Regrets about nasty text

vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Is there anyone clued up on mobiles who can help...

Yesterday I was trying to contact my ex about an ongoing issue. I've been told by others that he has blocked my number.

When I called him it rang once and then I was put through to voicemail.
But when I out 141 in front of his number, it rang a number of times and he answered, which made me think that the 141 got around the blocking thing.

Later after a few glasses of wine I sent him a nasty text, still with 141 in front of his number. I now regret sending it. I've been told you can't withold your number from texts, so will my text have been blocked? There's nothing to suggest it has, no 'failed' notification or anything.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it went through when you called with 141 in front of the number, the text probably went through aswell. Just leave things be now and DO NOT, under any circumstance contact him again. He clearly doesn't want to hear from you for whatever reason, so leave him to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    No you can't withhold your number for text messages..Text yourself from your own phone without 141 and a text will arrive, text your self again (from your own phone) with 141 in front of the number and I guarantee it won't arrive.

What phone do you have? Have you checked the delivery reports.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried sending myself one and an alert popped up saying sorry you can not withold your number when sending a text message please try again. The message is showing as having been sent other than that alert which I dismissed. Save to say your message didn't go through.

My advice, delete his number and leave him alone
  • vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace GTS5830i. Usually when a text has been sent it comes up with a date and time when the message was delivered, just under the text (it comes up like chat screen).
    That's what happened with that text, so it looks just like a text that has sent.
    How do you check delivery reports? I don't have them switched on.

Edit: When I send a text to myself with 141 is comes up as failed...but that didn't come up in the message to my ex.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, you can text yourself!
    I'll never feel lonely again.
    Wait until I'm out next with someone - I'll really impress them.
    Beep! "Oh no, not another text!" :cool:
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget about it. If he got it, so what? Move on. Tomorrow is another day and all that. Delete his number.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace GTS5830i. Usually when a text has been sent it comes up with a date and time when the message was delivered, just under the text (it comes up like chat screen).
    That's what happened with that text, so it looks just like a text that has sent.
    How do you check delivery reports? I don't have them switched on.

Edit: When I send a text to myself with 141 is comes up as failed...but that didn't come up in the message to my ex.

I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. Whether he received it or not is irrelevant, he clearly wants to move on and so should you, so as others have said, delete his number.
    Forum Member
    How do you check delivery reports?

Press and hold the message for 3-4 seconds, select 'view details' it will display whether the message was received, if it was it will say the time it was received
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom4yorks wrote: »
    Press and hold the message for 3-4 seconds, select 'view details' it will display whether the message was received, if it was it will say the time it was received

Thanks...it says Sent: (date and time)and Delivery report: Not requested.

Ah well, guess I'll never know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder he's deleted/blocked you! Nutcase!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. Whether he received it or not is irrelevant, he clearly wants to move on and so should you, so as others have said, delete his number.

That's not what I asked for advice on though. Nobody here knows the circumstances or reasons why I was trying to contact him, so it's not for anyone to say whether I should move on or not. I just want to know whether the message was sent or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder he's deleted/blocked you! Nutcase!

And you know that I'm a nutcase how? The reason I'm trying to contact him is because he owes me quite a lot of money, which is also why he has blocked me.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And you know that I'm a nutcase how? The reason I'm trying to contact him is because he owes me quite a lot of money, which is also why he has blocked me.

Did you have an agreement as to how and when to pay it back? How much per week or month?

Have you evidence he started paying it back?

If you have no evidence, forget about it and move on.
    Forum Member
    Typo..
    Forum Member
    If that is the case I'd go here

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

This is the legal way to do it, not by harassment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not what I asked for advice on though. Nobody here knows the circumstances or reasons why I was trying to contact him, so it's not for anyone to say whether I should move on or not. I just want to know whether the message was sent or not.

That is part of the advice though. You won't know one way or the other if it categorically did go through, so just forget about it and move on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Did you have an agreement as to how and when to pay it back? How much per week or month?

Have you evidence he started paying it back?

If you have no evidence, forget about it and move on.

Agree with this. If you have something in written, stop contacting him directly and seek legal advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't intend to contact him anymore. I wanted to sort this out without getting personal, which is why I'm anxious about the text. Thanks for that link, may come in useful.