Elton John Offering to host Jades wedding - WHY??

Why? I mean really? Why?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090216/tuk-dying-jade-goody-to-wed-within-two-w-45dbed5.html

Dying Big Brother star Jade Goody will marry her fiance Jack Tweed within the next two weeks, Sky News Online has learned. Skip related content

Elton John has offered to host the wedding in his Windsor home and Mohamed al Fayed has donated a Harrod's wedding dress for the occasion.

Goody's PR adviser, Max Clifford, told Sky: "No date has been set, it's being talked about right now.

"It's going to be in the next couple of weeks, as quickly as things can be arranged."

The reality TV star and her fiance decided to get married as soon as possible after she was told on Friday that her cancer had become terminal.

During a shopping trip to Harrods she was pushed in a wheelchair by Tweed.

Goody, 27, has said she is desperate to spend what time she has left with Tweed, 21, and her two young children, Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.

Reports speculated the venue might be the hospital's Victorian chapel or Sir Elton John's £20m mansion near Windsor Castle.

Goody found fame with her appearance in the 2002 series of Big Brother.

Although she did not win the show, her anarchic appearance won her a place in the nation's affections and she has lived in the spotlight ever since.

But she hit the headlines for the wrong reasons in 2007 after she was accused of racism and bullying towards Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty when the pair appeared on Celebrity Big Brother.

Comments

• IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IndigoGirl wrote: »
    Why? I mean really? Why?
    Because she's the People's Reality Cancer Victim of our Hearts!

Altogether now - "Goodbye Jade Good-y..."
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Because he's a nice man?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idiotgirle wrote: »
    Because she's the People's Reality Cancer Victim of our Hearts!

Altogether now - "Goodbye Jade Good-y..."

:confused:Oh dear...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is she being given a wedding dress? I am very confused, so many poor families suffering from the same news and they get nothing. But someone with money gets even more on top, how is that fair?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't happen - if Elton allows Jade to marry in his house, then anyone else can apply to get married there as well.

(This was the reason Charles and Camilla had to move their wedding from Windsor Castle)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like tabloid hype to me. Thought she was doing it in hospital as she is too sick to move about.?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    It won't happen - if Elton allows Jade to marry in his house, then anyone else can apply to get married there as well.

(This was the reason Charles and Camilla had to move their wedding from Windsor Castle)

Ah you shouldn't have posted that, now he will change his mind lol/.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Elton John is the BOSS.

Just ask the lovely Lilly Allen! :)
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Goody's very close friend, Max Clifford, give her away?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Goody's very close friend, Max Clifford, give her away?

Since when has Clifford ever given ANYTHING away, lol :D
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    God this Goody thing is all getting totally out of hand. There's something really wrong about it all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    Because he wants to do something nice for a young woman dying of cancer?

Why is that so hard to understand? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is she being given a wedding dress? I am very confused, so many poor families suffering from the same news and they get nothing. But someone with money gets even more on top, how is that fair?

When has life ever been 'fair'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its why the rich stay rich - they seem to get given plenty even when they can afford to buy. You should see the gift bags at events like the Oscars, etc.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    laura:) wrote: »

Exactly, if it's true, then I think it's a lovely thing for Elton to do
  • IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or perhaps one Max Clifford client wants a bit of free publicity off the back of another Max Clifford client.
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Because he's a nice man?

He is just pandering to the public's will, and doing it for attention.

Remember, celebrities have to have an ulterior motive for every kind act
  • Vince JVince J Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, she's getting what she wants... she wanted to celebrities to acknowledge her illness did she not? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? I mean really? Why?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090216/tuk-dying-jade-goody-to-wed-within-two-w-45dbed5.html

Dying Big Brother star Jade Goody will marry her fiance Jack Tweed within the next two weeks, Sky News Online has learned. Skip related content

Elton John has offered to host the wedding in his Windsor home and Mohamed al Fayed has donated a Harrod's wedding dress for the occasion.

Goody's PR adviser, Max Clifford, told Sky: "No date has been set, it's being talked about right now.

"It's going to be in the next couple of weeks, as quickly as things can be arranged."

The reality TV star and her fiance decided to get married as soon as possible after she was told on Friday that her cancer had become terminal.

During a shopping trip to Harrods she was pushed in a wheelchair by Tweed.

Goody, 27, has said she is desperate to spend what time she has left with Tweed, 21, and her two young children, Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.

Reports speculated the venue might be the hospital's Victorian chapel or Sir Elton John's £20m mansion near Windsor Castle.

Goody found fame with her appearance in the 2002 series of Big Brother.

Although she did not win the show, her anarchic appearance won her a place in the nation's affections and she has lived in the spotlight ever since.

But she hit the headlines for the wrong reasons in 2007 after she was accused of racism and bullying towards Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty when the pair appeared on Celebrity Big Brother.

Its all rumour and speculation, coming from Goody/Clifford.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Bear wrote: »
    God this Goody thing is all getting totally out of hand. There's something really wrong about it all.

Yep - whether we all want to hear it or not, every last shred of this story is being pushed at us day upon day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    yag wrote: »
    He is just pandering to the public's will, and doing it for attention.

Remember, celebrities have to have an ulterior motive for every kind act

I really don't understand why some people are so cynical. Why is it not possible that he just wants to do a nice thing? I really don't think its fair to say ALL celebrities have an ulterior motive for EVERY kind act!

Poor Jade, how awful it must be to face pain and ultimately death while reading such awful bile filled comments in the media. I am no fan of hers particularly but people's criticism and cynicism is getting on my nerves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then choose one who actually can't afford to get married to her fella before she dies.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greedyguts wrote: »
    I really don't understand why some people are so cynical. Why is it not possible that he just wants to do a nice thing? I really don't think its fair to say ALL celebrities have an ulterior motive for EVERY kind act!

Poor Jade, how awful it must be to face pain and ultimately death while reading such awful bile filled comments in the media. I am no fan of hers particularly but people's criticism and cynicism is getting on my nerves.

I just find that it saves time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greedyguts wrote: »

If he extended that offer to someone non famous, I would think he was being nice. Now I just think he is pathetic same as the Harrods boss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    Then choose one who actually can't afford to get married to her fella before she dies.

Well that's up to him isn't it. I don't see what the problem is?