Sky is now rolling out a new Router to new Fibre Broadband customers

joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
Forum Member
I had a meeting today with my Sky contact and he said that Sky are currently lunching a new Router to new Fibre Broadband customers starting from today,
which will intergrate the BT Openreach Modem and the Sky Router in one unit so you do not need to have BT Openreach install their Modem first before you can connect the Sky Router

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's being sent out for the self install trial run by Openreach. I can't see it being launched fully until this trial has concluded.
  • Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's being sent out for the self install trial run by Openreach. I can't see it being launched fully until this trial has concluded.

It is now available to buy for existing customers, for £69 (via the upgrades section on mysky.com). I would like it, but not sure I can justify the expense, as it offers no extra functionality to my exIsting hub, however, black would match the rest of my AV kit & I like the idea of ditching the Openreach modem (less wires & clutter). Might wait till I can pick up a cheap one on eBay.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a meeting today with my Sky contact and he said that Sky are currently lunching a new Router to new Fibre Broadband customers starting from today,
    which will intergrate the BT Openreach Modem and the Sky Router in one unit so you do not need to have BT Openreach install their Modem first before you can connect the Sky Router

"sky contact" oh how you make us all laugh.
    based on your track record of gaffs and inaccuracies then it would seem your contact is possibly the toilet cleaner in the sky staff canteen.

however, the new combined sky fibre router is not new news. it was been widely known about for quite some time.
  • Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Sky contact informs me that the new router is now on the Sky website at:

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    "sky contact" oh how you make us all laugh.
    based on your track record of gaffs and inaccuracies then it would seem your contact is possibly the toilet cleaner in the sky staff canteen.

however, the new combined sky fibre router is not new news. it was been widely known about for quite some time.

No, my Sky contact is not the toilet cleaner in the staff canteen, he works for Sky and gets all the books and stuff, he is a proper employee of Sky
    and I have just hired him as I ditched the old one

All my Sky contacts are volunteers, I do not pay them, so they cannot be biased one way or the other
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, my Sky contact is not the toilet cleaner in the staff canteen, he works for Sky and gets all the books and stuff, he is a proper employee of Sky
    and I have just hired him as I ditched the old one

All my Sky contacts are volunteers, I do not pay them, so they cannot be biased one way or the other

hired him..... oh the hilarity.
    if nothing else at least you make us all laugh.