Options

Laila and Anton - can they win?

I've been reading through the forums all morning and it seems that most people aren't even considering a Laila/Anton win possible. She seems to have been forgotten amidst the other 3 couples.

I'm a Laila fan but I admit that even though her Charleston was great, I still thought she'd be bottom 2, and possibly eliminated; she just doesn't seem to have the same fan base as others on the forums.

So does she stand even the slightest chance?? Can she at least make it to the semis?

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been reading through the forums all morning and it seems that most people aren't even considering a Laila/Anton win possible. She seems to have been forgotten amidst the other 3 couples.

I'm a Laila fan but I admit that even though her Charleston was great, I still thought she'd be bottom 2, and possibly eliminated; she just doesn't seem to have the same fan base as others on the forums.

So does she stand even the slightest chance?? Can she at least make it to the semis?

Ofcourse she can win, anyone can win at this stage, I think she IS underneath the radar a bit at the moment and might just sneak through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ofcourse she can win, anyone can win at this stage, I think she IS underneath the radar a bit at the moment and might just sneak through.

i think that judges will do their best to save her this week somehow...
  • Options
    crispihcrispih Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges seemed to push her to oneside when she had problems mastering the jive. However, the judges know if they mark the other high enough it makes it harder for the public votes to carry a couple through.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that judges will do their best to save her this week somehow...

Hi FF :)

Why?

It's not as if they've favoured her the past few weeks (she's been fairly low down on the table) - and Craig's 6 for her Charleston this week was outrageous.

And OP, I reckon Laila stands as good a chance as anyone. She's not the weakest dancer (I'd say she and Chris are pretty evenly matched) and she and Anton are clearly popular with the public (and over on the BBC boards).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Hi FF :)

Why?

It's not as if they've favoured her the past few weeks (she's been fairly low down on the table) - and Craig's 6 for her Charleston this week was outrageous.

And OP, I reckon Laila stands as good a chance as anyone. She's not the weakest dancer (I'd say she and Chris are pretty evenly matched) and she and Anton are clearly popular with the public (and over on the BBC boards).

Afternoon honey *smooches*

Why? Because I think that Chris is perceived as more of a threat like Austin last year and so they will make sure he is bottom of the board- just a hunch but one that several people at work said this morning also so I am not alone in thinking that way it seems!

I have to say that I though Anton was fabulous this week but not Laila so much- maybe a 7? I felt Anton did a large part of the dancing- but its horses for courses as usual!

They have a couple of dances this week that shouldn't be too bad- and the AS should get them a good mark (no smilies today- that would have been a smiley smiley)

We shall see- but last year I bowed out with Austin- if the machinations are similar then I will skip out at this stage again! There were lots of rumbles last year- did the Beeb listen??!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Laila can totally win and if the judges do an Austin or Gethin on Chris this year I will be backing her all of the way!

She has a better personality than both Ali and Ricky and she has a lot of potential as a dancer as we have seen in her Paso Doble, Charleston, VW, Foxtrot and Quickstep. The judges are hard on her but hopefully this won't stop her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    she got as much chance as Katie Price winning I'm a Celeb
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon honey *smooches*

Why? Because I think that Chris is perceived as more of a threat like Austin last year and so they will make sure he is bottom of the board- just a hunch but one that several people at work said this morning also so I am not alone in thinking that way it seems!

I have to say that I though Anton was fabulous this week but not Laila so much- maybe a 7? I felt Anton did a large part of the dancing- but its horses for courses as usual!

They have a couple of dances this week that shouldn't be too bad- and the AS should get them a good mark (no smilies today- that would have been a smiley smiley)

We shall see- but last year I bowed out with Austin- if the machinations are similar then I will skip out at this stage again! There were lots of rumbles last year- did the Beeb listen??!!

Are you skiving again? ;)

<smoooooooooooch!>

I liked Austin a lot, but I really didn't see any conspiracy on the judge's part to eliminate him. I think they were as sad to see him go as the rest of us were. It just so happened that he had a slightly weaker night and Lisa got to perform her Ballroom again (even though she was overall a worse dancer).

That's the nature of the dance-off for you and one of the reasons why I think it should be scrapped at the two-dance phase.

And Laila's Charleston was worth an 8 at least! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Are you skiving again? ;)

<smoooooooooooch!>

I liked Austin a lot, but I really didn't see any conspiracy on the judge's part to eliminate him. I think they were as sad to see him go as the rest of us were. It just so happened that he had a slightly weaker night and Lisa got to perform her Ballroom again (even though she was overall a worse dancer).

That's the nature of the dance-off for you and one of the reasons why I think it should be scrapped at the two-dance phase.

And Laila's Charleston was worth an 8 at least! :p

Me???? *looks round in all innocence* skiving??!

Its interesting you see that Austin was the only one not to get a 40 that night I think- he got a 39 for his Paso so we was always out if in the dance off. Lisa's dance was not really worth a 40 in many people's opinions but she had been in the dance off so many times there was little doubt she would be there again- hence the 40?! That's why I said on another thread its the individual dance marks that really come into play here.... The judges managed to get both girls to the final that way- if not Rachel would have had no chance of winning and may have been out a la Bunton and Ball previously.

This week the couple with the lowest combined score should go- no dance off- as you say.

Can't agree on the Laila/ Anton charleston at all- it was great fun but he did all the dancing for me- its all opinion and they were in the right place on the leaderboard at the end of the day! (Still no smilies- argh!)
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For clarity's sake :

Austin : 34 (American Smooth), 36 (salsa)
    Lisa : 39 (Waltz), 33 (jive)
    Rachel : 39 (Tango), 37 (Cha Cha)
    Tom : 39 (Foxtrot), 34 (Rumba)

IMO Lisa's waltz more than merited the marks. Her jive? Not really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    For clarity's sake :

Austin : 34 (American Smooth), 36 (salsa)
    Lisa : 39 (Waltz), 33 (jive)
    Rachel : 39 (Tango), 37 (Cha Cha)
    Tom : 39 (Foxtrot), 34 (Rumba)

IMO Lisa's waltz more than merited the marks. Her jive? Not really.

Thanks for the clarity Monkseal :)

Whatever the scores it was interesting that the others all got 39.....

I think that Saturday may be interesting- after all in the end they couldn't stop the Ramps juggernaut so who knows if they will try?!!

Thats all assuming that Team Cola are getting the votes they are meant to be anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She only has a chance if she go through or meets Chris and Ola in the dance off otherwise she'll go home.

Against Ali or Ricky, she'd go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not. Of the remaining couples she is the one I do not want to win the most for a number of reasons. We are now in week ten and I'm racking my brain trying to think of dance she did where she didnt make a mistake. When dancing on her own she looks terrible. There's a cant be bothered vibe that comes when she's not entuirely happy with the technique of the dance and finally, the biggest reason, I dont think her ankle was as badly injured as she made it look. Hopefully she'll be gone this week
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think she will win, one or 2 half decent dances wont cut it, i still reckon this will be antons last year and they are coasting her through on bad dances so he gets a good position to leave the show on. And i still think she exaggerated that ankle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hell yeah! :D

Whilst everyone is busy on here scrapping over the Chris/Ali/Ricky scenarios, Laila will sneak through at the last minute in a glorious storm and claim the glitterball!!...

...then I wake up :(

I don't honestly know but I don't think it's as cut and dried as everyone on here thinks it is either.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I hope not. There is no chemistry of "fizz" between them and they look like they are going through the motions rather than having fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    i dont think she will win, one or 2 half decent dances wont cut it, i still reckon this will be antons last year and they are coasting her through on bad dances so he gets a good position to leave the show on. And i still think she exaggerated that ankle.

Huh? Coasting her through? She had terrible scores for her bad dances and a few good tellings off! How is that coasting her through some bad dances?

Please elaborate, not saying I won't agree with you, but I need more explanation of your logic.:)
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [

I can totally see that the judges will manipulate their votes this week,they usually do at this stage of the comp.But I think that Chris and Ola have more public support than Austin did.Unfortunately for Laila,,this means that she could end up in the dance off with Ricky or Ali and then she will go:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping Chris is bottom of the leaderboard and that the least popular out of Ricky and Ali are top, because if so; a Ricky VS Ali dance off is guaranteed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they get the popular vote, they can win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TylerTango wrote: »
    I am hoping Chris is bottom of the leaderboard and that the least popular out of Ricky and Ali are top, because if so; a Ricky VS Ali dance off is guaranteed.

It really isn't - Ali beat Laila in the public vote last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't know that, rofl?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ali was only one point ahead of Laila with the judges. If Laila had got more points than her with the public, she would have got a better combined score than her. If she had a better combined score than Ali, she wouldn't have been in the dance-off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh nvm, read your original post wrong...

But Laila got more than her this week.