Westlife miming in concert shocker!!!

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me laugh that people defend mimers by saying that a lot of fans go to see the dance routines. If that is the case, go and see a dedicated dance show. If I wanted to see good dance routines I certainly would not pay £49 to see Cheryl flamin' Cole!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely don't understand why people would knowingly pay for a concert where the artist would mime - just put the cd on and save yourself the money!
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how do I hate her :confused:, she is not relevent enough to hate, could not name even one of her songs.

Not relevant. Hmm, virtually every magazine, news website, concert venue, entertainment website, blog, music journal, record sales chart, digital download chart, her several million twitter followers and the music world at large seem to disagree with you on that. Who do you consider to be 'relevant'? I really wonder....:rolleyes:

The fact that you can't name one of her songs simply means that you're out of touch with the current pop music scene, given how many weeks her hits have clocked up on the charts. I don't see how you burying your head in the sand is a reflection on her relevance. Besides which, how you can have visited this site so many times and not heard of or seen any of the news or threads on 'Bad Romance', 'Poker Face' or 'Born This Way' is frankly, amazing.

You seem remarkably well versed on recent chart figures and sales figures too. You'd have thought you might have stumbled upon a Lady Gaga song title in amongst there, but somehow, against all odds, you didn't. It buggers all logic to be honest.
    People who go to watch these sort of artists and more caught up in the shows they put on rather then what songs they may be singing live or not, most dont care less.

No, you simply presume that to be the case because you've made it clear that you think they must be lacking in musical taste because they like someone you don't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Not relevant. Hmm, virtually every magazine, news website, concert venue, entertainment website, blog, music journal, record sales chart, digital download chart, her several million twitter followers and the music world at large seem to disagree with you on that. Who do you consider to be 'relevant'? I really wonder....:rolleyes:

She is a pop star, followed by pop fans, people who dont follow chart pop music would not take no more notice of her then sheryl cole or all the other plastic pop artists filling the chart, the music world dont disagree with me at all, only fans of her will.
    Magazines love stars like gaga who do attention seeking things, thats why she does it for thats why she gets headlines. Real artists just knuckle down and get on with it, they very rarely grab headlines.
    The fact that you can't name one of her songs simply means that you're out of touch with the current pop music scene,

I just dont follow it, hence why I could not name a gaga song, but thats not just picking on gaga, that would apply to most chart artists. But of course I would recognise gaga songs if I heard then on the radio but would not be able to say what they are called or what artist sang them
    No, you simply presume that to be the case because you've made it clear that you think they must be lacking in musical taste because they like someone you don't.

I dont care who likes gaga, my daughter does :), gaga is an in thing, a fad, a fashion accessory for teenagers to follow she dont come into my life one bit. If people like her its dont concern me one bit, its their choice, same with adele hysteria, I dont get it but it dont affect me. I dont listen to music I dont like, guess most are the same.

I dont really understand why you are bringing gaga love/hate stuff into this thread for anyway this is about westlife and pop artists not singing live, gaga was only mentioned in passing, I also said the same about madonna and britney not singing all their songs live and the comments are valid. This is just going off topic, feel free to set a new thread up about the love/hate of gaga.
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jodie- wrote: »
    I've been to about five different Westlife tours, & I don't recall them singing live at any of 'em.

Bloody hell.

They are an even bigger joke than I thought! :eek:
  • -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valere wrote: »
    Bloody hell.

They are an even bigger joke than I thought! :eek:

Maybe I'm being too harsh.
    There had to be a couple of songs sung live.

But I seriously don't remember! That says a lot too!