"scum of the earth" arson attack on Harlow Islamic Centre

Comments

• Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Not surprising really.

I expect we'll be seeing a lot more of this in the coming months and years.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    What difference does it make if it is the EDL or the BNP? They are both scum.

The insinuation is that the members of the mosque set fire to it themselves to elicit sympathy ..

If Muslims are possibly involved in any kind of violent attack, certain people accept it without question on the flimsiest evidence and hearsay and trot out the usual anti-Islamic catchphrases and buzzwords.

If Muslims are the ones being targeted then they did it themselves apparently ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    It was great to see the MP condemn the perps of this unequivocally - quite brave to call them "scum of the earth" (which is what they are...).

I'm not sure that what tothegrand about the EDL and BNP expelling extremists who do this says is actually the case, given the lengthy criminal record for a variety of similar offences of their membership. I assume tothegrand saying "we should wait" is possibly implying they did this themselves ? The video evidence should be conclusive.

Yes I am, as well am implying it could of been anyone. I am saying we don't know who did it, and its easy to say. "It was the BNP/EDL".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The insinuation is that the members of the mosque set fire to it themselves to elicit sympathy ..

If Muslims are possibly involved in any kind of violent attack, certain people accept it without question on the flimsiest evidence and hearsay and trot out the usual anti-Islamic catchphrases and buzzwords.

If Muslims are the ones being targeted then they did it themselves apparently ..

Much the say way as people except it was the BNP or EDL.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Yes I am, as well am implying it could of been anyone. I am saying we don't know who did it, and its easy to say. "It was the BNP/EDL".

It's also almost certainly correct that someone either a member of, sympathetic to or associated with these organisations did it.
    Forum Member
    Much the say way as people except it was the BNP or EDL.

Because most BNP and EDL people are extremists and most Muslims aren't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also almost certainly correct that someone either a member of, sympathetic to or associated with these organisations did it.

Why?...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because most BNP and EDL people are extremists and most Muslims aren't.

Well I would dispute that every single member of those organisations is an extremist.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    At one time the usual suspects would be EDL or BNP but now that problems are overspilling from the Mid East to this country you can't rule out the possibility that it could be members from one of the many different communities living here.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I would dispute that every single member of those organisations is an extremist.

The organisations in themselves are extreme so it's hardly a surprise that their membership would fit that description. Of course, the post you're quoting doesn't make the claim that 'every single member' is extremist anyway.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member

I am not conviced that a website with a sidebar index of catagories which includes:
    • Crimes against children by Muslims
    • Mohammed’s life and start of the cult
    • Muslim sex and sexual perversions
    • Racism & persecution by Muslims
    • Sympathisers + defenders of Islam, traitors + commies
    • The book of evil and its teachings
    is really going to provide us with the kind of unbiased and factual coverage I would be looking for on an issue like this tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    The organisations in themselves are extreme so it's hardly a surprise that their membership would fit that description. Of course, the post you're quoting doesn't make the claim that 'every single member' is extremist anyway.

Sorry, I must of misread it.
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title "kafircrusaders" was enough to tell me it wasn't worth clicking on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    I am not conviced that a website with a sidebar index of catagories which includes:
    is really going to provide us with the kind of unbiased and factual coverage I would be looking for on an issue like this tbh

To be honest I just found the link on Google and posted it.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    How comes stoatie's dick turned up and my tw*t was censored?? Sexist that.

It is.
    Forum Member
    To be honest I just found the link on Google and posted it.

Fair enough, but that website consists solely of pretty heavy anti Islam rhetoric, it has about as much credibility as the Klu Klux Klan in terms of the accuracy of it's content.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough, but that website consists solely of pretty heavy anti Islam rhetoric, it has about as much credibility as the Klu Klux Klan in terms of the accuracy of it's content.

I would not be surprised if the EDL were responsible, nor would I be surprised if it were an insurance scam.

But what would worry me is if (note the if) it's the second, it's not reported as widely as the attack/fire was in the first place.

It's a pretty serious thing to do to use current tensions in an attempt to cover arson.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What part is lies?

Of course any Holy buildings defaced etc is wrong.

And that includes the many that took part recently in Egypt and Nigeria.
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Edf??

I meant EDL. :D

Yes well thats been said before and it wasn't them was it unless The Ukraine is now part of England
    Sorry that has already been mentioned
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So if you were to be asked in court for the names and addresses of those responsible, what would you say, precisely ?
    Why?...

I agree with you, tothegrand. There is not yet hard evidence eitherway for Harlow or Muswell Hill.

"Evidence" is a very inconvenient word for those who have a strong agenda to peddle eitherway. But is is absolutely vital if we are to avoid a lynch mob mentality.
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    So if you were to be asked in court for the names and addresses of those responsible, what would you say, precisely ?.
    Probably an EDL or BNP member, given the MO.

I agree with you, tothegrand. There is not yet hard evidence eitherway for Harlow or Muswell Hill.
    Yes, and therefore, they must have done it themselves.
    "Evidence" is a very inconvenient word for those who have a strong agenda to peddle eitherway. But is is absolutely vital if we are to avoid a lynch mob mentality.

The EDL and BNP are the very essence of lynch mob mentality.
    Forum Member
    I would not be surprised if the EDL were responsible, nor would I be surprised if it were an insurance scam.

But what would worry me is if (note the if) it's the second, it's not reported as widely as the attack/fire was in the first place.

It's a pretty serious thing to do to use current tensions in an attempt to cover arson.

I agree that it would be an irresponsible thing to do given the current tensions. Equally irresponsible to report it as true with no evidence though I would think

My point is that at the moment the only source we have been offered for this theory is a website so very biased that it has no credibility at all as a source of facts, it would be like believing the KKK on race or the Westbro Baptist church on homosexuality.

If this was indeed what happened I would expect to see reports of it in the more mainstream press. That we haven't doesn't indicate to me that there is some pro Muslim agenda at work in the media, it simply tells me that it has not been proved to be true at this point.
    Forum Member
    getzls wrote: »
    What part is lies?

Of course any Holy buildings defaced etc is wrong.

And that includes the many that took part recently in Egypt and Nigeria.

Really? You genuinely can't see why that website is problematic as a source of facts?

Enough said.
  • Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The EDL and BNP are the very essence of lynch mob mentality.

You should take a look at the UAF. They're just as bad, if not worse !