Options

Who did you want to kill Archie?

computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wanted it to be Lucas. If the writers could have thought of a motive for him, two of the biggest storylines going on at the time would have been merged together as one. It would have been beautiful.

Comments

• Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any of the following:

Ryan
    Ronnie
    Billy (for the lolz)
    Jack
    Roxy (surprise element?)

Apparently it was originally meant for Peggy to kill Archie but when EE execs heard that Barbara was leaving they changed it to Stacey.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy "Get outta my pub" Mitchell!
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    I think it would have added a good element to Peggy's character if it had been her.

I was convinced the killer was going to be Jack. We knew not that much about his character at this point, he was still rather hidden and I was convinced he had the motive too.
  • Options
    DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy. Without a doubt.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Peggy.......and I wanted her locked up for it:D
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ghost of Den Watts by picking up the the queen vic bust and dropping it on Archie's head:D
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi... after discovering Archie had poisoned her gerbil. :eek:
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi... after discovering Archie had poisoned her gerbil. :eek:

The Gerbil she sang Bright Eyes for!? Random EE Flashback there of Abi singing to her dead pet!

I wanted it to be Sean, the reveal would have been great and I liked the idea of him having snuck back to visit Amy, heard Archie raped Stacey from when Bradley and Stacey had been to visit Archie, then killed him in revenge for his sister.

The surprise element would have been brilliant too.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey, barley utters a sentence in 25 years and then on the biggest night of EE history says ''I killed Archie'' It would of been shocking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted it to have actually been a freak accident, and the bust had been left on the edge of the bar, so a slight vibration had knocked it over. I would have loved to see everyone disappointment, and feeling of stupidity for thinking he was murdered.

But other than that, I thought it should have been Ian as he would be the most unlikely suspect. And it would have given him a good storyline. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Tracey, barley utters a sentence in 25 years and then on the biggest night of EE history says ''I killed Archie'' It would of been shocking.

Mo had her down as 'The Silent Assassin' on the board where she had written odds down for who may have killed Archie. She was the 100/1 outsider, if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    Mo had her down as 'The Silent Assassin' on the board where she had written odds down for who may have killed Archie. She was the 100/1 outsider, if I recall correctly.

:D:D

I wanted Phil or Peggy to have killed him. I was happy with Stacey as the killer though, it seemed to fit what she had gone through.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Gerbil she sang Bright Eyes for!? Random EE Flashback there of Abi singing to her dead pet!

I wanted it to be Sean, the reveal would have been great and I liked the idea of him having snuck back to visit Amy, heard Archie raped Stacey from when Bradley and Stacey had been to visit Archie, then killed him in revenge for his sister.

The surprise element would have been brilliant too.

Yep! I think it would of been so emotional... :cry:
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like Stacey being the killer because the reason was shoehorned in so she could murder him (and implicate Bradley).

I would've preferred it to be Ronnie. It would've led to a much better departure for her than the baby swap. And...after what she'd gone through...it would've been character led, really.
  • Options
    EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie, above all others.

Peggy as 2nd choice.

Phil 3rd and after that it got silly (hence Stacey).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronnie would have been far too obvious =S

I'd rather it have been Roxy, at least then the character might have some direction to go in and would for once be at the forefront of Eastenders. She spends way too much time as a supporting character/spare part :c
  • Options
    EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nemokins wrote: »
    Ronnie would have been far too obvious =S

I'd rather it have been Roxy, at least then the character might have some direction to go in and would for once be at the forefront of Eastenders. She spends way too much time as a supporting character/spare part :c

Sometimes the most obvious choice is the best one. Stacey was a dreadful choice and killed not only Archie but the entire storyline. Anyone would have been better than her. Well, almost anyone associated with Archie's story.

Roxy would never have killed Archie. It would have been a step too far out of character even for EE. Not to mention Rita Simons can't act and wouldn't have been able to carry off the scenes required.
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated it being Stacey as I felt archie had always been about family/Ronnie. It would have been far better imo for his exit to have therefore been about family or someone protecting a Mitchell. Stacey's rape was random and disconnected to the family drama.

I didn't want it to be ronnie as I feel it was obvious and she would have let it haunt her. It was fitting imo that Ronnie gave herself up in the swap. I don't think it would hae been in character for Ronnie to not finally confess and she would have had to have been sentenced to a long spell in jail.

Roxy doesn't have it in her and they wouldve have had to write her out as it would never have been in character for her to keep the secret.

Peggy would have been the best choice imo (or Jack). Peggy finally being all about family, by killing him and reclaiming the pub and protecting her family. Roxy then inheriting the pub would have had a whole new dimension and it would have led to a different, perhaps better reveal when Ronnie's rape was revealed. It could have led to Ronnie finding out the truth, but allowing Peggy to exit without anyone knowing. It also would have been interesting to see how Phil reacted to it after he was asked to kill him.

Jack would have been an okay choice imo as I could see Ronnie keeping it a secret, it would have had an interesting impact on Roxy/Jack/Amy and he is capable given his past. He also is the type that could easily not let guilt consume him and get on with his life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey. Would have been amazing to see her character develop and maybe her family enter the square for a few episodes to stick by Tracey as she goes to court and stuff. and eventually gets let off. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Ronnie or Peggy.

Although I did enjoy the reveal with Stacey admitting guilt as for me it was a complete surprise, in the long run it made the story forgettable, for me at least.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have been Peggy Mitchell.

An iconic character on the show and part of the show's most popular family. It would have been fitting because of how much damage Archie had done to her family, especially on Eastenders Live.

Instead we got Slapper Slater with a stupid forgettable motive who has literally been through every other storyline in the soap checklist.

Big mistake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    Should have been Peggy Mitchell.

An iconic character on the show and part of the show's most popular family. It would have been fitting because of how much damage Archie had done to her family, especially on Eastenders Live.

Instead we got Slapper Slater with a stupid forgettable motive who has literally been through every other storyline in the soap checklist.

Big mistake.

I agree. Could have even been used as part of her exit.

Eastenders could always have asked her to stay a few more months. Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason why they didn't use Peggy was because there wouldn't have been enough time for the aftermath but Stacey left only months after Peggy so they didn't have much time for the aftermath with Stacey either. :confused:
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Could have even been used as part of her exit.

Eastenders could always have asked her to stay a few more months. Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason why they didn't use Peggy was because there wouldn't have been enough time for the aftermath but Stacey left only months after Peggy so they didn't have much time for the aftermath with Stacey either. :confused:
    It would have been a great ending for Peggy.
  • Options
    daz_fdaz_f Posts: 6,642
    Forum Member
    not reasonable but would of loved Danielle to pop up and do the deed
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Mitchell, would of played it to perfection.