Options

Alcohol;Social Drink: seems to often brink out the worst in me

MayfairBlueMayfairBlue Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
I've put this in here for the fear that in GD, this may well turn completely trivial;

I only really drink 3 nights in a week, but at times mainly due to football, it brings out the worst in me; I cry, I get moody, I get depressed :cry:

Feat not, I'll get over it, but equally, summat' not right if Internet forums are getting the better of me.:(

This is when I reach the thought that I wish I had a girlfriend; albeit and aside my mum,dad, and brother, I have nobody really :cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What advice would you like?
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't drink then.
  • Options
    Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF? I doubt a girlfriend would help with this and the problem doesn't seem to be alcohol, it's merely a symptom of some of the issues you seem to have.
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much are you drinking to get into that state?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give up the football?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more to do with a couple of football related forums and not this one, though Christian Grey, I'm not surprised this has given you the opportunity to wade in to have a dig and this is the sort of thing that gets up my back if I'm honest.

It's not the drink that's the problem and essentially, it's a few bottles of beer, but there's something else that triggers this and it was a particular game last night where we drew the match after being 2 goals up of which was very disappointing.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Can I ask what it is you drink?
    I have a friend who can't drink gin cause of this, one who can't drink red stripe and one who can't drink wine. They are fine on other types of alcohol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    Can I ask what it is you drink?
    I have a friend who can't drink gin cause of this, one who can't drink red stripe and one who can't drink wine. They are fine on other types of alcohol

No worries, just beer, for example, Carlsberg or sometimes Corona of which I enjoy the taste of.

I like my ciders, but they are not strong as people make them out to be and I was already livid by then.

I think it's probably down to the quantity (4 cans (440ml) and the pace, though I insist, it's down to forum opinions where it seems to test my patience and disappointment of football results.

I need other activities in the evening in terms of occupying or, I'd be better suited at a pub, but it's not always affordable and plus, I'm currently out of work and looking for work to try and turn this around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No worries, just beer, for example, Carlsberg or sometimes Corona of which I enjoy the taste of.

I like my ciders, but they are not strong as people make them out to be and I was already livid by then.

I think it's probably down to the quantity (4 cans (440ml) and the pace, though I insist, it's down to forum opinions where it seems to test my patience and disappointment of football results.

I need other activities in the evening in terms of occupying or, I'd be better suited at a pub, but it's not always affordable and plus, I'm currently out of work and looking for work to try and turn this around.

:eek:You seem to have two or three problems, first too much time alone, drinking and letting football become too serious.
    solutions too much time alone. This can be one of the issues people have when unemployed find something to do, go into town and find a voluntry job in a charity shop (even sorting sellable stuff from rubbish gets you out, doing something)
    drinking too much (especially alone) can become a real problem for some people, mixing two or three types of booze can have consequences too. My son isn't an alcaholic, but if he starts to drink he can't stop. so he has stopped (he's 24). I know you are going to hate me for this but FOOTBALL IS JUST A GAME. don't take to heart something like this, you can't control what happens on the football field even if you go to the match all your shouting and singing has little or no effect on the outcome. accept that fact and you'll be happier. You can however have an effect, (change) other things in your life. as I often say to my single 34 year old son, You'll not find a girlfriend sitting at home, join a club, do a course, get a charity job, go for a walk in the park. to be in with a chance of finding someone we have to be among other people.

keeping busy, drinking alone too much (mixing drink)
This discussion has been closed.