Grrrrr

Just got myself a Toshiba 32LD6600 - so far so good, nice icture, clear sound :)

I am now trying to connect it to my Acer Asire 3610 laptop.
When I boot the laptop up the windows screen appears, but just before it reaches the password screen, it displays a messgae 'out of range'.
I am presuming its the display settings on the laptop but as yet no amount of tinkering has resolved the issues.

Any tips?

Comments

• dpmillerdpmiller Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Screen resolution on the lappie is likely too high for the TV. Look in the owner's manual, it'll tell you what modes are acceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got myself a Toshiba 32LD6600 - so far so good, nice icture, clear sound :)

I am now trying to connect it to my Acer Asire 3610 laptop.
    When I boot the laptop up the windows screen appears, but just before it reaches the password screen, it displays a messgae 'out of range'.
    I am presuming its the display settings on the laptop but as yet no amount of tinkering has resolved the issues.

Any tips?

Is it a Toshiba 32" set or an Hitachi?

The model number you've given is for an Hitachi (Vestel).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Yes it is a Hitachi, I have one of those and similarly had trouble connecting it to an Acer laptop! In my case it was the laptop not knowing an external monitor was present. If I remember correctly I assigned the TV as primary monitor, although the panel on the laptop turned off. Strange how the windows boot up splash screen appeared initially though. Was very impressed with the picture, a few photos and videos played on it looked great. Can't grumble for a cheap telly.

Can't remember if the "out of range message" appeared when I tried it, I think it just displayed "no signal". I can't test now as it wasn't my laptop, and I'm not shifting the desktop over to it!