Options

Jihadi Jack parents arrested

Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
Forum Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-35499960

Jihadi Jack's parents have been arrested for sending him money to Syria "for food and glasses". They have been arrested for sending money to fund terrorism. They have been bailed until later this month. See link above. Jihadi Jack is believed to be a terrorist fighting for ISIS in Syria.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he died. I saw a documentary about it.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he died. I saw a documentary about it.

That was Jihadi John, the sequel Jihadi Doris and Mavis will be out soon.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »

:D Can't wait....although Jack and Jill has a familiar ring to it.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Isn't it about time the government slapped down on people leaving the country if their name starts with a "J"?
  • Options
    DSCarterDSCarter Posts: 1,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Isn't it about time the government slapped down on people leaving the country if their name starts with a "J"?

'' M '' might be a safer bet.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm. Those were my Nanna and mum's names. One is dead and the other in a care home so I think the world is safe from those two :D

Seriously, apparently their son has significant 'mental health' difficulties according to recent news reports so wouldn't they be better off getting him home that sending him supplies 'because he's cold and hungry'?
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pair of idiots. I started a thread a few weeks back about them but god knows where thats gone.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »

Or JJ initials.

Or just anyone with Jihadi as a first name it would be a lot easier.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-35499960

Jihadi Jack's parents have been arrested for sending him money to Syria "for food and glasses"
    could they not have sent him to pop round the corner shop for them instead, that way he might have got back before tea. Or am I oversimplifying it a bit
  • Options
    Fruit_FlyFruit_Fly Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    Pair of idiots. I started a thread a few weeks back about them but god knows where thats gone.
    Turkey?
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are the stupidest parents on the planet.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they think he was on holiday or something?
  • Options
    SupersoulSupersoul Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they think he was on holiday or something?

He is doing humanitarian work or so his (gullible) parents believe.
  • Options
    D_S7D_S7 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Supersoul wrote: »
    He is doing humanitarian work or so his (gullible) parents believe.

They didn't notice what happened to western humanitarian workers? They should ask Alan Hemmings family.
  • Options
    A Lorna MoonA Lorna Moon Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To Syria 😄
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Has he definitely joined IS though? The son. It has been reported that people who join IS lie to their parents though.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. I'm sick of parents making excuses and going on about what great peple their kids are when they muck up. A non refundable ticket home - OK. Anything else is basically funding them and the organisations they join.

Ditto for parents of women who took her son to Syria.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Has he definitely joined IS though? The son. It has been reported that people who join IS lie to their parents though.
    No. He's on an adventure holiday and got stuck in an islamic theme park. Shaggy and Scooby get involved and rip off the mask off the scary proprietor who turns out to be our friend Dave in command of the bombers. He wouldn't have got rumbled if it wasn't for those pesky kids.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well considering every other westerner that's gone to help has found their heads resting on the back of their orange jumpsuits, what do you think he's doing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I think we can all hazard a guess, I highly doubt he is just working in the local Terrorists R Us store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or JJ initials.

Jihadi James even? ;-)
    D_S7 wrote: »
    They didn't notice what happened to western humanitarian workers? They should ask Alan Hemmings family.
    Yep. Some parents just bury their heads in the sand and ignore the truth about their kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Jihadi James even? ;-)

Yep. Some parents just bury their heads in the sand.

They should think themselves lucky they are in the UK, at least they still have a head to bury after being arrested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should think themselves lucky they are in the UK, at least they still have a head to bury after being arrested.

I thought similar after I posted and then edited it a little bit. I wasn't trying to be funny, just didn't think. But yes that's what their terrorist son has bought into, vile terrorism where innocent people are murdered.
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Actually, I have some sympathy for them. Of course they are very stupid and naive but I understand the concern for their errant son.

When they sent the money I am sure they genuinely believed it was to help their son.

Stupid, stupid boy!
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or JJ initials.

Whatever became of Jumping Jehosephat?