What Style / Group are you in ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    So am I. Will do anyway- people don't lose all their fashion sense when they hit 25.
    I categorise myself as eternal student. jeans and converse or flowery dresses and flats. Never heels.

Same as me i dont wear heels as i'm male

flowery dresses all the way though :D
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    scruffy hippy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why 13-25 year olds?
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elke21 wrote: »
    Why 13-25 year olds?

To be fair it's more like 13-19.

I remember being a teen & labelling everyone, what larks.

I was a fashionista, now I guess I'm just posh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I would probs be labelled a chav, i like wearing tracksuit bottoms and trainers, i wea brand name t shirts, bein fare the only time i really wear them is if im going for the shopping or going to the gym / popping around a mates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    im not a teenager, after that age people tend not to group each other!!

however at 25 i can still answer...ive always been a 'goth' but now married with babies im just a mummy who wears black....

my hubby is 29 but hey hes a bloody w.o.w. geek. grrr.

I'm no longer qualified to answer, but I will anyway. I've always been a bit of a "goth" too, but as I often have my little contingent in tow, I've also toned down my mode of dress. Although even in a plain yellow t-shirt and (blue) jeans I'm still apparently a "goth". During an online slagging match with some girl, she said "you look like her off The Ring":D Which greatly amused me.

About a year ago, whilst shopping with a friend, she told me about a shop that was "your kind of shop". I was a little perplexed by this but decided to let her take the lead. Anyway we ventured into the old part of town, turned a corner and behold....

Black PVC corsets, chains, fishnet tights, Chucky/Nightmare Before Christmas figurines all delightfully adorned the window display..

Obviously I'm still giving off the goth vibe then...:o

(I do have a pair of New Rocks boots....which I love. Unfortunately no compatible with pram pushing though)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I've gone through phases of most of those in my school years :p

I guess if I had to be put into a category from the OP now it would have to be a kinda Indie, Goth, Emo, WoW Geek crossbreed O.o :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO posh student. I don't know if it's just me but when people go to uni they seem to adapt this posh uni voice. Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Yah dahling.

My best friend does it when she's drunk, shes from blackburn ffs, but on her birthday she was stood outside a club going 'Nowe, I dohnt WOHNT to goe in heeah!' I was like, wtf are you doing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, OP, your choices are limited. I did my dissertation on youth tribes, it was very interesting. Here's a bit about all the different tribes linky

and heres the quiz to find out which tribe you're in

Quiz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just done that ^^ Quiz ^^

And as i expected i am an "Indie Kid"
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, OP, your choices are limited. I did my dissertation on youth tribes, it was very interesting. Here's a bit about all the different tribes linky

Quiz

The quiz lost me at the MP3 question. Opera doesn't really fit into any of those four fairly limited categories...

...edit... actually, now I've gone a bit further, I realise I AM too old for this quiz. I don't understand half the answers!

For my Communications A Level final project (back in like 1989!) I did a piece on youth subcultures... it was rubbish!

I hope your dissertation was better!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quiz

According to that, I'm 'rah':confused:.

EDIT: whats rah?
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your between the age of 13~25 what style / Group are you in ? or were you in ?

Indie as much as hate it this is prob me , TopMan Queen :p
    Rocker/Mosher or this :cool:
    Punk or a Ramone
    Goth
    Emo
    Chav
    Posh-Student
    World of Warcraft geek
    Raver
    Athlete steroid head
    Sunbed/Fake Tan Face

Scifi & Computer Geek. Not all geeks play WoW you know :)
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quiz

I'm an Indie Scenester with shades of Indie Kid and Scene Kid.

Perhaps I should mention that I'm 56.:o

I can relate to the Scene Kid - "Clothes-wise you stick with a formula - super skinny jeans and a kiddy tee". Well, that's what I'm wearing today.:p
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are a Techie! There’s nothing like a new bit of computer programming to make your day. You create some new code approximately every half an hour and revel in the new cool status of geeks due to our communal love of tinternet. Hot girls talk to you and ask you to set up their sites and everything. All hail web 2.0.

Yep new it. Except for the hot girls bit.

I also show signs of being Pc World. Which confuses me because I dont seem to be making any money.

I also show signs of being Trendy. This confuses me more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I'm none of them either, isn't there a 'normal/boring' option?
    I wear high street clothes like most girls my age, but none of the faddy, quirky things, I'm not daring enough. I don't have strong opinions on music, I like a bit of everything. I'm not posh, but I'm not a chav either. I like technology, but I'm not an expert.
    I'm so boring :cry:

Just took the quiz, it says I'm a townie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm: skinny jeans that don't fit (none of them do) a brightly coloured t-shirt (my killers one!) and the coolest shoes in the world - sketchers! I have been told these things make me emo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Altheya wrote: »
    I'm too old to answer, how depressing!!

Is'nt it just. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    The quiz lost me at the MP3 question. Opera doesn't really fit into any of those four fairly limited categories...

...edit... actually, now I've gone a bit further, I realise I AM too old for this quiz. I don't understand half the answers!

For my Communications A Level final project (back in like 1989!) I did a piece on youth subcultures... it was rubbish!

I hope your dissertation was better!

Oooh did you? I didn't realise how much literature I'd have to read, it took me literally 6 months to get through it all and compile it into a review, I'm guessing youth subcultures weren't as developed in the late 80s as they are now? Anyway, I think I did okay on it, I got a first on it anyway!
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh did you? I didn't realise how much literature I'd have to read, it took me literally 6 months to get through it all and compile it into a review, I'm guessing youth subcultures weren't as developed in the late 80s as they are now? Anyway, I think I did okay on it, I got a first on it anyway!

Ah, wicked! Mine was rubbish largely because I didn't put the effort in... (and it was only an A level)- I do remember reading Dick Hebdige's "Subculture- The Meaning Of Style", or it was called SOMETHING like that...

I only really had goths, punks and hippies... largely because it was a video project, thus requiring interviews, and that was pretty much the demographic of all my friends! As an 18-year-old, I was quite judgmental, and everyone else was a "meathead", really, who I was scared of being beaten up by for wearing makeup!
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty much a mix of

Goth
    Emo
    Posh-Student/Geek
    Indie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    That quiz just told me I'm an emokid =/
    I'm not sure if I should be offended or not... I don't really have a label tbh
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quiz

I'm a cross between a Rah & a Blinger - which is probably about right. Except that I'm not really either.

I'm surprised that C4 did such limited music choices - I like British urban music - but not Rhianna - why lump them together?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member

Quiz

According to that I'm a Rah. Looking at the other categories I suppose that's the one I'm most like, but I wouldn't really call myself a rah.

And apparently I show signs of being a sports junky LOL. That couldn't be further from the truth!
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit too old for the OP but I've always been 'indie' with a hint of 'hippy' thrown in for good measure.