University clearing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all! So, I've just finished my A Levels and am awaiting results. I haven't actually applied for university due to wanting to take a gap year but lately I've had my mind slipping more and more towards going in September so I'm wondering that even though I'm not on the UCAS system would I be able to enter via clearing if I get the right grades?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Three of my friends went to a uni they never applied for using clearing (better than expected results). However, this was back in 2002 when places weren't as in demand as they are today.

All you can do is try.
  • LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are loads of Clearing places. I got on my course through it. There's bound to be something you'd like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I'm feeling a bit more confident now about it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Here is the link to the UCAS site, you still need to apply to Uni, and they send the forms to Clearing if you've applied after 30 June from what I can read here http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

There are allegedly more students applying to Uni than there are places often, but then people's plans change, so you may get your choice of course through Clearing.

Fill the forms in asap is my advice - All the very best!
  • maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the link to the UCAS site, you still need to apply to Uni, and they send the forms to Clearing if you've applied after 30 June from what I can read here http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

There are allegedly more students applying to Uni than there are places often, but then people's plans change, so you may get your choice of course through Clearing.

Fill the forms in asap is my advice - All the very best!

Yes but the popular courses like drama are the over subscribed ones where a German and Geology combined degree, for example, may have loads of spaces??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP what subject would you like to study?
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Leewich wrote: »
    There are loads of Clearing places. I got on my course through it. There's bound to be something you'd like.

There have been far fewer places available through clearing than there were even just few years ago. Many degrees that used to take many people through clearing now take none.
  • x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You dont need to go through clearing if you apply before 30th June. My boyfriend only applied last week and has been accepted onto 3 of his 5 courses already. All it means is if you apply after the deadline but before 30th June then they can't guarantee you a place, but if they still have places left you've got just as much chance as someone who applied last October.

Go for it now, you dont need to wait for clearing. You have however missed the deadline for student finance so you might not get payment in time for starting the course. You'll still get a loan, it just might be late.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eng123 wrote: »
    OP what subject would you like to study?

Law LLB