Options

EE: Why is the idea of Martine playing Tiffany's twin so unrealistic to you?

BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She can be BROUGHT to Walford by an existing character! Have you never heard of cases where identical twins were separated at birth and lived oblivious to each other's existence? It's a terrific and exciting idea because it has never been done before! It would be much more tragic considering one of the twins would be dead!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3VGDVWkTg

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martine never coming back.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a truly pathetic and ridiculous idea - please drop it, it sounds like something a twelve year old would dream up. We're talking about Eastenders not Dynasty! There have been some totally unbelievable storylines in Eastenders lately but this idea would turn it into a laughing stock.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just seems a tad hard to swallow that Tiffany's twin would arrive in the place where her deceased twin sister lived for a short period in her life. Obviously if Tiffany did had a twin and that's a big if she would stay around the area where her biological family lives now, and it is not like Grant still lives around the square so she can't exactly extort revenge :D.

Why am I even answering this question as you know and I know that this will never happen? This is not some American soap opera where absurd things like this happen on a regular basis.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like something straight out of Sunset Beach, that's why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Well as many on here are prone to saying... "It's only fiction". If that can justify murderers continuously getting off no reason why identical twins can't be excused.... It's where that type of reasoning leads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    It just seems a tad hard to swallow that Tiffany's twin would arrive in the place where her deceased twin sister lived for a short period in her life. Obviously if Tiffany did had a twin and that's a big if she would stay around area where her biological family lives now, and it is not like Grant still lives around the square so she can't exactly extort revenge :D.

Why am I even answering this question as you know and I know that this will never happen? This is not some American soap opera where absurd things like this happen on a regular basis.

Read my post again. I said she could be brought to Walford by another character.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I think it's a great idea but it would work better if both Phil and Grant both had identical brothers that they didn't know about. Grant's identical twin could have a relationship with Tiffany's identical twin and Phil's identical twin could keep turning up in the pub when Phil was there so we couldn't tell them apart. It could work.
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Martine is too big a star to return to Eastenders.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »

What does she do now? The last thing that I saw her in was the Activia yoghurt adverts.

I'm sure that the other "big names" in the show i.e Timothy West, would be able to fit Eastenders in around their yoghurt commitments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    :confused:

Say what! :o:o:o
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    She might be in line for the lottery and bingo TV ads as well so it's all go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martine has fallen on hard times in recent years. To be back on EE would give her some security.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    There's no reason it couldn't happen. There's a lack of family connection though.

I would disagree with it never happening on another soap though. When Edna Miller died in coronation street the actress played her identical twin sister at her funeral.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not . Realism went out the window a long time ago in Soapland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no reason it couldn't happen. There's a lack of family connection though.

I would disagree with it never happening on another soap though. When Edna Miller died in coronation street the actress played her identical twin sister at her funeral.

I think it would be fascinating to see Martine as a new character, who has to deal with the fact that she had a twin sister who died and a family she never knew about.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    The same person playing identical twins wouldn't work for me. If another actress came in as tiffany's sister, I might just buy it, but Martine returning to play an identical sibling is just ludicrous.

In short, it's not the storyline that is stupid, it's the actress returning
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member

Christie Hayes played Kirsty Sutherland and her identical twin Laura on Home and Away😜
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    The same person playing identical twins wouldn't work for me. If another actress came in as tiffany's sister, I might just buy it, but Martine returning to play an identical sibling is just ludicrous.

In short, it's not the storyline that is stupid, it's the actress returning

But identical twins do exist.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Is she?
    What does she do now? The last thing that I saw her in was the Activia yoghurt adverts.

I'm sure that the other "big names" in the show i.e Timothy West, would be able to fit Eastenders in around their yoghurt commitments.

She was on celebrity juice on Thursday.

And activia ditched her for Gok wan

She could come back as the ghost of Tiffany . Didn't they do that in home and away?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    It sounds like something straight out of Sunset Beach, that's why.

This - pretty much lol.
  • Options
    Knives326Knives326 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    If Tiffany had an identical twin (or sister), chances are she would have mentioned it at some point. She didn't. Therefore, it would be ridiculous for one to show up just for the sake of getting her back on the show. Whether it was right or wrong to kill her off is debatable but it's done and it would be wrong to bring her back in any form.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,312
    Forum Member
    While I never want Martine to return, they could always doa Home and Away and get the actress to play Tiffanys long lost cousin.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Didn't she have a brother, Was he older or younger? Wouldn't he remember her twin?
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer it if we found out she had faked her death and is in witness protection with Kathy, Cindy and Boots.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she have to come back as Tiffany?

It has been quite a few years since she left, so she could come back as a different character!
This discussion has been closed.