Help - can anyone identify this actor please?

prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
Forum Member
The one on the right of the 1969 Radio Times cover shown on the Radio 2 'Sounds of the Sixties' webpage here.

He was identified during the programme as Lee Montague but I'm convinced Lee Montague is an entirely different actor.

I think this bloke's first name is John, but I'm not even sure of that. :confused:

Comments

• Nutty Big DNutty Big D Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Before seeing this, I've answered your query on another forum! It's John Slater, of Z cars, previously Pinky and Perky host. (I was wondering what Lee Montague starred in in the late 60s - he certainly was in something, prior to his semi-regular appearances as a French detective in Bergerac in the 80s. Mr Matthew was incorrect in his identification! )
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    Thanks very much!

I think the misidentification might have been because Lee Montague did actually appear in a couple of episodes of a series called 'Detective', one of which was broadcast in September 1969.
  • Nutty Big DNutty Big D Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Thanks - that clears that up!
  • kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prehensile wrote: »
    The one on the right of the 1969 Radio Times cover shown on the Radio 2 'Sounds of the Sixties' webpage here.

He was identified during the programme as Lee Montague but I'm convinced Lee Montague is an entirely different actor.

I think this bloke's first name is John, but I'm not even sure of that. :confused:

John Slater