Options

Nice Flexy SCART

Reading these forums I have decided to upgrade the SCART for my PVR but access round the back is a bit of an issue so I wondered if anyone could comment on the flexibility or otherwise of these leads:

Ixos XHT611-075
QED P2110
Profigold PGV781 0.75m

All are the individually shielded, flat ribbon type with the Profigold being significantly cheaper than the other two.

QED looks snazzy (slighly pointless I know) but have read that its a bit stiff.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    hmm . . . seriously tempting.

But not sure whether it is double screened, this seems to be the main thing for many people.

Have just seen the Profigold for £11.99 (incl. del), can't help thinking there might be some quality issues going much cheaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I have one flat scart (looks similar to that kenable one) and I find it harder to route than the other normal, round cables I have. The flat ones only bend one way. I won't be getting another one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The main problem for me is the angled socket, it goes the wrong blommin' way so the cable has to be bent back double on itself.

Most of the straight connecting ones out there seem to have flat cables but that probably wouldn't present a problems as long as its reasonably pliable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are "centre fed" round cables available, I've seen them recently but can't remember where! Places I've been looking at over the last few days are Ricam and Euronetwork - try those sites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for suggestions, all seem to be the ribbon type.

I was having a quick look for round ones and bumped into this one:

Profigold OxyPure PGV7000 HD

I've seen at over £50 elsewhere and its going for £16 including delivery.

mmm . . . OxyPure . . . . now where's my anorak.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/23_48_112/products_id/569?osCsid=8d144eeb3b3f2aac2cd19e5850403c8b

these have your central positioning cable. i know their from same company but being ofc i would reckon their good enough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks again.

This company has some seriously cheap kit; I might even push the boat out and get an RS232 null modem cable to update the Humax (90p !)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Need the remote code for this please.

Cheers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Thanks for suggestions, all seem to be the ribbon type.

I was having a quick look for round ones and bumped into this one:

Profigold OxyPure PGV7000 HD

I've seen at over £50 elsewhere and its going for £16 including delivery.

mmm . . . OxyPure . . . . now where's my anorak.
    where did u see these pgv7000 for £16 - im desparate for 1 or 2 of em. cheapest iv seen is tad over £26 .
    please help time bandit or anyone else who knows where i can get these cheaper
    thanx guys
  • Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carproamer wrote: »
    Need the remote code for this please.

Cheers

You've just "hijacked" a thread with a completely unrelated query...you're supposed to start a new thread...it would also help if you phrased your query properly...a remote code for what?...to operate the TV with a Sky remote or another one-for-all type?