Options

Warren Mitchell on This Morning

2»

Comments

• Options
    Harry_GreenwoodHarry_Greenwood Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    A great man is Warren Mitchell. ...I agree ..

I hoped he would chin that pompous nancy boy ....an fern was dreadful
  • Options
    bounderbounder Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched This Morning for a very long time - primarily because it's inane drivel and I loathe it.

Evidently good old Alf shares my opinion.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Morning is atrocious these days anyway.

Fern and Phil have really started to believe their own hype.
  • Options
    CosmicgirlCosmicgirl Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CarrieK wrote: »
    Oooh he also moaned about Fern's jewellery blinding him.

....then straight after that phil said something about a glass eye and Warren said 'pardon' and phil said 'oh nothing'!:D
  • Options
    Harry_GreenwoodHarry_Greenwood Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Cosmicgirl
    Thats when the lil nancy needed knocking out ... an battering /stamping on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw some of this. Truly car crash television. I actually felt genuinely sorry for Phil and Fern.
  • Options
    HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his stroke has affected him...:(
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's 82 and had a stroke and blatantly said he seen it all and does like the showbizz nonsense and probably was forced, clearly unwillingly, to appear with these two for PR reasons.
  • Options
    cussywoocussywoo Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day he can hardly be foreced to appear.... it was his choice and if he was just gonna be an arse he shouldnt have gone one

Similarly David Blaine on GMTV, why go on a show where they are obviously going to discuss what you have done or what you are doing if you dont want them to??

I think he is just a primary example of the elderly society who thinks the world owes them something because they are old. He may have been funny in his day but from todays performance he has shown himself up to be a bitter and loathsome old man.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    He was fantastic in a play I saw recently called Visiting Mr. Green
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cussywoo wrote: »
    Similarly David Blaine on GMTV, why go on a show where they are obviously going to discuss what you have done or what you are doing if you dont want them to??

But what Blane did on GMTV was much better for promotion than just a normal bland interview! He knew exactly what he was doing. Besides, why the hell would anyone want to talk to Eamonn Holmes at that hour??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bounder wrote: »
    I haven't watched This Morning for a very long time - primarily because it's inane drivel and I loathe it.

Evidently good old Alf shares my opinion.

I bet he was quick enough to pick up his appearance fee though;)
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    my mum knew Warren Mitchell and she said that there was no more an unpleasant, vile, miserable old basket than you would care to meet :D:D

*He* believed his own hype too ;) Whilst he would lead us to believe that his mad rantings about the silly old moo, the Scouse git, the ponces and the pooves were so outrageous and it would show up those who really believed in what he was proclaiming..............in RL, he WAS like that!!

He was hoping for the "If I say things that are sooooooooo bad, it will highlight those that actually believe that what *I* say is true and will bring the racists and the homphobes from out of the woodwork and people will *know* who they really are.........." and it will prove that I, Warren Mitchell, playing the role of Alf Garnett a fictional person created by Johnny Speight would be able to do what countless Governments, pressure groups and agencies have been unable to do.

when in fact, he never had a nice word to say about anyone or anything! any minority group in his eyes was up for the benefit of his opinion, comment or criticism and it was never favourable!

My mum said he was a nasty man............ :mad:
  • Options
    janusjanus Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    JoshuaUK wrote: »
    I missed it! Switched over for the Daily Politics.

I'll have to find it online.

has anyone got an online link to this - would like to see it...