Amazing AI result

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
Forum Member
Stolen Earth AI of 91!!!
Un-****in-believable for a mainstream Saturday night show.

Well done RTD, you talentless old hack! LOL:):):):)

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, yeah a remarkable AI for a remarkable episode. I'd say that is probably one of the highest AI's ever for a show with a 7 million plus audience...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Whats AI?
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats AI?
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    lol, yeah a remarkable AI for a remarkable episode. I'd say that is probably one of the highest AI's ever for a show with a 7 million plus audience...:)

That DOES it: I will never watch DW again...popular with audiences? High production values? Great actors? Cracking through-lines and cliffhangers...this is NOTHING like the show I grew up with and I'm leaving...right, when does "Primeval" start again?:D
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cooper2085 wrote: »
    Whats AI?

What he said. :o I have heard it talked of but never found out what it is. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, what's AI?
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check_it wrote: »
    Yeah, what's AI?

I am so tempted to mention Spielberg but to be honest, I only know that the A stands for Audience...but I think it's good when it's high...a little like Amy Winehouse, really
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audience Appreciation figure. It's a score out of 100 based on market research into how much a show is liked by it's audience.

On UK TV, shows like Lost and The Sopranos (which currently holds the UK AI record of 96) which have small but very loyal audiences can get AI's of above 90, but it is pretty much unheard of for a show with 7.4 million overnight viewers to get a score that high.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll do my best to explain....:o

AI stands for Appreciation Index, it is a figure that represents the level of audience appreciation for a show based on random sampling, much like how the viewing figures are calculated. The scores are rated out of 100, so in this case, the rating was 91/100 based on the ratings of the (large and statistically representative) sample group.

An average AI is between 73 - 76
    Anything that rates over 85 is excellent
    Anything over 90 is exceptional.

This series, every episode of Doctor Who has rated over 85.

However, this is the first time an episode has rated over 90 in the shows history, and thus the Stolen Earth rates as an 'exceptional' programme. It is very very rare for a programme with a large audience to achieve this result, as statistically speaking the higher the audience the harder it is to maintain a high AI.

I hope that's helpful...:o
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Superb result!
  • pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sidrat wrote: »
    Stolen Earth AI of 91!!!
    Un-****in-believable for a mainstream Saturday night show.

Well done RTD, you talentless old hack! LOL:):):):)

If only Moffat had written it, we would have beaten the record. :(;)