Options

Orange people

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
why is it the genaration of today (my genaration LOL) think going on sunbeds 5 times a week is a good look. A lot of girls (not all) seem to think that the jordan orange look is good

nothing wrong with a healthy NATURAL tan , but some people must be colour blind to think this looks nice

fake tan , dont get me started on that

have a look at the first 4 minutes of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecOg5VwW5Nc&feature=related :eek:

Agree ? or not ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I think the orange look just looks stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    There is such a thing as being too orange, but if you like to look a bit tanned, fake is a good. Means you don't end up as a horrible leathery old, or getting cancers and stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek: :D NO WAY , THIS CANNOT BE REAL

but i think it is :eek:
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to be pale and natural, personally. I wear make up which slightly darkens my skin, but it's not intentional - that's purely to hide imperfections (which I'm plagued with :( ).

I admit I've tried fake tan before, but it always came out blotchy and orange. Maybe it was the brand or maybe I just sucked at applying it, but I decided it was better to go as I am then to look like someone flung orange paint at me! :p

If people like fake tan, fair play to them. Sometimes it does look good - if it looks orange though, the person needs to take a good look at themselves in the mirror.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to be pale and natural, personally. I wear make up which slightly darkens my skin, but it's not intentional - that's purely to hide imperfections (which I'm plagued with :( ).
    QUOTE]

pale skin looks beautiful , some people just can't see it
  • Options
    jarrjarr Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Better than O2 and vodaphone.
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Out here it was very easy to spot the British in the summer. Two things gave it away. 1) The appalling dress sense, and 2) Their colour. Not orange.... I called them La gente roja - The Red People.
  • Options
    geoffSFgeoffSF Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If internet lore is to be believed, these pics are from a prom in New Jersey, which is a believable description.
  • Options
    geoffSFgeoffSF Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In America, we have many politicians who have gone orange. Here's a prominent Republican, John Boehner (yes, Boner) who eats a lot of long, thick carrots, for sustenance.

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/boehner1237924322.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its very real, and is in fact a 'look' in New Jersey. There was a whole bunch of memes that kicked off over it.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lee-hotti-and-friends
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Its very real, and is in fact a 'look' in New Jersey. There was a whole bunch of memes that kicked off over it.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lee-hotti-and-friends

Wow, that is really scary and interesting read. :eek:

Just shows you never to post your pic on the internet if you look like a dick!

Those guys must be mortified. I feel quite sorry for them, but to be honest they look totally ridiculous!
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always laughed at how orange David Dickenson was til I saw him on Who Do You Think You Are - turns out he has Iranian or some such ancestry. And there was me thinking he'd been Tango'd. So not all orange is bad. I also loved the orangeness of Mario and Lisa on BB 2008. Takes dedication to turn yourself that shade of orange.

The women on dept stores' make up counters are traditionally orange. They have always scared the bejaybus out of me. But then I have vitiligo (only not so evenly as Michael Jackson) but bits of my face are frighteningly white. I still don't wear foundation or skin make up though for fear of looking like the women at the make up counters.