Options

R.I.P Precious Baby

BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
R.I.P Gloworm, my 3.5month old BSH kitten was very sadly put to sleep today following a fall from a cat scratching post (it was only a small one) I'm struggling to understand how this has happened and not coping very well with losing my little guy.
R.I.P baby boy, mummy loves you and will always miss you

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    R.I.P Gloworm, my 3.5month old BSH kitten was very sadly put to sleep today following a fall from a cat scratching post (it was only a small one) I'm struggling to understand how this has happened and not coping very well with losing my little guy.

Ohh I have just seen this in another thread. I am so, so sorry. What a huge shock.

R.I.P Gloworm. :cry:
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that is so sad, poor little boy and poor you, my heart goes out to you. xxxxx
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh no this is such sad news, what a shame for such a young little cutie too. I am looking for our british shorthair who I can't find just now, she was one year old last week and I want to give her a headrub.

So sorry to hear about this and i can't believe how it could have happened. Do you have any pictures??

Poor poor little baby. Thinking about you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    034-1.jpg
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    034-1.jpg

He is just adorable. Poor little cutie and poor you and your other cats.:cry:

Lots of Love And Headrubs. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's so very sad. :(

Poor wee mite.
  • Options
    wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad :(

RIP little Glowworm, he was a beautiful little lad :cry:
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

Goodness, this is just too sad. :cry: Poor little mite. How do we cope at times like this??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Goodness, this is just too sad. :cry: Poor little mite. How do we cope at times like this??

At the moment, I have no idea as I'm not coping, I feel like I'm just about surviving :(
  • Options
    lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's so sad. It's somehow worse when they're so very young. He was so sweet.

RIP little Gloworm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Aww I am so so sorry to hear about our baby Glow-worm. Massive hugs to you Xxx
  • Options
    Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, that is awful for you. So very very sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am realy sorry bellaroo my heart goes out too you so much.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    Im so sorry I know how you feel my cat was put to sleep yesterday
  • Options
    flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats is so very sad. My heart goes out to you Bellarooo. RIP sweet little Gloworm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry Bellaroo, what an awful thing to happen.

RIP Gloworm.

Thinking of you today Bellaroo, take care of yourself.

DC
    xx

So sorry for you too welshsarah, it's horrible when we have to take that decision for our pets but it's the last and kindest thing we can do for them.

Hugs to both of you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So, so sorry to hear this Bellarooo, Gloworm was a beautiful little kitten, what a sad thing to happen.

You may not have had him for very long, but he will live on in your heart forever.

RIP Gloworm
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I'm very sorry to hear this. It's always so sad when we lose pets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, our first night without Gloworm was awful, his brother was crying and my daughter is distraught and asking why we took Gloworm away from her, I keep breaking down :-( I have only ever gone through this once before with my 2 year old Moggy Tia who was still young but I never dreamed I'd be doing it to a 3month old kitten :-( my head is so messed up
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, our first night without Gloworm was awful, his brother was crying and my daughter is distraught and asking why we took Gloworm away from her, I keep breaking down :-( I have only ever gone through this once before with my 2 year old Moggy Tia who was still young but I never dreamed I'd be doing it to a 3month old kitten :-( my head is so messed up

Oh sweetheart - I remember your threads about Tia.

What awful luck you have had.

But please try to take some solice in the fact that you have made both Tia and Gloworm very happy in their short lives....

I can only imagine how shocked you must be, especially given the nature of Gloworm's accident.

I can only extend my sympathies and send some big cyber hugs your way.

xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sweetheart - I remember your threads about Tia.

What awful luck you have had.

But please try to take some solice in the fact that you have made both Tia and Gloworm very happy in their short lives....

I can only imagine how shocked you must be, especially given the nature of Gloworm's accident.

I can only extend my sympathies and send some big cyber hugs your way.

xxxxxxxx

Thanks hun, losing Tia broke my heart and I feel like I neglected Gloworm, maybe if I hadn't left the room I could have catched him so he wouldn't have hurt himself, I can still see the hurt look he had in his eyes when I held him, I didn't have him for very long but the love he gave me will stay with me my whole life just like it has with Tia
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I lost a kitten to a car accident a few years ago so know how you feel.

I know it's a cliche but things will get better over the following months and years though you never forget them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks hun, losing Tia broke my heart and I feel like I neglected Gloworm, maybe if I hadn't left the room I could have catched him so he wouldn't have hurt himself, I can still see the hurt look he had in his eyes when I held him, I didn't have him for very long but the love he gave me will stay with me my whole life just like it has with Tia

It wasn't your fault and don't think for a second it was.

You sound like a wonderful 'cat Mum' but Gloworm just had an unfortunate accident. It's a hard enough time for you without you blaming yourself!!

I hope you other puss helps you find a little peace in this horrid time and of course you will never forget Tia and Gloworm

xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't your fault and don't think for a second it was.

You sound like a wonderful 'cat Mum' but Gloworm just had an unfortunate accident. It's a hard enough time for you without you blaming yourself!!

I hope you other puss helps you find a little peace in this horrid time and of course you will never forget Tia and Gloworm

xxxx

I honestly have no idea how it even happened, it was so quick and I really don't understand how a small fall has killed my baby :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly have no idea how it even happened, it was so quick and I really don't understand how a small fall has killed my baby :(

In time maybe you can discuss it with the vet as I agree it is a little odd?

Maybe Gloworm had some sort of condition? Or maybe he just fell awkwardly but the fact is it happened and nothing could have changed or prevented it, so please do not go down the route of self blame - it will just make grieving harder?

I hope you can take comfort that Gloworm was at home, in familiar surroundings and with you when it happened - I am sure he will be glad of that! BUT there was nothing you could have done differently. Kittens climb darling, this was not your fault :o

I feel for you, I really do. It is so tough losing a pet, but losing them so suddenly and tragically must make it feel even worse.

Please take care of yourself and your other kitty and your daughter - settle down tonight and have a nice cuddle all of you together

xxxxxxx