Does anybody remember Beehive Bedlam?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, thanks so much for that link, loved BHB, my mate was addicted will pass the link on over.

This shud keep me entertained for a while tonight :D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I still play it every now and then on sky, what I do miss is Corporal Cluck!
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is free isn't it? :o
    I thought the others were the ones you have to pay for.
    It says "free trials" (which i go on) on the BB one but people keep saying you have to pay...........?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember those old-school Sky games; there was Beehive Bedlam, Corporal Cluck, Fathom (so hard!!!), King Tut (the mummy game) and Bumble Tumble where you got chased by a bee.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    It's on my sky plus box and it lets me play it for free on there.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found BB a bit boring but their Fathom game was great as was the one where you used to hunt for things in a maze - something to do with Egyptian mummies IIRC

That was King Tut.... Loved that game as well as beehive bedlam.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent (wasted) many a Saturday afternoon playing this - so addictive. I m not even going to follow the link yet or I will never get out tonight!
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannahjay wrote: »
    I remember those old-school Sky games; there was Beehive Bedlam, Corporal Cluck, Fathom (so hard!!!), King Tut (the mummy game) and Bumble Tumble where you got chased by a bee.

Aaah yes, Bumble Tumble too i loved that :D. God, miss those days :o:cry:
  • parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adored Beehive Bedlam :D I'd always alternate between that game and Ginger Ninja on PlayJam (third channel on the interactive) :D
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a look at it tuther week. It's not the same without the old music.
    Thread's brought back memories though - Corporal Cluck & Fathom :)
    Think I played Battleships on there too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Had a look at it tuther week. It's not the same without the old music.
    Thread's brought back memories though - Corporal Cluck & Fathom :)
    Think I played Battleships on there too?
    Yeah Battleships was on there, I could never get the hang of it though!
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    Yeah Battleships was on there, I could never get the hang of it though!

It's quite simple.

You place your ships on the grid, and your opponent does the same.

You have to "fire" at squares on the grid in turns and keep going until you have sank all your opponents ships or he does likewise.

We used to play it on square paper a lot as kids.
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That game is still available on Sky+, my nephew spends hours on the bloody thing when he is at our house and then I hear the music in my head for days after!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love this game I was addicted.

Trying to get my name on the high score list. I wore batteries out and my select button ever fell out I played it so much! I got bored of it in the end though as they never seemed to change the levels.

I also had one of those keyboards too.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved 'Fathom' and then 'Fathom II' about a little submarine type thing shooting things.

It was totally free (one of the few totally free games like BB)

Although sadly it disappeared a looong time ago (early 00's) from Sky Digi :(
  • Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    Yeah all the original Open / Sky Interactive games were mint back in the day! And those smash twins games on Playjam!

I wonder if this being put online has anything to do with the recently created Facebook Group? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=336564569704

Open interactive was mint back in the day. You had games, email, shops, info (4 Interactive with the alternative Big Brother feeds) - it's crap today as the internet has replaced it all.

One thing that bugged me though, why did they change the original Beehive Bedlam music? :(
  • jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Beehive. Still have it on Sky Games but wish you hadn't mentioned it. The time I have wasted having just 'one more go!' Never mind I will play it a wee while longer. Great.
  • maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love BHB, it's just like Nev's Jambuster which wasted many hours I will never get back.Nev's Jambuster has better noises though. I'm not going to look and see if it's still on the bbc site because that I dont want to get sucked back in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love Beehive Bedlam! No matter how many times I played, I couldn't get past level 17 I think. Funny that a couple of years ago I revisted it and finished it after only a few attempts! I must have got more skilful with age!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loved it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I spent (wasted) many a Saturday afternoon playing this - so addictive. I m not even going to follow the link yet or I will never get out tonight!

I failed on Friday night :( was suppose to be at the pub at 8.30 looked at my watch and it was 10... but it kinda feels worth it :o did i tell my friends why i was late? i couldn't...ohh the shame....
  • paulhayes50paulhayes50 Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I love Beehive Bedlam !! - Specially the music.
    I remember they changed to the current music about 10 years ago.
    Does anyone have the music from about 2001-2002 ??
    I can still remeber my (Then 18months old) daughter dancing around to it in her nappy !
    Shes sat right next to me and would be horrified if she knew i was posting this.. :D
  • Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    yep still on sky
  • Charlie_CochranCharlie_Cochran Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    There is a new beehive bedlam game called beehive bedlam 2