Transfer deadline day - Closes 23:00 Monday

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Absolutely, If you can afford it within FFP then fair play to united, get the money spent.

2012 52 million (Jones, DDG, Young)
    2013 63 million (kagawa, RVP, Buttner, Henrique, Zaha)
    2014 68 million (Fellaini, Mata)
    2015 131 million (herrera, shaw, rojo, di maria)

Plus whatever Falcao is loaned/ sold for.

Thats HUGE spending.

It is about time that we came out of the shadows so to speak, and proved just how big a club financially we really are.

It is huge spending, as we are a huge club!

For too long we have sat back and watched others buy players that were well within our grasp financially, and now we have woken up.

FFP was always going to be in our benefit, as commercially in this country, we are top dogs, (as the big new sponsorship deal proved) so as long as we stick within those guidelines, then this spending is good to see.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stoke will win the Wrong'un Count hands down.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Supposedly City have to sell several players to raise enough to buy Falcao within FFP.

United with their kit sponsors Adidas, will need CL football next season and are doing everything in the power to ensure that happens.
    Of course which would mean one of Arsenal and Liverpool to drop out.

Not sure it'll be that quite simple though with all these signings.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a sort of neutral perspective, it makes the striker situation at United quite interesting. Rooney will always play when fit and you'd assume Falcao will now be his preferred strike partner.

RVP will now be third choice I suppose - would he really want that?

Especially in a season where United only have two competitions to concentrate on.

What odds on Wenger making a play to take him back to the Emirates on loan?
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Everton can do sone kinda deal for Nastasic, We really need defenders, Distin has been good, but he is getting a bit old now.
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Javier Hernandez out on loan to Real Madrid. Yes i know but i have doubled checked it and the rumour is he is flying out their. He must like benches or something you think he would move to a team that he would be first choice in.

Micah Richards has landed in Florence ahead of a potential move. Micah is a good player just not given fair chance on the field this could be a good move for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is DJ Campbell moving to, normally happens every window
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Very interesting that Falcao's going to United. He'd surely be an answer to Arsenal's woes!
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    Javier Hernandez out on loan to Real Madrid. Yes i know but i have doubled checked it and the rumour is he is flying out their. He must like benches or something you think he would move to a team that he would be first choice in.

Absolutely bizarre!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricardo Alvarez close to signing for Sunderland from Inter - great signing.
  • ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First loon just appeared at Man U training ground

there's an even bigger loon at liverpools training ground
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This made me smile Man Utd looking to finally ditch 3-5-2 in a effort to get all attacking players on the pitch along side the new signings

https://twitter.com/bbc606/status/506382510767742976
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gawping masses are gathering at Newcastle.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    God I hate the transfer window at times. Overtaken the actual football in terms of prominence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    The gawping masses are gathering at Newcastle.

The lady in blue seems more looney than the kids.

Hatem Ben Arfa had been linked with Birmingham, thought they didn't have 2 penny's to scrape together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Arsene Wenger is at a charity match in Vatican City today. Don't hold your breath for another striker Arsenal fans.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stoke always have the best degenerates milling about although they told Sky not to bother turning up as they won't be doing any business. Probably just to save millions from seeing that fat, greasy guy smoking a roll up with a dog on a string.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Falcao joins Man Utd on loan, Hernandez possibly going to Real Madrid on loan, some sort of double dealing deal going on there where Falcao may end up going to Real Madrid when loan is over.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Apparently Arsene Wenger is at a charity match in Vatican City today. Don't hold your breath for another striker Arsenal fans.

Just heard that - while a manager isn't required on site it does help!

Utd front line is going to be ancient!

Rooney 29 next month
    RvP 31
    Falcao 28
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Just heard that - while a manager isn't required on site it does help!

Utd front line is going to be ancient!

Rooney 29 next month
    RvP 31
    Falcao 28

"You don't win anything with oldies"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't Monaco in the Champions League this year? I don't get Falcao...
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They cutting back on spending and its a good excuse to get some very high wages off the books
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Monaco project is in tatters since the owner got taken to the cleaners in a divorce
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh transfer deadline...wonder which poor terrified looking female Sky Sports reporter Sky will send to Stoke to report on transfer activities standing before those gremlins in the background.. I love this day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »
    Ahhh transfer deadline...wonder which poor terrified looking female Sky Sports reporter Sky will send to Stoke to report on transfer activities standing before those gremlins in the background.. I love this day.

The only female reporter around seems to be Gail Davis at Swansea

Jim White and Natalie Sawyer, live from Loftus Road, where they could have regular updates from Harry would be different