'Neck Nominations' The new Facebook craze

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone seen these. They seem to be quite new, last couple of days. Basically you down a pint of a large portion of alcohol in one sitting as quickly as you can and then you have to nominate someone else (presumably someone on your friends list) and they have to neck something too within 24 hours. If they don't post a video of them necking something within 24 hours then the chain is over and they are 'shamed' so to speak. It's all about a game of 'i dare you' etc;

Most of the videos i have seen have been people necking vodka on tractors, downing wine in onesies etc;

Very bizarre craze.

Comments

• Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I'd be happy to be 'shamed'. I love a drink, but i like to enjoy a pint, not 'neck' anything.

This will only end in trouble when some moron goes too far.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I'd be happy to be 'shamed'. I love a drink, but i like to enjoy a pint, not 'neck' anything.

This will only end in trouble when some moron goes too far.
    Same here. If I downed a pint these days it would come straight back up.

I heard a new one the other day about taking a picture of drinking a pint in the strangest place :confused:

I'm glad I don't go in for all this facebook bollocks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laddish crap
    Forum Member
    Probably just as many young women doing it these days
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw someone do a pint of milk, dog food and soap.
    Forum Member
    Sounds lovely :-/
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A young man has died after doing it, last night in Ireland.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be good at it, but I dunno how to upload a video to Facebook :(
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    A young man has died after doing it, last night in Ireland.
    A pint of what though?
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    A pint of what though?

I don't know. But some are saying it starts with a pint of beer and now its moving on to spirits.
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    I don't know. But some are saying it starts with a pint of beer and now its moving on to spirits.
    As I said earlier I probably couldn't down a pint of lager these days.
    If I even attempted downing spirits (apart from shots) then my stomach would sort it out for me pretty quickly
  • Sabre92Sabre92 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pint of what though?

It's a pint of whatever you want, providing it contains alcohol, so presumably the Irish guy in question decided to take it too far and down something like a pint of vodka or whisky or something equally stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pint of what though?

Whiskey.
    Forum Member
    It's a wonder they can keep it down.

I could drink a pint of vodka or bourbon over the course of a drinking session but never in one go.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    Whiskey.

Well dead or alive, that person is a knobhead!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Mrs HedgehogMrs Hedgehog Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I've literally just read about this before coming onto DS and another young man has died tonight allegedly...

Tragic as 2 deaths in 2 days may be, but is this not just a drinking game? Albeit played out on social media? Nonetheless tragic as drinking game deaths over the years?
    Forum Member
    Highly possible but a tad premature
    It is not yet known if alcohol was a factor in his death.

It's understood the 23-year-old had taken part in a 'neck nomination', a trend where people are dared on social media to down a pint of an alcoholic drink quickly within the following 24 hours.

The participant must then video their actions as part of the dare.

The young man, from Ringsend in Dublin, is understood to have consumed a drink at a party in the city centre last night after he was 'nominated'.

He was reportedly found dead at his friend's house this morning.

Dublin's coroners office will examine the circumstances surrounding the sudden death.

It is not clear whether the reported consumption of alcohol is connected to his death.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    There is a video online of a guy from Wales doing this game.

He starts of by downing a pint of larger, then more disturbingly bites off the head of a 1 day old chick..which he then swallows. Lastly he downs a pint of vodka with 3 raw eggs in.

You can see why people may die from this stupid game...although to be honest the people doing it are just as stupid
    Forum Member
    I suppose they are the natural contenders for a Darwin Award.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all i have seen all over my Facebook all frigging day, it's so pathetic. I have even seen people say "i hope i don't get nominated"...............they are so stupid that they don't even realise that they can say no to it, they actually think that if they are nominated then they must do it, idiots.

I hope someone nominates me, i'll say no straight away. I hate stupid fads like this. I have even seen people pee in the cup and down it.

I don't see the fun or point in it to be honest.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people nominate others they also say "you have 24hrs, don't let me down". So what are they going to do when 24hrs pass and those people don't do it ? man these people are really sad.

Also when people have done it people reply saying "well done". Is this some sort of achievement or something ? :p
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I did wonder why people were posting pictures of half empty bottles on facebook over the last week or so. Social media sure does bring out the retard in some people.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a new craze.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh. Only seen a couple of these. But at the moment I'd rather see them on my newsfeed than whatever latest level someone has got to on Candy Crush. Or some sickening update about how amazing/cute/poorly someone's child is.