Options

Corrie - Janice vs Rosie

katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
Forum Member
I thought the scene with Janice shouting at Rosie because of her false accusations was a great scene to add.

I have a friend who went through a situation with an attacker where she was treated like a liar from the start because of girls like Rosie lying about being attacked. The police and courts do it to most women these days and it's almost always the victims get treated like the criminals!!

I thought not only was it true to the character but it made such a true point about todays society.

Well Done Corrie for highlighting it although really Rosie should have been done for wasting police time!!

Comments

• Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was good but it bounces off rosie and that's where they mess it up.
  • Options
    hattersfanhattersfan Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    I thought the scene with Janice shouting at Rosie because of her false accusations was a great scene to add.

I have a friend who went through a situation with an attacker where she was treated like a liar from the start because of girls like Rosie lying about being attacked. The police and courts do it to most women these days and it's almost always the victims get treated like the criminals!!

I thought not only was it true to the character but it made such a true point about todays society.

Well Done Corrie for highlighting it although really Rosie should have been done for wasting police time!!

Janice- pot to Rosie's kettle. Batteredbrain is a nasty thieving skiving lying beeitch.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they missed a great opportunity. Yes, Janice shouted her down and put her in her place but it's a great shame it wasn't front of more people and she should definitely have been prosecuted for wasting police time and whatever else they could have chucked at her. It was a serious allegation and if her lies hadn't been found out Stape could have been locked up again (though I'm sure there are some who would have welcomed that :D).

It's high time this character was brought down a peg or two IMO and the OP had a point about letting other women down.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't like what they're doing with Rosie. It'd be nice to restore some of that ol' humanity in the character. It's not workable to have someone so unlikable in the show. Although then again they've managed with Sean for five years.
  • Options
    Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was being so hard on her because Toyah got raped didn't she? I think that was a good use of continuity there too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex250P wrote: »
    I think she was being so hard on her because Toyah got raped didn't she? I think that was a good use of continuity there too.

Yep. But on the other hand, when Rosie had been abducted, Janice was the only one who knew she hadn't just run off with the lottery money. She knew something was amiss and chose to keep her mouth shut.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »

So are the police and defence supposed to assume the guilt of the accused then, without any challenge?

Let's not forget that the accuser is entitled to anonymity, but the accused is not.

The rights of both parties should be respected equally....

Mind you, once found guilty, slap the crap out of them!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Janice is disqualified from throwing the first stone:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    What always gets me about Rosie is that her parents forget about the things that she has done within 5 mins. Sally did not seem all that angry with Rosie to me.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good scene.

I think it came from Janice because of Toyah's rape.