EEs - 14 & 7 years since Tiff & Dennis both died!

wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
Forum Member
I was just thinking about this today, where has the time gone?

Both characters shouldn't have been killed off.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Killing tiff off made that character - right decision.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »

What he/she said.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

in your opinion alot of us differ she was one of the most famous characters on eastenders in the 90s and the first attarctive woman they ever had.

anyway op yea time has gone and both characters were great.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,470
    Forum Member
    Awww, 14 years and it STILL bugs me they killed Tiff off:cry:!

Same with Kathy. Still can't believe she was killed off solely as a plot device just to bring wet blanket Ben into the show.:mad: Sooooo pointless and annoying:mad::cry:!
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Dennis was killed off. Nigel Harman made it very clear he had no intention of returning, so Dennis' exit would have effectively meant the end of Sharon too (unless they, unplausibly, split up off-screen). Therefore, I think Dennis dying was the perfect end for Shannis. Heartbreaking as it was, it effectively cleared the way for Sharon to make a return to the show in the future.

Also, can you imagine what Kirkwood would have done if he got his hands on Shannis? :rolleyes:

I was only about 9 when Tiff was killed, so I don't remember much. I thought it was very upsetting though. I think it's true that most people only really remember Tiff because of her tragic death though.
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    in your opinion alot of us differ she was one of the most famous characters on eastenders in the 90s and the first attarctive woman they ever had.

So true her death certainly didn't make her at all and anyone who says it did is talking rubbish. Martine made Tiffany massively popular long before her death and she had many big storylines before her death too. I preferred Tiff & Grant to Sharon & Grant too.

She would have fit right in with Bianca now.

Shame
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww, 14 years and it STILL bugs me they killed Tiff off:cry:!

Same with Kathy. Still can't believe she was killed off solely as a plot device just to bring wet blanket Ben into the show.:mad: Sooooo pointless and annoying:mad::cry:!

lol was just speaking about this in another thread regarding kathy beale and i still sy they can bring her back they have killed off nearly the whole original cast and she was the one person that could have come back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    I'm glad Dennis was killed off. Nigel Harman made it very clear he had no intention of returning, so Dennis' exit would have effectively meant the end of Sharon too (unless they, unplausibly, split up off-screen). Therefor, I think Dennis dying was the perfect end for Shannis.

I was only 9 when Tiff was killed, so I don't remember much. I thought it was very upsetting though.

im your age group and remember storylines from that time and before in fact i remember ee storylines from 1993:)
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im your age group and remember storylines from that time and before in fact i remember ee storylines from 1993:)

I can remember EastEnders as far back as 1996 (I can vividly recall the episode when Ben Mitchell was born, for example), but nothing before that really.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine if they'd met. That would have been an affair waiting to happen.
    Forum Member

Of cours it's my opinion - whose other is it going to be???

Tiff was an average charscter played by an average actress who now does yogurt commercials or some such.

The last 2 years of the charscter were dire with her moaning and whining all over the place. Without her death she would just have been remembered as granny's "other wife".
    Forum Member
    The last 2 years of the charscter were dire with her moaning and whining all over the place. Without her death she would just have been remembered as granny's "other wife".

Lets see her husband batters her, continually mocks her and tells her how worthless she is in comparison to Sharon then her mother has an affair with her husband and you don't expect her to moan or whine about it? :eek:

Tiffany had so much more mileage in her,whenever I rewatch "Love Actually" at Christmas I imagine Natalie as how Tiffany would have been had she lived.

Tiff & Bee was the best female friendship Albert Square ever had imho
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Tiffany was great and her friendship with Bianca still stands out for me. I liked her with Grant too.
    It was a shame they killed her off, it would have been good to see her and Courtney back in the show now that Bianca has returned.
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, I was only 4 at the time of Tiff's death, yet I remember it all so clearly
  • funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »
    Woah, I was only 4 at the time of Tiff's death, yet I remember it all so clearly

You watched EE when you were a four-year-old tot. It must have scared you seeing Tiff's death:(.
    Forum Member
    Lets see her husband batters her, continually mocks her and tells her how worthless she is in comparison to Sharon then her mother has an affair with her husband and you don't expect her to moan or whine about it? :eek:

Tiffany had so much more mileage in her,whenever I rewatch "Love Actually" at Christmas I imagine Natalie as how Tiffany would have been had she lived.

Tiff & Bee was the best female friendship Albert Square ever had imho

No I dont - I expect her to grow up and get some backbone; but she kept letting Grant treat her like crap and somehow expected him to change????? :eek:

And thus part of the reason why there was NO mileage left in her character. Had the producers felt there were lots of places left to go they wouldnt not have axed her; but they realised she was an extremely one-dimensional character, who was repeating the same storylines by the end of her tenure. Killing her off was the best thing to do and that's why it was done.

It is only killing characters off-screen that is stupid. Killing Tiffany is NOT among that number - she is not cindy beale or angie watts. Killing her off cemented her tragic persona; without her dramatic fate she would not be so fondly remembered or considered so great.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,470
    Forum Member
    lol was just speaking about this in another thread regarding kathy beale and i still sy they can bring her back they have killed off nearly the whole original cast and she was the one person that could have come back.

Lol oh I've not seen that thread yet:)! As much as I loved Kathy though, I just can't see how they could bring her back without it seeming ridiculous, yes even for EE!! Lol

Incidentally, did you hear Gillian Taylforth is rumoured to be going in Celeb Big Brother this Thursday? Hope it's true:)!
    Forum Member
    No I dont - I expect her to grow up and get some backbone; but she kept letting Grant treat her like crap and somehow expected him to change????? :eek:

And thus part of the reason why there was NO mileage left in her character. Had the producers felt there were lots of places left to go they wouldnt not have axed her; but they realised she was an extremely one-dimensional character, who was repeating the same storylines by the end of her tenure. Killing her off was the best thing to do and that's why it was done.

It is only killing characters off-screen that is stupid. Killing Tiffany is NOT among that number - she is not cindy beale or angie watts. Killing her off cemented her tragic persona; without her dramatic fate she would not be so fondly remembered or considered so great.

Grow up? she was only between the ages of 18 & 22 years old when she was on the show, pretty much still a child. What did you expect from a girl at that age against someone like Grant? I am sure had Tiff returned years later she'd have matured and changed quite alot.

Oh and Martine McCutcheon left EastEnders for a million pound record deal with Virgin Records, hardly axed. :rolleyes:

You seem very bitter, are you a big fan of Sharon by any chance?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »

lol me and you are the same we both remember soaps from young ages lool:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of cours it's my opinion - whose other is it going to be???

Tiff was an average charscter played by an average actress who now does yogurt commercials or some such.

well just remember she didnt come in the show moaning if you watch tiffany from 1994-1996 she was bubbly and young until she got with grant. she was more the moaning type in 1997 and 1998 but who could blame her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol oh I've not seen that thread yet:)! As much as I loved Kathy though, I just can't see how they could bring her back without it seeming ridiculous, yes even for EE!! Lol

Incidentally, did you hear Gillian Taylforth is rumoured to be going in Celeb Big Brother this Thursday? Hope it's true:)!

yes i did along with lindsey lohan appprently im looking forward to it lool.
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grow up? she was only between the ages of 18 & 22 years old when she was on the show, pretty much still a child. What did you expect from a girl at that age against someone like Grant? I am sure had Tiff returned years later she'd have matured and changed quite alot.

Oh and Martine McCutcheon left EastEnders for a million pound record deal with Virgin Records, hardly axed. :rolleyes:

haha you beat me to it telling that poster that she wasnt axed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I miss Dennis :(
    Forum Member

She was axed - what are you smoking? She did not want to leave and heard about her axing on the radio for god's sake.

Please Joan of Arc had saved France from England by the time she was 19. It has NOTHING to do with age and everything to do with experience. Tiffany was an idiot; she kept enduring the same behaviour from Grant and didnt have the common sense to remove herself from the situation.

And why would being a fan of Sharon make me bitter about Tiffany. EE has established time and time again that Sharon was the love of Grant's life? Sharon is a bigger character; more iconic, and involved in bigger storylines. Why would I be bitter. Weird. Sounds to me you are the one who is better - you seem extremely defensive regarding the realities of Tiffany as a character and her departure.

Face it, she was always second fiddle and has been completely forgotten about.