Altiyan Childes - winner of OZ X Factor?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    He is 5th favourite to win..

Behind the 3 girls from the girls category and a girlband.

I think that would probs be unheard of on our x factor! :D

I don't think that's the case anymore is it? Thought he was second favourite to win after Sally now?
  • clottyclotty Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Real rock stars' are so cringeworthy on reality TV shows. Like the guy from Fame Academy that thought he was in The Libertines. It's just embarrassing.
  • ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skip_Tech wrote: »
    Him from Daybreak?

Hahahaha that's what I thought too :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Skip_Tech wrote: »
    Him from Daybreak?

That's all I can read when I see the thread titles. :o:D
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clotty wrote: »
    'Real rock stars' are so cringeworthy on reality TV shows. Like the guy from Fame Academy that thought he was in The Libertines. It's just embarrassing.

Do you mean Peter Brame (I think that was his name)? He was a complete tit. A friend of mine saw him perform in a club after FA. He was drunk and thought he was so cool. Apparently he jumped from the stage and tried to crowd surf - except everyone just moved out the way and he crashed face-first into the floor! Had to be carried off by the bouncers! Total nob.

Having just watched a few clips from X Factor AUS, however, I do wonder why our contestants are so rubbish by comparison. Not only do they seem to have better acts, but they get to sing better songs, too. X Factor UK looks so stale by comparison.
  • Dorkus_Dorkus_ Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    Judging by his last two performances is this guy going to walk away with the title - is he a True Rock Star?

U2's Beautiful Day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIEJUAioQY

Bon Jovie's Living On A Prayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSGuOyDuHc

I don't believe a "true rocks star" will ever come from X Factor in any shape or form.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Do you mean Peter Brame (I think that was his name)? He was a complete tit. A friend of mine saw him perform in a club after FA. He was drunk and thought he was so cool. Apparently he jumped from the stage and tried to crowd surf - except everyone just moved out the way and he crashed face-first into the floor! Had to be carried off by the bouncers! Total nob.

Having just watched a few clips from X Factor AUS, however, I do wonder why our contestants are so rubbish by comparison. Not only do they seem to have better acts, but they get to sing better songs, too. X Factor UK looks so stale by comparison.

Yeah I think that too, they seemed to from the clips I've seen have much better song choices and the talent of the singers does seem to be a step up from ours if I'm honest. I would like to watch their version in full, wish itv2 would show it instead of what Katie did next or Peter the next chapter. I'd much rather watch some talented aussies than a untalented one.
  • woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is his latest performance - The Eye of the Tiger - songs from the movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoE_csP7zh8

He has now replaced Sally as the bookies favourite to win Australia's X Factor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Altiyan doesn't win the show then Australia has clearly gone mad!

That Eye of the Tiger performance just showed everyone else up for exactly what Kyle said they were 'Pretty little kids who can sing" Altiyan is definitely a star!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I think they chose this song with Sally in mind, before Altiyan's late charge for the title. It's a little dreary...but he is a very worthy winner and about 1 million times better (in terms of charisma and performance) than anything on the UK show this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    he's got some good sound there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O, dear, XF UK this year is a joke comparing to XF Australia!:mad:
    They have got some real talented people over there in there show.
    I think, Altiyan is fantastic singer and has deserved to win.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw his Livin' On A Prayer and Beautiful Day performances, glad that he won.

I don't follow the Oz or other countries' XF's - do they have the same format with mentoring their acts? If so, who was Altyan's mentor?
    Forum Member
    linnylou, pretty well the same format. Altiyans mentor was Ronan Keating
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea tha same format but the series has Bombed think it got 4 million viewers at it's peak
    Forum Member
    big brother 9, they say it didn't do too bad, remember Aussie hasn't much of a population

Australian X Factor winner, Altiyan Childs (with former band Masonia) - Anywhere With You! Great track!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sS4x0VJVr0
    Forum Member
    oh, and that last one was an original.
    Forum Member
    another original

I absolutely love this song and the film clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmifv54h18
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that said Adrian Chiles then....

God, I better go and get a coffee! :p
    Forum Member
    Somewhere in the world tonight, there's no fighting
    Somewhere in the world tonight, someone's fallin' in love for the first time
    I believe there is a place where fear is finally wavin' goodbye
    Somewhere in the world tonight, everything's alright

Somewhere in the world tonight, there's no crying
    And somewhere in the world tonight, someone's holdin' their first child
    I believe there is a place where the truth can wash out all of the lies
    Somewhere in the world tonight, everything's alright

So take me there
    Can you take me there?

http://altiyanlyrics.blogspot.com/
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Horrible result for me :( I could never take to Altiyan, so at the start of the lives he was the one I wanted to win the very least. :(
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zandilyn wrote: »
    linnylou, pretty well the same format. Altiyans mentor was Ronan Keating

Forum Member
    Tyjet, he's hot and he's a great performer