New Prodigy album announced

AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a619706/the-prodigy-announce-new-album-the-day-is-my-enemy.html#~p0Glx9eKr7dVGz

The Day Is My Enemy

Anyone else really looking forward to this? It's been a few years since Invaders Must Die, so it'll be interesting to see where they go with this new one.

Comments

• shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went through the original punk era, ska, goth, new romantic, shoegazing, house, grunge etc and loved it all so I really should like The Prodigy.... But I really don't :o:confused:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Hopefully there will be a tour to go with it as well. Last tour was epic.
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully there will be a tour to go with it as well. Last tour was epic.

I saw them live last time they played Glastonbury, and it was totally spoiled for me by Maxim continually shouting about "Glastonbury Warriors" throughout the whole performance. I heard he did similar at Milton Keynes when they played there too, so I'm not too fussed about seeing them live after that, but I've loved every album they've put out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    I went through the original punk era, ska, goth, new romantic, shoegazing, house, grunge etc and loved it all so I really should like The Prodigy.... But I really don't :o:confused:

Each to their own i guess. What do you think of dance music in general, and "rave music" in particular?
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liked their first three albums, didn't think much of the last two, but will probably give this new one a listen.

What was the teaser trailer for the album all about? It mostly consisted of high pitch noise and looked more like a trailer for a live performance.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Asarualim wrote: »
    I saw them live last time they played Glastonbury, and it was totally spoiled for me by Maxim continually shouting about "Glastonbury Warriors" throughout the whole performance. I heard he did similar at Milton Keynes when they played there too, so I'm not too fussed about seeing them live after that, but I've loved every album they've put out.

For me the live element is what makes it but I suppose I can understand why it would annoy people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the live element is what makes it but I suppose I can understand why it would annoy people.

I love the Prodigy live normally, I've seen them a few times previously, and that's what motivated me to climb out of my tent on a massive comedown to go see them at Glastonbury, but the continual "Warriors" stuff just annoyed me and detracted from the music itself.
  • digipersondigiperson Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New single Nasty premieres on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1 at around 7.30 tonight!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Pre-Order Album from the official store or iTunes and receive Nasty within 24 hours.
    Here's the video:
    http://youtu.be/xB_nKpEkILs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Pre-Order Album from the official store or iTunes and receive Nasty within 24 hours.
    Here's the video:
    http://youtu.be/xB_nKpEkILs

Average!
    Forum Member
    Next track off the album folks, I really like this one.
    The Day Is My Enemy
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Next track off the album folks, I really like this one.
    The Day Is My Enemy

I like that a lot.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The single Nasty isn't doing it for me. It just sounds dated and Prodigy by-the-numbers.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    The single Nasty isn't doing it for me. It just sounds dated and Prodigy by-the-numbers.

Yeah sounds like Omen to me. The other track linked also sounds like a mish mash of other Prodigy songs.

Makes me sigh. Great group and all but they'll never recapture that originality they had back in the day. And that makes me feel old.
    Forum Member