascada is an incredible group. I love them ever since ‘Everytime We Touch’ and their style of eurodance. So it was a nice song and I really like how much work your mentor is putting into you. The performance was definitely much better than last week. But, I would have liked to have heard some other female voices in there. What I love about you girls so much is that each of you has a different voice, a different style and I understand that the theme was really restrictive for you but please give us more performances which take advantage of your special qualities because I want you girls to do well. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    little Mix
    Another great peformance from you girls and I appreciate what Roxie's has said with regards individual qualities and I wil ltry if the next theme allows for something a little different. Based on that performance though I thought the vocals were great. the performance was amazing and your girls sung that song brilliant. Keep LM in - vote for them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the four girls pull off doing what they do best once more but will that be enough?

Time for the final performance now and it's from our sing-off survivor.
    Closing the show with Romania's entry from 2005, it's Melanie Masson!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGY20O4Z7nM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxie's Comment

Mel

*standing ovation*

What an incredible performance Mel! You took an immensely difficult song and gave it your all. Isn’t that what we love about her, that powerhouse voice? I didn’t want any song which didn’t take full advantage of that voice box and this song does. The build up and then that chorus – it was all so explosive! And ‘Let Me Try’ is such a suitable set of lyrics for you. You want to be given a chance to do well. That chorus and then the key change! It was incredible! So full of that Melanie Masson rock spirit and feisty attitude. I love you Mel and I hope the public do too. Also this is what Eurovision symbolizes perfectly – going absolutely mad and giving it everything you’ve got!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Melanie Masson
    Melanie, I thought the chorus' were amazing, however the lead in vocal was a little bit on the low side for you. Some of th enotes held were really great, however it was also mixed with some strange and bizarre moments. I enjoyed the majority of the song but I tihnk you are yet to deliver a performance which is sustained a briliant all the way through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our mystery judge has commented at last, so I'm gonna post this now before I do anything else.

Mystery Judge's Comments
    JLS

Boys this has actually gave me hope for tonight. It was perfect for you and I really enjoyed it. Could have done with some harmonies but overall a good job!!!

Max Vickers

Max that was certainly differnet and I think it worked quite nice for you. Wasn`t as good as last week but you should get through tonight!!!

Ella Henderson

Ella now that was just beautiful.. Absolutely stunning vocals and I love how it built up and you did those amazing high notes. You are one of my favourites!!

Johnny Robinson

OMG Johnny you are the suprise of the competition for me so far. That was amazing, fun, upbeat, mad and just plain glorious. I am loving you in the competition so far. Keep it up!!!

The Reason

I quite liked it boys. No actually I am lying. I thought your voices were really boring and you looked like you didn`t enjoy it. I am really sorry but I really hated it boys!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Burridge

Adam I liked it and even though I want less boring things for you I thought that it was far too fast and you were struggling to keep up with the music. Your vocals were nice but that is all I can say!!

Melanie McAbe

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Melanie I just can`t get enough of you. That was just beautifully performed and your vocals were stunning. You have impressed me so much in this competition and I can`t wait to see more from you!!!

Rachel Hylton

Now Rachel that is so much better than last week. You didn`t just scream your way through the song, and you just sang beautifully. Thank you so much for improving on last week and I hope to see more improvement!!!

MK1

WOAH!!!! I absolutely loved it MK1. It was a lot better than last week but I don`t know if you will be safe because it has been so good tonight!!!

Aiden Grimshaw

Noooooooooooo what happened to that wonderful Aiden?????? It was really not like you and those vocals were terrible!! I am so gutted about this Aiden, as I know you can do so much better!!!

Little Mix

Girls you have done it again. That was so much fun and energy and those vocals were so powerful and strong between you all. The only thing I want for next week is some more harmonies and show off Leigh-anne`s rapping!!!

Melanie Masson

Melanie not my favourite performance as the vocals were not that good but it was better than some and suited you quite well. Yeah, nice close to the show!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we finish with not bad comments for Melanie, but could she be in the sing-off again?

So all 12 acts have sung this evening, if you don't agree with what's been said then you can have your say because the lines are now OPEN!

Here is a reminder of all of tonight's performances:

JLS - You (Robin Stjernberg) [Sweden]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxUEcqgSqk0

Max Vickers - New Tomorrow (A Friend In London) [Denmark]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7_PGOmms4Q

Ella Henderson - The Secret Is Love (Nadine Beiler) [Austria]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc13B1ofQS4

Johnny Robinson - Je Ne Sais Quoi (Hera Björk) [Iceland]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYvhjRM_13I
    Note: The song is 98% English and has been approved.

The Reason - Aftur Heim [Coming Home] (Sigurjón's Friends) [Iceland]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2l00PC0JA&

Adam Burridge - Only Love Survives (Ryan Dolan) [Ireland]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGuX7e0Ors

Melanie McCabe - Come Back (Jessica Garlik) [UK]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjQtOA0G4dE

Rachel Hylton - It's My Time (Jade Ewen) [UK]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UukWe_bEJ6s

MK1 - Take It Back (Vytautas ft. Evelina & Bass Arco) [Lithuania]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6qVbIgbjk
    Note: This was one of the nominees to represent Lithuania in 2012.

Aiden Grimshaw - Believe (Dima Bilan) [Acoustic Cover] [Russia]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL6auVD4uZo

Little Mix - Glorius (Cascada) [Germany]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77A9-hQAp0
    Perri
    Do you know it’s time to let yourself go?
    Why don’t we just let it show?
    Tell me what you’re waiting for

Leigh-Ann and Jade
    ‘Cause I, I wanna live before I die
    Crash and burn and lose my mind
    We can set the world on fire

All

Jesy
    I believe the little child inside of me
    Can reveal my destiny
    And one day I’ll be breaking free

Perri
    Now’s the time, we’re running at the speed of light
    I’ll meet you on the other side
    Every time I close my eyes

All
    Delirious, I can feel the music in me

Perri Found a love that eyes cannot see

All

Melanie Masson - Let Me Try (Luminita Anghel & Sistem) [Romania]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGY20O4Z7nM

So viewers, inbox me your rankings of 12-1 if you want to save your favorites. Judges can vote as well and I'm sure they know the rest. The lines will close 8:15pm where we will have a guest performance and I'm gonna be very nice and say that ONE act will be leaving the competition for good, so don't let that be your favorite. Feel free to talk about tonight's here in the meantime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am now expecting Jacka and George to send me votes soon cause otherwise, it could put their acts at a disadvantage.
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just voted. Johnny was beyond amazing tonight, so props to his mentor for that. I also particularly enjoyed MK1, Little Mix and Ella this time around. :)
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone - thanks David and Mystery Judge for your comments about Ella and MK1 - I'm glad you enjoyed it. And MK1 are definitely not 1 trick ponies. They did a fun, uptempo version of Where is the Love the first week and then a more rocky, serious performance this week. But I'll try and do more cool stuff with them.

Adam is trying hard - with these songs it's hard to find something to suit him, so give him a chance.

And Mel gave it her all today! That passion was amazing! Who cares if it was a bit mad - Eurovision is meant to be bonkers. She stayed true to the theme.

Also slightly contrary to what I said The Reason I genuinely enjoyed a lot today. They were great. JLS were also amazing. I also really liked Melanie McC...and Johnny was crazy - but I loved it! Great night guys. Also about the Aiden thing - yeah I have no idea how I got confused...:D
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, sorry I wasn't here. If you saw my post from earlier the power went off in half my house including the WiFi. It's coming back now but I've no time to write any comments but overall I think Johnny was really a stand out performer tonight alongside my own The Reason. I never watch Eurovision as I cannot stand it so I had no clue about songs or whatever and it proved to be much harder of a theme than I thought. I appreciate I'll likely lose Aiden tonight, but I can promise a huge improvement next time around and I hope and pray The Reason stay in too
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Yohin... I swear you and me have the same mind with the Johnny song XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Yohin... I swear you and me have the same mind with the Johnny song XD

Why was that the song you were talking about earlier?

Cheers everyone regarding Johnny's song though :D
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I willin 5 and ill post my comments been at a meeting which over ran, just on the way home so bear with please
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Why was that the song you were talking about earlier?

Cheers everyone regarding Johnny's song though :D

Literally the exact same one its freaky XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed that we were unable to use this EV gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed that we were unable to use this EV gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE

I know! Why??:( I wub this song.

Not being in English doesn't help either...