Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea who Slick Rick is but I'll do my research.
    They must have edited the song. Possibly why they were on studio after they landed back to London after the DNA tour...
    Whoever it may be, can't wait to hear the break. This song will enlarge their audience which is a good thing.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    CYL 40 Australia iTunes
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    @insidemix96

BREAKING: @LittleMixOffic announced on @insidemix96 as Friday night headliners at first ever @Chilfest - 5 & 6 July

I thought they were doing Alton Towers on the 6th ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are gonna be done serious driving after this show. Atleast there is a day inbetween!

I'm not convinced Slick Rick is a huge selling point. But he will give a good throwback to the song. Too bad he wasn't in the UK for the video. Assuming it is this version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    I thought they were doing Alton Towers on the 6th ?

"performed as Friday night headliners" :p They are performing on the 5th.

http://www.chilfest.co.uk/#!lineup/cb30
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »
    CYL 40 Australia iTunes

#38 now :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    I hope little mix do capital fm's summertime ball <3 such a big event/venue!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    "performed as Friday night headliners" :p They are performing on the 5th.

http://www.chilfest.co.uk/#!lineup/cb30

I also realized its only like 2 hours away according to google. Lol
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as the "surprise" for HYD, I live for the day when singers dont have rent-a-rappers, and rappers dont have divas because they cant sing themselves.

YES!! Totally agree :D ... These collabs screw up the charts imo.:mad:
    (Maybe there should be a separate 'Collabs Chart' :p;)
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Radio 1 seems to love them so I wonder if they get to do Hackney weekend. Is it called that?

Its called Radio 1's Big Weekend :) It was called The Hackney Weekend last year because of the Olympics.

Its in LondonDerry this year.
    As far as the "surprise" for HYD, I live for the day when singers dont have rent-a-rappers, and rappers dont have divas because they cant sing themselves.

I had a feeling you wouldn't want a feature CV lol. The feature is good as it will mean its different to the album version! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Featurings are what made hip hop more popular in the 90's. For me, they are essential in black music as they bring new blends.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    CYL 103,000 sales
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    I had a feeling you wouldn't want a feature CV lol. The feature is good as it will mean its different to the album version! :)

You guessed right. I have nothing against a duet when the talent can sing. The Gaga/Tony Bennett "collab" of Lady Is a Tramp was surprisingly good because their voices went well together.

I have a big problem when the sounds just dont go well. Everybody preferred Wild Ones without Flo Rida, Pitbull and Xtina? give me a break. The rappers are just plopped down and emit their croaky sounds. I signed on to Little Mix because I wanted to hear singing.

The Curmudgeon has spoken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guessed right. I have nothing against a duet when the talent can sing. The Gaga/Tony Bennett "collab" of Lady Is a Tramp was surprisingly good because their voices went well together.

I have a big problem when the sounds just dont go well. Everybody preferred Wild Ones without Flo Rida, Pitbull and Xtina? give me a break. The rappers are just plopped down and emit their croaky sounds. I signed on to Little Mix because I wanted to hear singing.

The Curmudgeon has spoken.

Is Wild Ones not the other way round? As in Flo Rida asked Sia to sing the chorus around his rap verses? Edit: I was right its Flo Rida Ft. Sia. :)

Read this on somewhere else "If its a guy rapper 95% certain he will ask why they aren't picking up the phone"

That does seem like a good idea tbh :D
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Wild Ones not the other way round? As in Flo Rida asked Sia to sing the chorus around his rap verses? Edit: I was right its Flo Rida Ft. Sia. :)

Yes, but my point still stands. One cant sing, so draft in one who can. Same with Serial Collaborator Pitbull.

I wouldnt mind LM dueting but I want them to have someone who can actually sing to elevate the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nobodyfantasy/feed?filter=2

Yesterday's Ustream for those who missed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singles are released on Midnight Sunday. Here are the dates that it could be released on:

5 May 12 May 19 May 26 May

I would love it if it was released on the 12th as that's my birthday :D Not a bad present ;)
    ♡ Little Mixer HQ ♡ ‏@LittleMixerHQ

Also confirmed is that @LittleMixOffic How Ya Doin'? is due to be released during the middle of May

Maybe just maybe... ;)
    ♡ Little Mixer HQ ♡ ‏@LittleMixerHQ

Radio 1 presenter @jameelajamil was @LittleMixOffic's How Ya Doin'? video set & confirms there is an exciting person featuring on the song!

Who would you say is "exciting" lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but my point still stands. One cant sing, so draft in one who can. Same with Serial Collaborator Pitbull.

I wouldnt mind LM dueting but I want them to have someone who can actually sing to elevate the song.

SWV feat Redman, Method Man feat Mary J Blige, Liberty X feat Reverend Run, etc... for me a rapper together with a pop/rnb artist can transform the song into a gem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    DNA will be releaed May 28th in the US.
    Wings better happen next month because they r releasing the album sooner than I expected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully they have the radio tour. Hopefully high profile tv appearances too. I think it's going to pick up and do well enough. Followed by DNA.

I think right now the album could sell what "Wings" sold in its first week. Unfortuantly 17k isn't much.

But the biggest mistakes will be 1)no high profile tv appearances 2)not returning near or right after the release date.

I think album 2 will be a proper worldwide launch though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering who was the guy dressed in black in the bottom right of the picture.

https://twitter.com/LMUpdatesBrasil/status/310479878661214209/photo/1

Dressed like a rapper, he seems to have gloves on. What gives it away is that he appears to have some kind of bling bling on his glove. He seems to be center stage as everyone is behind him.

The thing is, I would like to know what the camera is filming because on the small screen, something is written but it's blurry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be Chipmunk?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could also be a guy fixing the setting.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Chip to me. He is back in the scene...
This discussion has been closed.