Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24/7 wrote: »
    I hate Will! :mad: They are now completely ruining Texas with this stupid storyline!

Holly's acting was awful again, and I don't want them to give Sinead a new best friend after everything with Esther!

I wish there was more Tony, he is so so underused!
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Agreed
    It's a shame this rubbish is the last real story line for Texas aside from after she dies. I kind of hope it is Silas that kills her, so at least she gets a good exit and now vile Will being the killer!

I'm probably in the minority but I did really like Texas and Dodger, and want them back together!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about Fridays ratings, they havent been released yet anyway
    It went from a high of 1.23 on Monday to just about 1.0 on Thursday & this week has mainly involved Brendan/Ste/Mitzeee/Walker etc who i think have been rinsed dry of storylines over the last year.
    That said the Esther week still managed a decent 1.2 on a Friday so we cant blame "people going out" Even if people were out less people would be watching TV so the share would be down, so you can still get the same share for a 1.2 and a 0.9 if less are watching. But the shares have dropped daily aswell

wait - you're comparing possibly the strongest week HO has seen in donkey's with possibly one of the weakest and blaming the (pretty small really) drop in ratings on people not liking brendan and/or ste, who didn't even have a major role to play throughout the whole week, only the start with amy's return?

like i said before - the main focus of this past week was on mitzeee as it was her leaving week, and that heavily involved highly repetitive scenes between her and carl and walker. this week has been shit due to the interminably shitting writing - not the characters involved. esther's suicide week was brilliant due to the excellent writing and the climax of a hard hitting storyline.

there's no correlation between the two other than the gulf in writing. certainly no correlation in the characters involved in each.

(and actually, people going out would effect HO share of the ratings, because it's typically a younger soap, so it's viewers will be the ones most often going out, much more so than the likes of emmerdale's viewers. on a friday, because of the nature of the audience demographic, people going out would hurt HO much more severely than any of the other soaps)
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    24/7 wrote: »
    It's a shame this rubbish is the last real story line for Texas aside from after she dies. I kind of hope it is Silas that kills her, so at least she gets a good exit and now vile Will being the killer!

I'm probably in the minority but I did really like Texas and Dodger, and want them back together!

Texas and Dodger should back together, the writers make up the storys, the actors do their best acting they can for the storys and if the actors want to leave either the character leaves or gets killed off.

Texas being wasted in this story with Will, they need to win the viewers not turn them off with storys that end up being a waste of time and characters being wasted as well.
    Forum Member
    Esther forgives Maddie, Sinead and Ruby. Maddie we won’t know since she’s dead, Ruby is truly sorry for what she has done and Sinead not sorry for hurting Esther and driving her to kill herself. Sinead not even concerned Esther’s well being if she lived or died. When Esther finds out Sinead doesn’t feel remorse for anything she done to Esther she will be upset and learn Sinead will never change. I hope the writers don’t make Esther be friends with Sinead. Esther going to be friends with Ruby again. ever since Esther said she forgives her bullies that’s what makes me think Esther will be friends with Ruby again and also the writers might make Esther be friends with Sinead again witch I hope doesn’t happen.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think we will see some updated shots or new additions to the credits on monday e4 with the removal of rob,annalise and mitzeeee, I wonder weather kirkwood will change the format of theme
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think we will see some updated shots or new additions to the credits on monday e4 with the removal of rob,annalise and mitzeeee, I wonder weather kirkwood will change the format of theme

I noticed when watching last week that some segments particularly Ruby and Darrens are shorter or faster than others. They'll probably just get put back to normal pace.
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    I noticed when watching last week that some segments particularly Ruby and Darrens are shorter or faster than others. They'll probably just get put back to normal pace.

I suspect come April though with Brendan ect gone and Alot coming in it would make more sense for everyone to get updated shots then to squeez the newbies in
    Forum Member
    Anyone see Sinead and Holly as friends and starting trouble for Esther and Ruby.

When Holly heard Ruby talk about Juno, she made fun of a person who’s died I think they may set Holly up as the next bully. Esther slapped Holly and she said to Esther she’s on her list. With Sinead as bitter and angry I think she could team up with Holly to get even with Esther and Ruby or only just Ruby. I could see this story happening but I don’t want Esther to be bullied again.

If Sinead loses her baby she'll blame Esther for it like she blamed Esther for telling the police about his drug driving and Bart leaving her. I think she could blame Ruby to, Ruby got off lightly and is staying in college. Sinead isn’t happy Ruby got off lightly and is able to at college while Sinead is thrown out of college and never be able to go back to college. Another thing Sinead will blame Esther for her dreams of being a vet career now ruined. Sinead made it clear to Esther now Barts gone she will never leave Esther alone.
  • Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. I'm quite new to this and have only posted a few times. I may have missed the link, but just wondering if anyone had read the spoilers on soap squak about Dodgers Mum? I thought it sounded really interesting and brought a lot of depth to Patricks character.
    Forum Member
    Teabag84 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm quite new to this and have only posted a few times. I may have missed the link, but just wondering if anyone had read the spoilers on soap squak about Dodgers Mum? I thought it sounded really interesting and brought a lot of depth to Patricks character.

Welcome to DS Teabag. There is a link of spoliers about Dodgers Mum and it's interesting.
    Forum Member
    Teabag the information on Dodgers mother is on page 121
    by bananashake Some interesting spoilers on SoapSquark just click on open spolier and it will be there.
    Forum Member
    Sorry wrong page number it's page 21
  • Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi and thank you. I was going to write in my original post that it reminded me of Revenge which has its 2 links to Hollyoaks.
    It isn't what I expected of the storyline at all. I would like to find out how she tried to kill them and then there were separated. I mean, wouldn't the father have custody if the mother had tried to kill them? would she have been tried in court? unless I guess she ran off with Dodger, returned to Patrick and when she told him Dodger was dead, he assumed she had killed him then she got institunialised. Does Dirk have any idea about her mental health, given he went on to have Will and Liberty with her.
    Sorry to ramble, just got me wondering.
    Forum Member
    whys is ds still blocking soap squauk links... who evers running it has big sources in Hollyoaks anyway there beating ds with all the latest news
    Forum Member
    Teabag84 wrote: »
    Hi and thank you. I was going to write in my original post that it reminded me of Revenge which has its 2 links to Hollyoaks.
    It isn't what I expected of the storyline at all. I would like to find out how she tried to kill them and then there were separated. I mean, wouldn't the father have custody if the mother had tried to kill them? would she have been tried in court? unless I guess she ran off with Dodger, returned to Patrick and when she told him Dodger was dead, he assumed she had killed him then she got institunialised. Does Dirk have any idea about her mental health, given he went on to have Will and Liberty with her.
    Sorry to ramble, just got me wondering.

Your very welcome Teabag.
    Forum Member
    There is alot of mystery to the savages mother like why she split apart Sienna and Dodger. Patrick and Dirk both lied by Dodgers mother. So much unsaid and to be answered. They must really have a good story bring in the savages mother. They brought in Sienna and Patrick all they need is the mother. Saskia Wickham cast as long- lost Savage mum.
    Forum Member
    Dirk and Patrick both said shes dead, with her coming backing into their lives she'll have alot of explaining to do with Patrick, Dirk and the kids.Questions like why she made them think she was dead, why she lied and where shes been all this time. If she started another affair with another man then she could have more kids out there and if so we could see them to.
    Forum Member
    Dirk and Patrick both said shes dead, with her coming backing into their lives she'll have alot of explaining to do with Patrick, Dirk and the kids.Questions like why she made them think she was dead, why she lied and where shes been all this time. If she started another affair with another man then she could have more kids out there and if so we could see them to.
    Forum Member

why not just put it all in one post? you can edit it add bits you left out:confused:
    Forum Member
    why not just put it all in one post? you can edit it add bits you left out:confused:

At times when I post a subject , when I finish it moments later theres something else comes along or something I forget to add with the subject. I've seen the edit only come up when the post has been posted and later it's not there. Anyone know how I can get the edit to show up so I can delete some posts.
    Forum Member
    Sorry for sending the same post above twice I didn't notice I sent it twice. My pc is playing up while I was sending one post it was going slow then nothing and later it was fine. Sorry about that everyone.
    Forum Member
    If anyone looking for good films to watch Strangers On A Train and Rear Window are really great films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At times when I post a subject , when I finish it moments later theres something else comes along or something I forget to add with the subject. I've seen the edit only come up when the post has been posted and later it's not there. Anyone know how I can get the edit to show up so I can delete some posts.

as far as i've ever been able to tell, the edit generally stays up for a couple of hours, unless that thread's been quite busy and a lot more posts have occured since yours?...i'm not 100% clear of the window of when it disappears though.
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    as far as i've ever been able to tell, the edit generally stays up for a couple of hours, unless that thread's been quite busy and a lot more posts have occured since yours?...i'm not 100% clear of the window of when it disappears though.

Thank you scamrasc for your help, I really didn't know once a post been posted I can't get rid of it. Thanks for helping.
    If you like a few good films to see Strangers On A Train and Rear Window. If you have seen them hope you enjoyed them and if not I hope you enjoy them. They are really great films by Hitchcock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a late catch-up of some of the episodes of the week.
    I find Carmel can do both funny and serious. She's better in her serious scenes, but she's also great and enjoyable in her light comedic scenes like the community service scenes, her refusal when they asked her was good comic timing.

I find Ste's lack of faith and trust in Brendan really unhealthy for their relationship. Maybe he feels he has reason not to trust him, but should he be in a relationship with him if he can't trust?

Found some of the Walker/Kevin scenes very repetitive. In one instance, Kevin just watched Brendan make a phone call to Ste and was followed up by a very intense text to Walker saying he needed to speak to him. Hmmm.

I'm glad Mitzeee got a happy ending. It's refreshing to have one. And especially happy that Nancy was involved in her goodbye and that they didn't just forget it.

I'm finding a bit of a lack of long-term continuity in the scenes recently, but nothing to phone home about.

Question - I may have missed this in the very repetitive scenes, but in the scene where Walker met the hitman, how did Kevin know Carl and Mitzeee were involved, when he turned up? Before this Walker's side seemed to have no idea Carl was out for him.
This discussion has been closed.