Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Comments

• daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this It's the only new show that looks worth bothering with this season.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    So glad that Sky are showing it close to the US as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    As title says anyone watching it ?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving it as I have watched the first 2 episodes. Hope it does well here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going to give it a go. i liked smallville and i'm a comic book fan. just hope this ends up better than the trailers.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    This is a surprisingly strong show. Liking it so far. Although I'm a comic fan I dont know much about the character. Spotted David Nutter is directing. He directed a lot of Star Trek NG.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not likening this 8pm slot I swear stuff is being cut
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they film this and continuum at the same time lol the same people are showing up :)
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is pretty good so far , but the ads are bloody annoying ,probably sky plus the rest of the series to skip the ads
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Crikey, this could be the best superhero series ever!! I thought it was going to be rubbish but it's well written and well acted. A must see!! Feel sorry for that Digs guy though. He's just trying to do his job! But there again, he could be one of his mum's cronies. Never saw that twist coming!! :D
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it a lot too, think I'll be sticking with it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Crikey, this could be the best superhero series ever!! I thought it was going to be rubbish but it's well written and well acted. A must see!! Feel sorry for that Digs guy though. He's just trying to do his job! But there again, he could be one of his mum's cronies. Never saw that twist coming!! :D

The 2nd episode is even better than the pilot! And I have heard snippets of what is coming. Stephen Amell is so excited about the show, I think he may be the hopeful actor ever at the moment. He just wants it to do well so badly! He has said that the first few episodes is all introductory, and then they focus on the other characters and then it gets VERY intense. Can't wait to see that happen.
  • horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main character is really clever - since he's been stranded on the island, he's learnt not only to be an expert in archery and martial arts, he's also an expert computer hacker - despite not seeing a computer in five years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He might have been that before he was stranded
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horsepills wrote: »
    The main character is really clever - since he's been stranded on the island, he's learnt not only to be an expert in archery and martial arts, he's also an expert computer hacker - despite not seeing a computer in five years!

True about the computer bit :p but he went through to hell and back and must have been properly challenged on the island to learn all the martial arts and everything. It makes more sense in the 2nd episode, and after what I saw on that episode, I cannot wait for Episode 3.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have recorded it (so as to skip ads) hope it's good, got a soft spot for The Green Arrow. Shame DC have decided to go the tv route and not the "Supermax" film thats been in the pipeline forever. Would like to have seen GA in the JLA movie as well.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Excellent news, I'm really enjoying this show as I am a big fan ol' GA :)
  • horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    He might have been that before he was stranded

Seriously?? The combat stuff I can live with, but to think someone could be away from technology for five years then suddenly come back and instantly hack into someone's finances is ludicrous.

I'm not knocking the show overall, I enjoyed it - but the computer stuff was really OTT. Five years is a lifetime in terms of computer hacking. Anyone that thinks that was plausible is insane.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    horsepills wrote: »
    Seriously?? The combat stuff I can live with, but to think someone could be away from technology for five years then suddenly come back and instantly hack into someone's finances is ludicrous.

I'm not knocking the show overall, I enjoyed it - but the computer stuff was really OTT. Five years is a lifetime in terms of computer hacking. Anyone that thinks that was plausible is insane.

I understand what your saying but as the previous poster said we don't know what Oliver Queen knew in regards to computer tech before he was stranded, yes five years from technology is a long time but he may have been some M.I.T grad or something like that beforehand, also alot went on on the island and he may have gained some super Intelligence power which allows him to instantley look or read up on something and know is right away..... just saying :)

Already seen episode 2 and it's much better than the pilot, plus a 'omg' scene at the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    I understand what your saying but as the previous poster said we don't know what Oliver Queen knew in regards to computer tech before he was stranded, yes five years from technology is a long time but he may have been some M.I.T grad or something like that beforehand, also alot went on on the island and he may have gained some super Intelligence power which allows him to instantley look or read up on something and know is right away..... just saying :)

Already seen episode 2 and it's much better than the pilot, plus a 'omg' scene at the end.

Agreed. So confused by it. Can't wait.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rather enjoyed it myself ..... but perhaps he should use more weaponry like a boomerang or something other than his bow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    rather enjoyed it myself ..... but perhaps he should use more weaponry like a boomerang or something other than his bow!

He said on Facebook that the first few episodes he was only restricted to do certain things and certain moves. They then decided he was learning quick and taught him more complicated moves... so I reckon it could be the same with the weapons he uses. He stated that he isn't always going to use the bow.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    He said on Facebook that the first few episodes he was only restricted to do certain things and certain moves. They then decided he was learning quick and taught him more complicated moves... so I reckon it could be the same with the weapons he uses. He stated that he isn't always going to use the bow.
    hehe nice :D

also like the style he jumps ..... like a flying pike :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. not brilliant but it has potential. Only thing i would say is the supporting cast aren't exactly that good. Stephen Amell's performance was a lot better than I expected.

oh and here's hoping
    Dinah goes blonde if she eventually becomes black canary