Racism? (merged)

debidebi Posts: 3,288
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have I got it wrong or is Jade of mixed race, surely she cannot be racist? I do however think she has been a bit cruel though :confused:

Comments

• snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,083
    Forum Member
    Anyone can be racist !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed race?...more like mixed up :D
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Not this again! You can be racist regardless of your own background!
  • SPECKLEDUSTSPECKLEDUST Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Racism is not exclusive to white people. :yawn:
  • dugqdugq Posts: 4,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most racist (in this case anti-semetic) person I have ever met was black.

I'm sorry OP but you are extremely naive
  • debidebi Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone can be racist !!
    Yea of course but if she is of mixed race and maybe someone will confirm that or not it cannot be Shilpas colour that is a problem? Hope I have not offended anyone, just making a point :cool:
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious? Anyone can be racist? And Jade and Shilpa are different races hence the possiblity of racism.

Disclaimer: Everything I say is alleged
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dugq wrote:
    The most racist (in this case anti-semetic) person I have ever met was black.

I'm sorry OP but you are extremely naive

Correct and isn't the current most racist regime that of Mugabe lead Zimbabwe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I don't understand your question.
    What has the fact that she's mixed-race got to do with her views on other races/nationalities?
    Don't forget, she is the product not only of her father, but also of her mother (and we all know only too well the views of her mother). Furthermore, she belongs to a section of our society, a sub-culture, that is bound by ignorance, self-importance and intolerance.
    Lastly, mixed-race she may be, but half Indian she is not.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It didn't stop Saskia, she was quite happy to harp on 'I can't be racist because Im half Sri Lankan, but I don't like immigrants'.
  • crikilburncrikilburn Posts: 1,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can be black and you can be racist to white people, or you can be white and be racist to asian people, etc... It doesn't matter were you come from or what race you are, you can still be capable of being racist!
    I am fed up of this naivety! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debi wrote:
    Yea of course but if she is of mixed race and maybe someone will confirm that or not it cannot be Shilpas colour that is a problem? Hope I have not offended anyone, just making a point :cool:

Given her views though it raises interesting questions about Jades mother does it not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    debi wrote:
    Have I got it wrong or is Jade of mixed race, surely she cannot be racist? I do however think she has been a bit cruel though :confused:

Black people can be racist about indian people numbnuts... :rolleyes:

In the same way that chinese people can be racist about Japanese... :rolleyes:

Is this Jakie Goody online? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    debi wrote:
    Have I got it wrong or is Jade of mixed race, surely she cannot be racist?
    Anyone can be a racist. Also, one might be a racist towards people of a certain race, but not to people of other races.

To complicate this matter further, there are some who are racist towards people of their own race, e.g. a white young man is hostile to 'white' people, preferring to hang out with black people; or in a way, a Japanese-Korean against a Japanese person.
  • XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debi wrote:
    A person of mixed race can be racist. Anyone can be racist.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member
    Unconcious Racism (John McCririck - Sky News earlier) if any Racism at all!
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    debi wrote:

If you think racism is only about colour I suggest you do a bit of research about the attempted genocide in Rwanda before digging yourself a deeper hole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    debi wrote:

She has forgotten her genes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    debi wrote:

Sorry - are you living in Britain 2007? Racism is about discriminating against someone because of their racial background not their colour.

So it is quite possible for someone from Pakistan to be 'racist' towards someone from India even though they share the same skin colour and indeed in my experience often happens.

It is a common misconception in the UK that racism is a issue only for 'white' people 'against' 'black' people. My husband is Asian and he feels demeaned by being described as black because he sees himself as brown. Meanwhile my daughter has been bullied at school by other Asian classmates as being not 'Islamic' / true to her Asian roots.

Any race / racial mix can be racist towards another!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    debi wrote:

Unbelievable. Please educate yourself in these matters. I'm not attacking you but this sounds like something Jade would say and that's scary :eek:
  • chatschats Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has she said to be racist it has more been Danni and joe with comments and Indian impressions Jade has more been unpleasant and yes intimidating in her usual primitive mannor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,961
    Forum Member
    debi wrote:
    Dear Lord - no wonder racists get away with what they do with your thinking! Are you real?
  • Daniel_HatcherDaniel_Hatcher Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Of course she can be racist. She's not. But she still can be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whispers wrote:
    Dear Lord - no wonder racists get away with what they do with your thinking! Are you real?
    That's not fair. At least she's trying to find out by asking. We should praise her for that.
  • jim4bbjim4bb Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debi wrote:

I don't believe it is her colour that is the problem, at the end of the day she is of a different class, this is where the problem lies.

Jade is not the brightest button in the box, Shilpa is clever and articulate. Jade is not the prettiest girl on the planet, Shilpa is attractive. Its not difficult to work out what the problem is. All this talk of bullying and racism is a load of twaddle, it pure and simple jealousy.
This discussion has been closed.